transfering booking question

CruzCra-Z

I've always booked my own cruises online. I love the research and comparison part of planning a trip.  This will be my first trip on NCL and someone to me that I should consider transferring my booking to a travel agent. I'm not asking for any recommendation, I know that's not allowed and I have someone in mind. I'm just curious to hear from someone who's done it.  Did you think it was beneficial and worth it?  Thanks

For starters, you have 30 days to transfer a reservation.  There is a form that you have to send to NCL.

Once transferred, you will need to deal with the TA from that point forward.  The TA will have to call NCL on your behalf for any changes to your reservation, although I believe you can still book your own excursions.  So it depends on the TA if it's a good choice.  Are the perks/additional services worth having a 3rd person involved?  Is your TA available at times that are convenient for you?

25 minutes ago, julig22 said:

For starters, you have 30 days to transfer a reservation.  There is a form that you have to send to NCL.

Once transferred, you will need to deal with the TA from that point forward.  The TA will have to call NCL on your behalf for any changes to your reservation, although I believe you can still book your own excursions.  So it depends on the TA if it's a good choice.  Are the perks/additional services worth having a 3rd person involved?  Is your TA available at times that are convenient for you?

Yes, you'll still be able to book your own excursions and purchase things, you'll just need to contact your TA for any reservation changes, adding flights etc.  If you have a problem that needs resolved by NCL you'll spend 10 minutes on the phone talking with your TA instead of 2 hours on hold with NCL.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, julig22 said:

I believe you now only have 14 days to transfer.  This according to the transfer form on NCL site.

I just created a new post about this in this forum.

• Like 1

I usually book direct with my TA. But over the Memorial Day weekend she was gone and I had a cruise I wanted to book so I booked it direct with the cruise line (RCCL) and gave her my reservation number when she got back and she took care of transferring. Not really sure how NCL does it.