Cancellation fees

I just booked a cruise on Splendor.  Under guest cancellation schedule the first line item is “121 days or more prior to departure $100.”

Does this mean that as soon as I book and make the first deposit the $100 fee kicks in if I cancel , even though the cruise is a year away?  I’m told it can be applied to a future cruise but this is a first for me.

Yes, that is exactly what it means.  However, at least Regent let’s you apply the $100 ‘admin’ fee to any other reservation as long as it is before final payment.  I have a cruise in October that I have applied five different admin fees to, so that is a total of $1,000 as the $100 fee is charged per person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

I just booked a cruise on Splendor.

When you book onboard, you have 30 days (after debarkation) to cancel without the $100 penalty / admin fee.  So, depending on when "just booked" occurred, you can cancel and get a full refund.

This does not happen if you are from the UK, the deposit is 20% of the fare and is lost if you cancel up to 180.days before the cruise. I really annoys me that non US passengers are treated as second class citizens. I do not understand why all passengers are not treated the same.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bryeden said:

the deposit is 20% of the fare and is lost if you cancel up to 180.days before the cruise.

It is what it is. 
Often the deposit is lowered to 10%, but again forfeited if the guest cancels. 

The only way for U K cruisers to avoid this penalty is by booking whilst on board or up to 30 days prior to  a Regent cruise. 
This has been difficult to do over the last 2 years  🤨

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

I have a cruise in October that I have applied five different admin fees to, so that is a total of $1,000 as the $100 fee is charged per person.

so regent had work of 5 booking & 5 cancellation with no fee & 5 cabins blocked

6 hours ago, seaknots said:

so regent had work of 5 booking & 5 cancellation with no fee & 5 cabins blocked

No, my travel agent had the work.  Regent significantly changed one of the itineraries making it unacceptable.  Over a two year period my two nieces each scheduled their weddings which conflicted with bookings.  My golden retriever developed cancer.  Life happens. 

The suites for every cruise we have taken, or have currently booked, with Regent were priced at $2,000 or more a night, so cry me a river.  It is the cost of doing business, but they and my agent are well compensated in the fares we pay. 

• Like 2