MSC Seashore Cruise Review and MyVegas Rewards

Fishfan0073

I am going to start this review now because I booked this cruise just a week or so ago, and I have noticed there are very few actual reviews of MSC cruises with photos.  A little background on us, I am 49 (long time lurker first time poster) and DW is 43 and this will be our 4th cruise all with different lines.  We are sailing with my sister 38 and her partner 36, and they have been on 2 other cruises.  So we are not newbies but we are very new to MSC.  

DW and I are from South Florida and both are in the hospitality industry so our vacation time is limited to the summer months.  There are other work limitations around holidays so this was the week that worked best for the four of us.  I know sailing this late in the hurricane season is scary to some but we purchase trip insurance so cruise is booked.  When looking to book I somehow remembered hey I play a slot game and they have rewards and MSC was one of their partners.  Opened the app and sure enough for 200,000 reward coins there is a 30% discount.  Ever skeptical I started to look for others that have used this and there was not much out there.  I did find one person on YouTube and it worked for him, and since I have over 4 million rewards points I decided to click purchase and follow the directions.  I will say this it worked exactly as it should.  I filled out the form that was sent to me via email, and the next day I received a phone call exactly as it stated I would.  I submitted my form on Tuesday 5/31/22 and cruise was booked 6/1/22.  I received a phone call from MSC Cruise Concierge department.  The call came up on my phone as spam likely so I did not answer it.  After listening to the voice mail I returned the call to the number that was left.  They do not answer this number but leave a message and they will call you back.  Now the discount you receive is on whatever you book.  We booked a Premium Suite Aurea Deck 9-15.  The discount was for my cabin only as the person with the rewards needs to be sailing in the cabin.  We saved over $800.00 for this cabin.  I was originally looking for just a balcony room with the Aurea experience, as we do not like to have a set dining time, but they were all booked up with that experience so up one level to a suite not in the YC.  And being the nice older brother that I am I split the discount with my sister so we are both happy.  I have a little reservations with the room but oh well we are on a cruise so we will enjoy.  I wanted to cover the MyVegas Rewards for anybody wondering if it works.  Also we forgot to add the trip insurance and I called left a message and the same person called me back the next day and added it no problem.  It was a very easy process and the Cruise Concierge was very nice and knowledgeable.  

Now to the important part we will be sailing on the MSC Seashore leaving 8/27/22 and returning 9/3/22.  We have the Easy Plus Drink Package and the Internet for 2 devices, but this being this is my first time on MSC was wondering a few things.  1.  With the Aurea level it says there is priority boarding, is there a separate area for guest with this experience and can we arrive prior to our booking window which is 1:00 PM?  2.  Do we have to make reservations each night for dinner or can we just show up to our assigned restaurant anytime during Dinner Service?  3.  Are we allowed to bring bottled water on board?  DW is a little spoiled with what type of water, not a deal breaker just wondering?  4. DS is Vegan, are there enough food options and are the staff willing to make other things to accommodate her?  Do they have other vegan options like Beyond Meat or other brands to accommodate people that are vegan?  She is very easy and I am sure she will always find something just wondering.  

We have about 80 days left before we sail so I am sure other questions will arise and I will continue to add things to this post as we get closer.  I am not sure if I will do a live or semi live review but will for sure do a complete review after we get back.  I am a review-a-holic, but only for information.  I have never not taken a cruise because someone else had a bad experience.  Food being the most subjective, I will post my opinions but they are just that my opinions.  I hope this helps some people when looking to book a cruise.  I know I have welcomed all the information I have received over the years from other CC posters so I figured it was time to give back.  

Feel free to ask any questions and I as book other things on this cruise or if there is anything anybody wants to know ask away.  Keep in mind we are just under 3 months away so posts from me will be sporadic until we get closer.  

Thanks for indulging me and my ramblings looking forward to the answers and feed back.  Below is a pick of the email I received after I clicked purchase for the rewards and filled out the basic information on the app.

Rewards.pdf

• Like 3

Just received my upgrade email, and since traveling with others we will not be bidding this time.  Also with the price we paid and the prices they are offering not sure it is a great deal.  Upgrade to YC Deluxe Grand Suite starts at $765 PP and maximum is $1280 PP.  A good bid is $930 PP and a strong bid starts at $1030 PP.  For the YC Deluxe Suite starts at $530 PP and maximum is $1055 PP a good bid starts at $730 PP and a strong bid $845 PP.  I would probably try for an upgrade if not traveling with others on more of a budget.  We booked a cabin that we are happy with so there we shall stay.  I will continue to post as more things arise.

• Thanks 1

I was recently on the Meraviglia and they always had one nice vegan option for dinner. The head waiter got to know me and mid way through the sailing he started bringing me off-menu indian dishes as well (very spicy, I believe made for the crew kitchen). Needless to say, I never went hungry!!! We mostly used the buffet for breakfast and lunch, but they the Guy Ferreri place had great veggie burgers. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, casie333 said:

I was recently on the Meraviglia and they always had one nice vegan option for dinner. The head waiter got to know me and mid way through the sailing he started bringing me off-menu indian dishes as well (very spicy, I believe made for the crew kitchen). Needless to say, I never went hungry!!! We mostly used the buffet for breakfast and lunch, but they the Guy Ferreri place had great veggie burgers. 

Thank you for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

I was just quoted today from myvegas  and was told there was $159 each service fee did you have to pay that? I’m very confused.

I did not have to pay any service charge.  The only thing the 30% did not cover were the port charges and taxes, which were $150 per person.  

12 minutes ago, Fishfan0073 said:

I did not have to pay any service charge.  The only thing the 30% did not cover were the port charges and taxes, which were $150 per person.  

