Is a CVS/Walgreens drive-thru COVID Antigen/PCR test "medically observed"?

sawston123

Have an upcoming Princess Alaska cruisetour starting on land in Fairbanks on a Saturday and trying to determine if I can take care of the testing at one of these pharmacies or if I should go with the one of the at-home medically observed antigen tests? As I understand it, for a tour that starts on Sat I could do a PCR test as early as Wed or an antigen test on Thurs/Fri. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jersey42 said:

The drive through Walgreens and CVS tests are fine.  We have used Walgreens rapid NAAT test (ID NOW) on several cruises.  But any of these drive-thru tests are "medically observed".

Side note... I did the rapid antigen test with CVS back in October.  This was NOT a drive-thru; the employee (I don't know her proper title, sorry) watched me as I acquired the sample myself.  This was clearly "medically observed" by anyone's definition.

• Like 1

We were tested at an old CVS store not in use any loner and the person administering the test wasn't really checking each individual that closely. She was checking 5 people at once & didn't know who did it accurately. 

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Side note... I did the rapid antigen test with CVS back in October.  This was NOT a drive-thru; the employee (I don't know her proper title, sorry) watched me as I acquired the sample myself.  This was clearly "medically observed" by anyone's definition.

CVS site state you receive your test result before leaving the Minute Clinic  Did you receive yours before leaving the clinic?

2 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

CVS site state you receive your test result before leaving the Minute Clinic  Did you receive yours before leaving the clinic?

I did not.  They didn't promise me that at the time.  They said I would get results by e-mail within a few hours.  It actually took about 40 minutes from the time I left to get my results, which was fine with me.

13 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I did not.  They didn't promise me that at the time.  They said I would get results by e-mail within a few hours.  It actually took about 40 minutes from the time I left to get my results, which was fine with me.

Same with ours. It was sent by email a little while later.