Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

OMG, that was so beautiful to see. I have been under the bridge lots of times on that ship, but that was special. Our harbour is lovely too!!

I have a 2:30 min video to upload at some stage. Beautiful moment, and it sounded awesome too

• Like 4

Great pics there.  Looking at tv news plenty of media on board talking to the  cruiselings.

Ye olde Dawn Princess now Pacific Explorer, sails again !

Above all, enjoy.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I shuddered when some of those cruiselings told the media on board…Everybody is over covid and covid is over. What rock did they crawl out from under? 

If that's the attitude onboard then I'm glad it was a P&O ship that was the first to restart not a Princess ship. Imagine the furore if the ship came back with Covid cases onboard and it was a Princess ship! 🤔🙄😯

I wonder if Dora will end up having some cases onboard and if so, how many.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If that's the attitude onboard then I'm glad it was a P&O ship that was the first to restart not a Princess ship. Imagine the furore if the ship came back with Covid cases onboard and it was a Princess ship! 🤔🙄😯

I wonder if Dora will end up having some cases onboard and if so, how many.

It's only a 3 day / 4 night cruise. Anyone that catches covid onboard THIS cruise will test positive on their return home, so no-one will know. That is until the staff members catch it off passengers and they start testing + say in the next week or so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

It's only a 3 day / 4 night cruise. Anyone that catches covid onboard THIS cruise will test positive on their return home, so no-one will know. That is until the staff members catch it off passengers and they start testing + say in the next week or so.

The problem might be the people who came onboard with Covid. In two days time they could be showing symptoms and could have been infectious from the time they boarded.

I really hope that doesn't happen, that people are going to be sensible onboard.- wearing masks, social distancing etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

For those that can access Instagram. I will try to get it on the tube later.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeNvyKQD2iD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So good Geoff, just saw Jim and Karen (Karmac) in front of you, say hi to them for me, ah the good ol days!!

Downunder, how cool!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

If I was onboard, I don't think that I would be making use of the waterslides at this time 🙂

I wouldn’t anytime lol but seeing as sailaway had a few people in the pools already I reckon some people will for sure.

Great video young Geoffrey. Was that Zoltina J going off, revving up her cruiselings in fine style?

More importantly how is the sea state and the tucker?

Tell Capitano to turn on the bridgecam, it is not in operation.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Good morning from the Tasman Sea. We still have a stiff crosswind, but seas are relatively calm.

20220601_070851.thumb.jpg.eabaedd2ee146d60fff369eeaf227d1b.jpg

I will update and respond to some questions a bit later after breakfast. It is great to be waking up at sea again.

We now need to be on our best behaviour here, as we have been added to the "Live" forum.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Good morning from the Tasman Sea. We still have a stiff crosswind, but seas are relatively calm.

20220601_070851.thumb.jpg.eabaedd2ee146d60fff369eeaf227d1b.jpg

I will update and respond to some questions a bit later after breakfast. It is great to be waking up at sea again.

We now need to be on our best behaviour here, as we have been added to the "Live" forum.

We’ll try 😇

can you see land when travelling up the coast? That’s the question my kids ask me cos they going nowhere on a cruise unless they see land at all times lol. But go ahead and eat your Brekky first lol, where are you eating it? MDR? 

Usually when cruising off NSW, the coast isn't visible. The only place in Australian waters that I can think of where the cost is visible for a long period of time, is off far Nth Q'ld where the Great Barrier Reef is closer to the coast than it is further south.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Usually when cruising off NSW, the coast isn't visible. The only place in Australian waters that I can think of where the cost is visible for a long period of time, is off far Nth Q'ld where the Great Barrier Reef is closer to the coast than it is further south.

That means my kids (grown up) won’t be getting on a cruise some time soon!

hope you enjoyed Brekky!

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We’ll try 😇

can you see land when travelling up the coast? That’s the question my kids ask me cos they going nowhere on a cruise unless they see land at all times lol. But go ahead and eat your Brekky first lol, where are you eating it? MDR? 

Generally no, you normally only see glimpses of the pointy bits. But today, we are currently cruising a fair closer than usual and Smoky Cape is prominent. 

20220601_085019.thumb.jpg.63d1ee3824ca40cb75cb419467084d1d.jpg

Tonight I expect to see the glow of the Gold Coast lights, and we enter Moreton Bay sometime near midnight and get to see lights for much of the way from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane.

Just tell your kids it looks like that the whole way 🤣

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, NSWP said:

Just 2 to 3 metre seas up the coast, a mere ripple.

Bon voyage from Uncle Les.

We are close in. Not Concordia close though. Feels like 2 metres tops at present.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I’ve seen a two minute snippet on abc. Those water slides look pretty cool so I hope you make use of them arxcards 🥳🥳

Pass. I have done it previously, but knowing what weather we would have, I left the togs at home.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Thanks. I'm sure it's wrong information but some dude showed a screenshot they got from a Travel Agent of all people, that this is a new daily charge. Just wanting to squash the rumor that's all. Thanks.

I think it lacks context. It is still possible to add a tip in the specialty restaurants. But as to a $7.50pp/pd auto gratuity - bunkum.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think it lacks context. It is still possible to add a tip in the specialty restaurants. But as to a $7.50pp/pd auto gratuity - bunkum.

Great response, for a start, auto gratuity would never be as low as $7.50pp/pd - that’s the first clue to it being a rubbish post. The second is it was on ‘bookhead” 👍

Edited by Porky55