That’s what I thought when I could not figure out why my mock booking didn’t match his figures and that’s what he said. I will get this straightened out tomorrow thanks for responding

This was my mistake he was explaining there’s no 30% discount  on the port charges and taxes but I had already told him I knew that so misinterpreted what he said.  Bottom line Booked an inside yacht club for 30% off!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ddlb said:

This was my mistake he was explaining there’s no 30% discount  on the port charges and taxes but I had already told him I knew that so misinterpreted what he said.  Bottom line Booked an inside yacht club for 30% off!!!

Have fun and enjoy the cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are 54 days away from our cruise, but who is counting.  Just thought I would update where we are in getting ready for this cruise.  I am a planner when it comes to vacations, so we have started looking at excursions.  We live in South Florida and the beach is our backyard.  So not looking for to many beach type excursions.  I know this takes a lot of the offering off the table but if anybody has a few suggestions of things they enjoyed that would be great.  We will be in Ocho Rios from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM,  George Town 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and Cozumel 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.  I think we are just going to find a quiet place to relax and maybe do a little snorkeling when we get to Ocean Cay, but the other days are open.  

Also if anybody has any must do's on the ship please let us know we will be sailing on the Seashore 8/27 - 9/3.  

Thanks for the help

After booking thru myVegas, were you able to see your booking on the MSC site?  I have a booking # from myVegas booking, but I keep getting "there is something wrong with your booking number" when I try to look on MSC.  Can't get it either putting it in at the beginning, nor does it come up when I log into my account with MSC (sailed with them before).  I will call them later this week, but just didn't know if it took a while to process before it shows up?  (And we ended up with 4 of us in 1 YC cabin, so it may be that I have given the system a headache.)

7 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

After booking thru myVegas, were you able to see your booking on the MSC site?  I have a booking # from myVegas booking, but I keep getting "there is something wrong with your booking number" when I try to look on MSC.  Can't get it either putting it in at the beginning, nor does it come up when I log into my account with MSC (sailed with them before).  I will call them later this week, but just didn't know if it took a while to process before it shows up?  (And we ended up with 4 of us in 1 YC cabin, so it may be that I have given the system a headache.)

Yes. What I had to do was go on the MSC website and add the booking number. Normally you can enter the booking number when you sign in. That didn’t work so I signed in with my email address on the right side (hard to explain) but there is an option to add the booking number and I had to do that. If you got a confirmation booking it Will add it and then you can see your booking hope this helps!

Following!  We are on this ship in late October. 108 days to go. Am eager for your review as it will be our first MSC experience. We’ve booked the yacht club so probably won’t be bidding on an upgrade. 

question:  are you going to do the status match?  I looked at the Voyager Club tiers and rewards but didn’t see much that excited me. Perhaps I’ve missed something and others can chime in on the perks. 

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Following!  We are on this ship in late October. 108 days to go. Am eager for your review as it will be our first MSC experience. We’ve booked the yacht club so probably won’t be bidding on an upgrade. 

question:  are you going to do the status match?  I looked at the Voyager Club tiers and rewards but didn’t see much that excited me. Perhaps I’ve missed something and others can chime in on the perks. 

We have been cruise nomads, cruising on several different lines throughout the years and do not have status on any line.  So i guess the short answer is no.  LOL

• Like 1

My experience with MSC and MV was great as well.   Booked on the 8/6 Seashore sailing which was a 'free' booking for more MV points than the 30% discount reward on other cruises.   Only had to pay the $150pp taxes/fees as was made known upfront.

A couple of really great surprises:

• When I called the number in the emailed certificate, I immediately got a hold of a rep that walked me through the entire booking (no waiting on hold for a long time)
  • The booking was good for a Fantastica balcony -- I was expecting to receive an Interior Bella (aka cheapest booking available)

MSC landside customer support has impressed me thus far.   It'll be interesting to see how the shipboard experience goes.

We have cruised on MSC 4 times already but the last one was back in 2014 - we really liked the experiences but noting that the it seem to deteriorate as time went on while were adjusting for the USA market (which, I know is ironic).   The earlier cruises seemed to have a bit better food and service than the later ones, albeit it was still very good.

Edited by TickledBlue

Has anyone ever done the Green Grotto Caves in Jamaica.  Being from South Florida we always look for interesting things that are not the beach, and this is one that caught my eye.  If anybody has any feedback on a trip to the caves that would be great. 

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Are they still doing 5% off the price of the cruise (for any level). ??

1 hour ago, Fishfan0073 said:

Has anyone ever done the Green Grotto Caves in Jamaica.  Being from South Florida we always look for interesting things that are not the beach, and this is one that caught my eye.  If anybody has any feedback on a trip to the caves that would be great. 

We did the Green Grotto Caves in Jamaica in March 2022.  We really enjoyed the tour.  It was very interesting and informative.

23 hours ago, mafig said:

Are they still doing 5% off the price of the cruise (for any level). ??

Yes, I believe so as it is still listed as a perk on their website.  But I'm not sure how this would work.  So if I get a status match but I've already made final payment, with they give me 5% in an OBC? or refund?  Either way it would amount to approximately $250, which is nice...if that's how it works.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:08 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I matched Disney > Diamond. Disney is not known for great perks, either (they do not even have any % off offers on cruise fares).

A free specialty dining meal is enough for me to get the status.  Butcher’s Cut on Seashore last December had one of the best filet dinners I have had in my life.  

On 7/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Fishfan0073 said:

Also if anybody has any must do's on the ship please let us know we will be sailing on the Seashore 8/27 - 9/3.  

Thanks for the help

If the “dueling pianos” are on, playing in Times Square, they do a nice job of working through the music of the decades. Three different shows each night they are playing. It lasts about 45 minutes. Some decades or songs are better than others, but they do put on a show.  

• Like 1