Shampoo?

INeedAMaiTai

Do they still have the dispenser things with the shampoo and body wash in the shower?  I know this is a tiny detail, but traveling across the country with three kids, the last thing I want to cart is a gallon of shampoo.

My shower has pump bottles sort of attached to the wall. So not quite a dispenser (unless you count a pump bottle as a dispenser, which it is, but...), but, yes, it does have shampoo.

They do, with a shampoo-conditioner combo, as well a ge.  On other cruises I just couldn't use it as it left my hair like crinkle wrap.  (I always bring travel sizes of shampoo and conditioner, so it was ok)  

Our March cruise the product seemed to be better than before, but I still used my travel condioner.  

I always bring my own in small disposable containers, the kind a small bottle of low-dose aspirin comes in  bc they are under the 3 oz liquid TSA rule, and they can be tossed in the garbage when cruise is over.  For longer cruises where I may need several shampoos I just add another small container or two.

Edited by GloriaF

We really dislike the body wash and the shampoo provided. We never use the dispensers in the shower. We take small bottles of shampoo and my wife also takes a small bottle of conditioner. (A very small bottle of shampoo can last me for quite a while as I don't have much hair. We're planning to book a 32 day B2B2B and I'll still only take the one small bottle. 🙂) With kids along you would need more than one bottle but small bottles are still easy to deal with. We were pleased to find that we were provided plenty of bar soap. The steward left extra soap, towels, tissue, toilet pa[er, etc. I'm guessing it's because we said he could skip evening turn down so he made sure we wouldn't end up calling for something of that sort. It was great. I did take a small bar of soap with me in case none was provided but it wasn't necessary.

15 hours ago, ImGoingFirst said:

I'm fine with the shampoo/conditioner combo to wash my hair but I wish I had brought my own conditioner. It didn't get my tangles out. The body wash is fine and there's lotion and hand soap in the sink area. 

There is no hand soap on the Island. The shower dispensers are poorly positioned so that the water washes the soap off your hand while you are trying to get it.

• Haha 1