Oceania Airport Transfers

tunaman2011

Greetings

We are flying to Seattle to board Regatta at the end of the month. We used Oceania Air which now includes the airport transfers. Is there an Oceania rep that meets you outside baggage claim or is there some other place you find the transfer? We have cruised many times on Oceania but this is our first using their transfers. Just don't want to be wandering around the airport searching for them after some very long flights.. 

Good Sailing

Tom

Tom,

There will be a rep waiting (with an Oceania sign) right outside baggage claim.  Your luggage will be taken to a cart, and you likely will have to wait a bit if some other flights are arriving around the same time as yours -- unless everyone has been waiting for your flight.

I'll bet you're going to love Regatta.  The R ships are our faves.

• Like 1

We had transfers included as part of staying at an O hotel pre-cruise and were met outside the baggage claim by a driver with our names on a sign. It was a private transfer from airport to hotel. Expect a private car was provided as we were the only guests arriving at that particular time. Our included transfer from hotel to ship was on a bus with other O guests. 

Our experience was back in 2016 when we sat on our plane at LAX for close to 2 hours due to a bomb threat at the terminal. Once we got our luggage there was a woman with an Oceania sign waiting! It was sometime ago but, Oceania do keep abreast of flight status (not sure about transfer to another flight) for their arriving guests so hopefully they will wait. 

Edited by WESTEAST

Greetings

I'd like to thank everyone for the helpful replies. We have used Viking's transfers before and even though we have many cruises on Oceania we have never used their transfers. I am not a fan of surprises so I just wanted to have an idea of what to expect. It will be a long flying day and we will be tired so it's nice to know what other people have experienced. Again, thanks to all.

Good Sailing

Tom

Do not forget to get your bags from the carousel & take them to the transfer bus

Believe it or not some people think O will get them from baggage claim for them  then complain when they have no luggage on the ship 🤔

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, GICNJC said:

Does anyone have experience with O transfers where the connecting plane to destination was substantially delayed and/or transferred to another flight?

Not me, but someone on my cruise told me that one of their traveling companions missed getting on the ship in Barcelona due to flight issues. (I want to say they flew out of Newark but I could be wrong.) Oceania flew them to Valencia, Spain (the next port/first one visited) and arranged for them to embark there.

• Like 2

Is it possible to pay a fee and  use the ground transportation from the airport (in this case, Rome), to the port (in this case, Civitavecchia (sp?)) if one has not bought the Oceania air plan?   We are flying into Rome the day before embarkation, but will stay at the airport Hilton and go to the port the day of our sailing.   Has anyone done this?   

I logged on to my next cruise to check. In the tabs where you can add shore excursions, etc. there is a "Transfers and Visas" tab. This is what mine says, "

Transfers
You have no transfers

Oceania Cruises provides optional transfers between the airport and ship on day of embarkation or disembarkation. Your Pre- or Post-transfers are included at no additional expense when you reserve a Pre- or Post-Hotel package."

"

Dear W:

We have stayed at the Hilton Airport several times.  It is a short cab ride (20 mins.) to the port. There is also a pay shuttle available.  Hilton offers a free daily trip to Rome (morning to and late afternoon back) or you could tour Civitavecchia.  The Hotel is connected to the International Terminal.

Joel Barry

On 6/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear W:

We have stayed at the Hilton Airport several times.  It is a short cab ride (20 mins.) to the port. There is also a pay shuttle available.  Hilton offers a free daily trip to Rome (morning to and late afternoon back) or you could tour Civitavecchia.  The Hotel is connected to the International Terminal.

Joel Barry

On 6/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear W:

We have stayed at the Hilton Airport several times.  It is a short cab ride (20 mins.) to the port.

What Hilton to what port ?

FCO is  more than 20 mins to the port in Cititavecchia

On 6/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

I logged on to my next cruise to check. In the tabs where you can add shore excursions, etc. there is a "Transfers and Visas" tab. This is what mine says, "

Transfers
You have no transfers

Oceania Cruises provides optional transfers between the airport and ship on day of embarkation or disembarkation. Your Pre- or Post-transfers are included at no additional expense when you reserve a Pre- or Post-Hotel package."

"

thanks for the heads up.   we are not buying a pre nor post cruise hotel package, as I really think they are too pricey.  I did check my trip on the oceania website, and it offers a connection to the port from the airport, priced at $69. pp.   it is described as 'c/o transportation to port'.   not sure what c/o means, but a private car is actually cheaper for 2 than $138., so we'll go that route.   Again, thanks.  

2 minutes ago, WFHFLOYD said:

thanks for the heads up.   we are not buying a pre nor post cruise hotel package, as I really think they are too pricey.  I did check my trip on the oceania website, and it offers a connection to the port from the airport, priced at $69. pp.   it is described as 'c/o transportation to port'.   not sure what c/o means, but a private car is actually cheaper for 2 than $138., so we'll go that route.   Again, thanks.  

Depends on the port but usually  taking a taxi , Uber or private car service is cheaper  than the bus  & you have to wait for the bus to fill up before it departs