Breakaway itinerary change for July 31st and Aug 7 sailings

tryan70

5 minutes ago, pakmount said:

We were just about to book this sailing for the 17th - the NCL site still shows all of the ports and the salesperson I spoke with said his side showed them as well.... hmmmm

Don't fall for it! We are on that cruise and got the email telling us about the itinerary changes! 

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 4.08.12 PM.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
photo

Hmmm, even with this revised itinerary - let me take a wild guess, NCL has no stated intentions and isn't refunding port taxes/charges/fees for skipping DR and BVI and/or issuing OBC as passengers are being affected by these "unforeseen circumstances"  #cough #cough

Edited by mking8288

25 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Hmmm, even with this revised itinerary - let me take a wild guess, NCL has no stated intentions and isn't refunding port taxes/charges/fees for skipping DR and BVI and/or issuing OBC as passengers are being affected by these "unforeseen circumstances"  #cough #cough

its much worse that the original itinerary port taxes was for 4 ports and now the new revised itinerary is only 3 ports. where is that 1 port tax going? on other cruise lines port taxes is always refunded

50 minutes ago, pakmount said:

We were just about to book this sailing for the 17th - the NCL site still shows all of the ports and the salesperson I spoke with said his side showed them as well.... hmmmm

They haven't updated the website yet, per the fine print in the letter update will take until around June 17th. ( or at least that is when will be able to book shore ex for San Juan)

We also got this email for our July 17th cruise. Did anyone else notice that they mention getting refunds for Puerto Plata but don’t mention anything in the shore excursion refunds about BVI? Do you think there’s a chance they’ll add this stop back on at the end of the cruise? Does Norwegian ever re-edit the schedule again?C7D895F9-B2AD-4945-9DC7-6041A65B40FC.thumb.jpeg.7de67d84078981837f4c8e84b44ab60d.jpeg

On 6/6/2022 at 4:17 PM, tryan70 said:

Just got letter. Hoping there will be subsequent changes because this is a pretty bad itinerary

image.png.96f017d453a6cdbc372aee149248c2d0.png

We are on this cruise and it's a bummer!! They removed 2 ports and only replaced 1- which is Puerto Rico and the times are not the best! Wondering if anyone knows why the change??

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, Jenn Jeter said:

@NCL please inform your customers what these unforeseen circumstances are that require you to make these modifications. I booked this cruise because of DR and BVI ports; not for 3 days at sea. What I paid for this cruise does not justify the ports we are going to and the 3 days at sea.

Good luck getting an answer from NCL! Or getting any type of compensation for missing a port. It is what it is....I hope I'm wrong, but am guessing every other cruise line is like this too or NCL wouldn't think they can get away with it. 

Given bookings are up and on board spend is up, I don't see any end to their crappy customer service (if one can even call it service). 

21 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Good luck getting an answer from NCL! Or getting any type of compensation for missing a port. It is what it is....I hope I'm wrong, but am guessing every other cruise line is like this too or NCL wouldn't think they can get away with it. 

Given bookings are up and on board spend is up, I don't see any end to their crappy customer service (if one can even call it service). 

Our TA just got off the phone w/customer service (after spending SEVERAL HRS waiting to get through) and they told her they are not offering anything at this time for the itinerary change. If we wanted to change cruises, it's too late b/c there would be severe penalties and pretty much kiss our $$$ good-bye. 😞 Very disappointed!!

• Like 2

This is a disaster. My husband and I are beyond disappointed. I’m really upset as I apparently have no other options. I just don’t understand how this is allowable and how we as customers are all just going to go along with this. The change is ludicrous. I really don’t need a 7 day booze cruise. It’s not what we signed up for and we are beyond disappointed. We may never cruise again if NCL doesn’t make this right. I really hope my complaints are not falling on deaf ears. My friends say there is nothing we can do, I have to have faith that there is hope. I’m willing to sell mine if it can be transferred. I don’t want to go to San Juan. And, the entire cruise was booked on the fact that we were going to DR. I’m pretty angry!!!! What recourse do I have? 

47 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Really?  What's the big attraction there?  (serious question, I've never been)

For me and for us it would be the opportunity to see our family. We were planning to celebrate my grandsons kindergarten graduation. My family lives in Santo Domingo. They were all going to meet us in Puerto plata on Tuesday.

As you can see I am biased. 🇩🇴 We have beautiful beaches, and beautiful people. It’s definitely worth the trip.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mdes718 said:

This is a disaster. My husband and I are beyond disappointed. I’m really upset as I apparently have no other options. I just don’t understand how this is allowable and how we as customers are all just going to go along with this. The change is ludicrous. I really don’t need a 7 day booze cruise. It’s not what we signed up for and we are beyond disappointed. We may never cruise again if NCL doesn’t make this right. I really hope my complaints are not falling on deaf ears. My friends say there is nothing we can do, I have to have faith that there is hope. I’m willing to sell mine if it can be transferred. I don’t want to go to San Juan. And, the entire cruise was booked on the fact that we were going to DR. I’m pretty angry!!!! What recourse do I have? 

Listen to your friends 

The Getaway out of port Canaveral on Aug 6th is docking in Puerto plata, retained only 2 sea days and gets a reasonable port time in San Juan (7am-3pm).  Looks like there is dock space so don't understand why we can't just follow this itinerary a day later. Would be preferable to the substandard cruise we are left with

Edited by tryan70

• 4 weeks later...

NCL has been no help whatsoever.  I have cruised with NCL several times - this will be my last.  To add insult to injury, they made a $600 error in my billing.  When I asked why one cabin was so much less than the other, I was assured it was all correct.  Come to find out, they did not charge the 2nd cabin for the free at sea or the gratuities (although I have confirmation emails).  I was basically told to pay up or lose the $9,000 we paid.  They would not even give credit.  Had I known the extra $600, I would not have booked.