Question regarding "Free at sea"-promotion and dining

K3nn7

Hi there!

Considering my first cruise with NCL, and i have a question regarding the "Free at sea"-promotion. There is a speciality dining package included, but i wonder how many times during my cruise i can actually use this? Can i dine in speciality restaurants for my entire cruise, or is it only a certain number of days?

Thanks in advance 🙂

19 minutes ago, K3nn7 said:

Hi there!

Considering my first cruise with NCL, and i have a question regarding the "Free at sea"-promotion. There is a speciality dining package included, but i wonder how many times during my cruise i can actually use this? Can i dine in speciality restaurants for my entire cruise, or is it only a certain number of days?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Pro tip:   Click on the promo on NCL.com.    On the next page scroll all the way down to the "Terms and Conditions" link.   That will tell you all the info you need for all of the promotion offers. The offers are not always the same as previous similar promos.   🙂

15 minutes ago, K3nn7 said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance 🙂

You get 1,2, or 3  nights dining based on cabin choice and length of cruise. 3-6 nights, any cabin, gets you one night. 7-11 nights in a studio, inside , or oceanview is good for 1 night; balcony and above 2 nights. On 12 day or longer cruises, studios, insides, and oceanviews get 2 nights; everything above and including balconies receive 3 nights.

You used to get more nights in each category, but "specialtydiningflation" hit NCL a while back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Forgot to mention you could always buy an additional Specialty Dining Package, for as many meals as you desired.

And you can get two meals as an upgrade at a significant discount (about 1/3 off)

On 6/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, KeithJenner said:

And you can get two meals as an upgrade at a significant discount (about 1/3 off)

Question... if you buy the 2 meal upgrade, is it for that person only? Like I want one more meal, but 2 would cover my husband and myself. If that makes sense. I have kids and could I use their meals? Or are they connected to the actual guest vs room. I seriously have been looking for this answer. I was told our 9 year old would eat for free and to not worry about the 5th person (we are in 2 rooms lol) Thanks! New to this line!

44 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

Question... if you buy the 2 meal upgrade, is it for that person only? Like I want one more meal, but 2 would cover my husband and myself

No, it's tied to the card of the person for who it was purchased.

8 hours ago, Katwoman007 said:

Question... if you buy the 2 meal upgrade, is it for that person only? Like I want one more meal, but 2 would cover my husband and myself. If that makes sense. I have kids and could I use their meals? Or are they connected to the actual guest vs room. I seriously have been looking for this answer. I was told our 9 year old would eat for free and to not worry about the 5th person (we are in 2 rooms lol) Thanks! New to this line!

As already mentioned, they are tied to the individual, so can’t be shared (although I’m sure someone will be along soon to say that they could - things happen).

Also, just be aware that the 9 year old eating free would be off the kids menu. We have been buying credits for our son since around that age as he enjoys a lot of the main menu items. Obviously you know what your kid likes.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

You get 1,2, or 3  nights dining based on cabin choice and length of cruise. 3-6 nights, any cabin, gets you one night. 7-11 nights in a studio, inside , or oceanview is good for 1 night; balcony and above 2 nights. On 12 day or longer cruises, studios, insides, and oceanviews get 2 nights; everything above and including balconies receive 3 nights.

You used to get more nights in each category, but "specialtydiningflation" hit NCL a while back.

Good explanation, but our twelve night shows that balconies only get 2 nights. You are right about specialty dining inflation!

Sail Length # Of Dining
Package Meals
Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-6 Nights 1 Meal / Any Stateroom $50.00 per person $10.00 per package
7-11 Nights 1 Meal / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $50.00 per person $10.00 per package
7-11 Nights 2 Meals / Balcony & Above $89.00 per person $17.80 per package
12+ Nights 2 Meals / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $89.00 per person $17.80 per package
12+ Nights 3 Meals / Balcony & Above $119.00 per person $23.80 per package

Here's a direct link: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

29 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Good explanation, but our twelve night shows that balconies only get 2 nights. You are right about specialty dining inflation!

Thank you. If you go to NCLs terms and conditions for the free at sea program, and then go to specialty dining, it states ( as of five minutes ago) that balconies on twelve day or longer cruises receive three nights of free dining.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the late reply, but again thanks everybody!

Now booked for the Epic transatlantic in april next year, and there are indeed two speciality meals included in the package i currently have. I'm probably gonna go for the Free At Sea Plus, so i get the upgraded drinks package (REAL Champagne and good whisky!), unlimited WiFi and an additional 2 specialty meals 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Pending on origin booking only one device WiFi....we had that actually....enclosed Whiskey menue from Bliss....

20221216_151148.jpg

Thanks Markus! Is there a cash limit as to what is included in the plus package?