Non-expiring FCCs?

Anybody else get this?  I think I have a remaining FCC of $8........

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We have exciting news for you! To provide you with additional flexibility to sail with us, we have extended your Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Your FCC will remain active and will never expire.

Our systems still require an expiration date on file, so in the next few days we’ll update our records to reflect an expiration date far in the future – rest assured these credits do not expire. No action is needed on your part, we’ll take care of everything for you!

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

Yes, I got it.  It is applicable only to CWC FCCs.  If you have any other kind of FCC it will still expire.  I have 1 FCC from a recent cancellation but have been “promised” a cash-out for it.  I guess I’ll find out once it’s issued.  Dubious, at best.

I got the same e-mail.  However, it does not identify to only CWC FCCs.

I'm assuming it was sent out to those that have outstanding FCCs.

Edited by nelblu

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I got the same e-mail.  However, it does not identify to only CWC FCCs.

I'm assuming it was sent out to those that have outstanding FCCs.

Effective June 1st, 2022, all unredeemed Future Cruise Credits will be treated as follows:

• Cruise with Confidence FCCs will no longer expire, providing your clients with endless flexibility! Though our systems will continue to require a noted expiration date, we will automatically extend this date to one in the far future – ensuring that these FCCs will never terminate.
  • Global Sailing Suspension FCCs will also offer increased flexibility! The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on the original reservation will no longer expire. The incremental 25% bonus value, however, will maintain the current expiration date noted on the Future Cruise Credit and will remain active until this point. Be sure to encourage your clients to redeem this portion of the FCC before the expiration date or such funds will become inactive and can no longer be used towards a future sailing.
  • All Other FCC Types remain unchanged and will continue to enforce the expiration date noted on the Future Cruise Credit.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:
  • Global Sailing Suspension FCCs will also offer increased flexibility! The portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on the original reservation will no longer expire. The incremental 25% bonus value, however, will maintain the current expiration date noted on the Future Cruise Credit and will remain active until this point. Be sure to encourage your clients to redeem this portion of the FCC before the expiration date or such funds will become inactive and can no longer be used towards a future sailing.

What exactly does that mean?

Original GSS FCC = $375 ($300 + 25% bonus ($75))

Applied $200 to sailing, leaving $175 re-issued FCC.

Was all of the $75 bonus used or only $40 ($200/1.25)?

Does the re-issued FCC of $175 include a partial bonus ($35)?  

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

What exactly does that mean?

I take it to mean that the FCC portion equal to the full fare price will not expire but the 25% "bonus" FCC will expire as originally noted.

Keep in mind that this new rule applies to UNredeemed CWC FCC.

Edited by RFerrington

3 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Just to clarify, does that mean if i cancel mu cruise with confidence fcc within the final payment window it would never expire? That would be a good deal indeed.

Not sure I'm following your question....but just note that this new "rule" is applicable to UNredeemed CWC FCC's.  I don't really know yet what will happen if CWC FCC is redeemed (used to make a new booking) and then later cancelled....but my guess is that once redeemed, the FCC will lost its CWC status.  That is JUST a guess.  I really do not know.

16 minutes ago, ennjay said:

Anyone know how to check your FCC's? I just got this email but I thought I had used up all my FCC.  But I'm not really sure.  How might I check??

As far as I know, there is no way to find them online. Intentional from RCCL?  You either have to call or you can find the originals in your email history.

I am very confused about this letter.

Royal cancelled our cruise last August. We chose the option of full refund and declined the Future Cruise Credit option. 

I cannot imagine that we have any credit, but maybe someone out there could clarify this / be in same situation?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, seaotter15 said:

I cannot imagine that we have any credit, but maybe someone out there could clarify this / be in same situation?

If you got your refund, you have nothing to do. RCI IT messages could be on automatic pilot.

• Like 2