Zero alcohol

Padster72

We are considering a Med cruise on Celebrity Beyond. I don’t drink alcohol but do like alcohol free beer and wine. P&O offer Becks Blue in all bars and restaurants and you can by alcohol free wine in the restaurants.

Can I get non-alcoholic beer and wine on Beyond?

Yes

Celebrity carries a line of Sutter Hill Wines called Fre - Bubbly, White, Rose and Red.    They aren't bad.    In California they have them at the Grocery Store at about $8.50 a bottle.  

https://www.frewines.com/wine-collection/

They also carry a number of non-alcoholic beers - 0'Dools and often either Clausthaler or Heineken Zero

They also have A Zero Proof menu in a couple bars with mixed drinks.

Edited by Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes

Celebrity carries a line of Sutter Hill Wines called Fre - Bubbly, White, Rose and Red.    They aren't bad.    In California they have them at the Grocery Store at about $8.50 a bottle.  

They also carry a number of non-alcoholic beers - 0'Dools and often either Clausthaler or Heineken Zero

Just to add to this, X recently updated their policy allowing you carry on two bottles of wine (with or without alcohol)  PER PERSON; just be sure they're around 750ml.  I'm pretty sure you can also carry on a 12 pack of alcohol free beer since it's technically soda.  If questioned by the XRay person just state it's alcohol free soda.

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just to add to this, X recently updated their policy allowing you carry on two bottles of wine (with or without alcohol)  PER PERSON; just be sure they're around 750ml.  I'm pretty sure you can also carry on a 12 pack of alcohol free beer since it's technically soda.  If questioned by the XRay person just state it's alcohol free soda.

Actually I don’t think that it is considered soda. It’s not offered in the non-alcohol packages for one thing. It contains some residual alcohol for another. I don’t believe it’s supposed to be brought on board,  although depending on who is doing the screening you might get away with it

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Actually I don’t think that it is considered soda. It’s not offered in the non-alcohol packages for one thing. It contains some residual alcohol for another. I don’t believe it’s supposed to be brought on board,  although depending on who is doing the screening you might get away with it

Very true but the enforcer is the Xray person, not X crew, if they mention anything (they probably won't) just call it alcohol free soda.  Worst case, you won't get it on but will get it back during disembarkation. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes

Thank Jim_Ian that’s really helpful.

will book my cruise on Beyond now.

FWIW, I no longer drink, and was surprised how much i enjoyed a Heineken Alcohol free beer a couple a months ago. But if you look on the bottle it is .5%  I bought a six pack of Boston Pale Ale in the store the other day, and it was also .5%.  Other brands I looked at were also .5%.

I'd guess there are 0% brands.

If Boston Pale Ale is the Old Stone Brewing Company's Boston Pale Ale, you miss read the % it's 5% not 0.5%  Sam Adams Boston Ale is 5.4%. Most Ales and lagers ate around 5%+ ABV.

Heineken Zero actually contains 0.03% ABV vs other non-alcoholic beers which have less than 0.5% ABV.

30 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

FWIW, I no longer drink, and was surprised how much i enjoyed a Heineken Alcohol free beer a couple a months ago. But if you look on the bottle it is .5%  I bought a six pack of Boston Pale Ale in the store the other day, and it was also .5%.  Other brands I looked at were also .5%.

I'd guess there are 0% brands.

While that is true if you were to look at Orange Juice it by natural fermentation contains beween .15-.73% -  Wheat and Rye Bred .29% -  American Burger Roll 1.28%

Interesting Read -

https://goodstuffdrinks.com/blogs/the-good-stuff/how-much-alcohol-in-alcohol-free-drinks

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

While that is true if you were to look at Orange Juice it by natural fermentation contains beween .15-.73% -  Wheat and Rye Bred .29% -  American Burger Roll 1.28%

Interesting Read -

https://goodstuffdrinks.com/blogs/the-good-stuff/how-much-alcohol-in-alcohol-free-drinks

Yep,

I haven't had a truly 0% that I liked. I probably would not have known the .5% had it if a friend hadn't told me.  I hadn't had a beer in 20+ years. That might have something to do with my enjoyment.

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

If Boston Pale Ale is the Old Stone Brewing Company's Boston Pale Ale, you miss read the % it's 5% not 0.5%  Sam Adams Boston Ale is 5.4%. Most Ales and lagers ate around 5%+ ABV.

Heineken Zero actually contains 0.03% ABV vs other non-alcoholic beers which have less than 0.5% ABV.

Oops, sorry. It was Samuel Adams NA IPA. .5%  "Just the Haze"

I just came from our local Publix and saw it there.  The Heineken said 0.0%. I couldn't find anything on the bottle that said otherwise. 

• Like 1

In the United States, the ABV needed to get the "non-alcoholic" label is up to 0.5%. That's why so many NA beers have the 0.5% on the label, although the actual alcohol content might be lower. It's such a small amount that the producers are covering the possibility of variation. 

I'd love to see Celebrity offer some of the NA craft options--Athletic is a big one, and Brew Dog has some decent choices--and some Seedlip cocktails but I'm not sure they'd be either adequate supply or demand for something like that on a ship. 

• Like 2

We have guest visiting tonight from Australia and one also is off booze due to medical reason.  We just picked up a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon Fre     I wish Celebrity carried some of the Varietals in addition to the plain red.

When we were out I also saw a place selling Alcohol Free Gin.  

image.png.6513d055be2a7bc690f63cf2272bcc86.png

On 6/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Very true but the enforcer is the Xray person, not X crew, if they mention anything (they probably won't) just call it alcohol free soda.  Worst case, you won't get it on but will get it back during disembarkation. 

why try and cheat? Your not permitted. Don't bring it.

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That's for the XRay person to decide; reminder, I personally won't be attempting this

you are suggesting that you lie about the contents to get in on board. what would call that? I call it cheating and taking advantage of the staff person.

8 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

you are suggesting that you lie about the contents to get in on board. what would call that? I call it cheating and taking advantage of the staff person.

Or...Keeping the staff on their toes