My COVID test kits had babies! Anybody need any by 8/26/22?

pcur

The Feds messed up my first request, so 3 weeks later I asked again.  Well, first was one month, and second was the next month, so they sent them BOTH!  I now have 17 test kits that expire 8/9, 8/13, and 8/26.

Contact my board name with an ri added on, at that yahoo place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

They don’t expire in August. Check manufacturer site for new expiration dates. They are extending them 3 months at a time based on new data supplied by the manufacturer.  Don’t throw them away. 

Thank you for the information.  I will still have way too many.

So, they now expire Nov 9, 13, and 26th.  Offer is still open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

The Feds messed up my first request, so 3 weeks later I asked again.  Well, first was one month, and second was the next month, so they sent them BOTH!  I now have 17 test kits that expire 8/9, 8/13, and 8/26.

Contact my board name with an ri added on, at that yahoo place.

So very nice of you for this generous offer to share your bounty.  I also have been waiting for my allotment the past month. Was going to put in another request but based on your experience will hold off another week. Hopefully will get them before my July cruise

10 hours ago, cruising sister said:

They don’t expire in August. Check manufacturer site for new expiration dates. They are extending them 3 months at a time based on new data supplied by the manufacturer.  Don’t throw them away. 

WRONG!!!!!

The three month extension were for kits produced in or around the first three months of 2021. When the extension was granted in April of 2021. the three months were for kits already in the pipeline for distribution.  By the end of January/beginning of February 2022, those kits with the extension had expired.

The expiration date on the OP's kits are the correct date. 

4 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

WRONG!!!!!

The three month extension were for kits produced in or around the first three months of 2021. When the extension was granted in April of 2021. the three months were for kits already in the pipeline for distribution.  By the end of January/beginning of February 2022, those kits with the extension had expired.

Sorry but it's YOU that are wrong  the government IHealth kits HAVE been extended

Expiration Date Extension

Mar 28, 2022

On Mar 29, 2022, the FDA granted a three-month shelf-life extension for the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, which extended the shelf-life of all iHealth tests with expiration dates on or before 2022-09-29 (YYYY-MM-DD) from 6 months to 9 months. For example, if the expiration date printed on your box says 2022-07-21 (YYYY-MM-DD), the updated expiration date is 2022-10-20 (YYYY-MM-DD). We will continue to apply to FDA for shelf-life extensions every three months based on our stability studies, and the new shelf-lives for our tests will

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's nice of you. But if you are just using them for at home testing, it doesn't even matter if they are expired. They don't suddenly, "Go bad". :classic_biggrin:

Yeah, 

but even with the extension to November, no way will I use 17 by the end of Nov. Plus, I have a BinaxNOW expiring in Dec.

If no takers here, I'll take some dow

n to the "giveaway room" here, better known as "the mailroom". It's like a mini-food bank and free thrift store rolled into one.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

WRONG!!!!!

Not true. Each manufacturer continues to apply for extensions. You need to keep checking with the manufacturer to know to be sure. My kits have had 2 extensions. The ones I just received from the government had extensions to November.  

49 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sorry but it's YOU that are wrong  the government IHealth kits HAVE been extended

Expiration Date Extension

Mar 28, 2022

On Mar 29, 2022, the FDA granted a three-month shelf-life extension for the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, which extended the shelf-life of all iHealth tests with expiration dates on or before 2022-09-29 (YYYY-MM-DD) from 6 months to 9 months. For example, if the expiration date printed on your box says 2022-07-21 (YYYY-MM-DD), the updated expiration date is 2022-10-20 (YYYY-MM-DD). We will continue to apply to FDA for shelf-life extensions every three months based on our stability studies, and the new shelf-lives for our tests will

The govt sends out varying brands.  Did the OP state the company name?

20 minutes ago, topnole said:

Everyone that I know received the Ihealth or Binax Now which has also been extended.  

As of April 28, the following brands have been given an extended shelf life, which you means you should look up the new expiration dates by clicking on this link

• All BinaxNOW products 
  • CareStart
  • Flowflex
  • Detect
  • iHealth
  • InBios SCoV-2 Ag Detect 
Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Everyone that I know received the Ihealth or Binax Now which has also been extended.  

As of April 28, the following brands have been given an extended shelf life, which you means you should look up the new expiration dates by clicking on this link

• All BinaxNOW products 
  • CareStart
  • Flowflex
  • Detect
  • iHealth
  • InBios SCoV-2 Ag Detect 

I got I health.  I know people who got other brands that weren’t that or Binax.  

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Yeah, 

but even with the extension to November, no way will I use 17 by the end of Nov. Plus, I have a BinaxNOW expiring in Dec.

If no takers here, I'll take some dow

n to the "giveaway room" here, better known as "the mailroom". It's like a mini-food bank and free thrift store rolled into one.

Are they the tests that are supervised by someone online and accepted by the cruise line?  We just booked for 7/4 they’re still available!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topnole said:

Yes, I looked them up.  They are extended, but they are also going to someone who needs them as back-ups during August.  It's all good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2inpink said:

Are they the tests that are supervised by someone online and accepted by the cruise line?  We just booked for 7/4 they’re still available!

Sorry, someone emailed me already.