Live from the Mardi Gras 6/25, is the third time the charm

jimbo5544

8 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Thanks for all the MG info and pix, we are on the MG this December (corner suite) and 2023 in HC balcony.  Looks like a blast (having the HC area pool to ourselves would be awesome!) and we are excited to get on MG.  We are definitely fans of the bigger, newer ships and looking to book Celebration in the next year (so will be gathering info on that ship as well).  

Thanks for following along.  You will love it.  Check out my review from January for pics.

10 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

So were you happy with Goport for your transportation?  

We used Goport because we had a group of 15 cabins, some flying into MCO late.  That made the decision easy to stay near the air[port and together travel over in the morning.  Thankfully, our weather delays added to why this was a wise choice.  

So we used them for a stay and sail (and return at end of cruise).  We had never used them before and heard both good and bad things.  The only thing we had a problem was with when we booked the rooms back in March, the email said we had a time of 9:30 to depart for the ship on the morning.  When we checked in at the Hotel, they said the time the bus came was 11 (turned out to be true) and that changed back in April.  We called the help number and she said emails went out at the end of March (nobody got one).  We were disappointed in the late time and where it would put us oon the embark process (we were right).  

That said the return to MCO was fine.  Would we use them again?………maybe.  Price was right, good choice of hotels, crappy bus time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, angielawton said:

Does anyone know if the walls and ceiling on Mardi Gras are metal?

Thanks in advance!

I assume you mean for use with Magnets, sorry I do not know.  I do know the doors are, assume the wals would be also.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 10:54 PM, angielawton said:

Does anyone know if the walls and ceiling on Mardi Gras are metal?

Thanks in advance!

I sailed the MG the first week of June.  And yes the walls in the room were metal.  We brought magnetic hooks and they worked great for hanging stuff up.  I cant answer on the ceiling though :-)

On 7/5/2022 at 8:58 AM, crewsweeper said:

Great review Jimbo5544.   We're heading back on board in January for an Eastern in a Cove balcony. Can't wait.  

Thanks for following along!  Enjoy your cruise!

On 7/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Another question we had to answer was about the Havana area.  We are BIG fans of this area, BIG fans.  While we had seen online, and later when we did the TA event on the ship, I. Was openly disappointed in this area for several reasons.  The biggest being the size of the pool, and also the placement of the rooms.  

We still LOVED it.  The pool was never over crowded, ion fact, for large portions of the day, we had the pool area to ourselves.  The bar area is still fun and convenient.  The rooms are more narrow (like the rest of the balcony rooms), but we still very much enjoyed them.  If I had a gripe it was that the life rafts were beneath us.  Small gripe.,  I am HAPPY to say the Havana area is alive and well.  LOVED IT

I am trying to decide between the Horizon havana area vs mardi gras for a graduation cruise with a 17 and 16 year old. any thoughts?

17 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

I am trying to decide between the Horizon havana area vs mardi gras for a graduation cruise with a 17 and 16 year old. any thoughts?

I always thought minors weren't allowed in the Havana area.  Maybe I'm wrong and the age limit is 12. 

Edited by Deathloks

On 7/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, jimbo5544 said:

So there were three ships in total.  I have great video of transferring to CG launch taken from HC pool but too big to load without editing.    There was also a CG jet that circled.   Happy to answer any questions.  

OMG look at all the rust on that ship!!!🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, angiem0217 said:

My first thought is that you cannot go wrong with whatever choice you make.  If you are making the decision specifically on the the two Havana areas, then I would choose the Horizon.  The MG Havana area exceeded expectations, but that bar was set pretty low when I saw (pre cruise and when I toured the area when we were on the mG before she did her first sailing).  That said we loved it, just not as much as we did for the Havana area on Vista and Horizon (Panorama as well, just never sailer her).

If on the other hand you are taking the entire ship into consideration, the MG wins hands down.  There are so many differences this ship has in many areas, it is a def must do.  I can elaborate if you want.

Edited by jimbo5544

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

My first thought is that you cannot go wrong with whatever choice you make.  If you are making the decision specifically on the the two Havana areas, then I would choose the Horizon.  The MG Havana area exceeded expectations, but that bar was set pretty low when I saw (pre cruise and when I toured the area when we were on the mG before she did her first sailing).  That said we loved it, just not as much as we did for the Havana area on Vista and Horizon (Panorama as well, just never sailer her).

If on the other hand you are taking the entire ship into consideration, the MG wins hands down.  There are so many differences this ship has in many areas, it is a def must do.  I can elaborate if you want.

I would like to know your opinion on what ship the teens would like since it is a senior trip. I am leaning towards the MG because I feel like they would like it more. 

12 hours ago, angiem0217 said:

I would like to know your opinion on what ship the teens would like since it is a senior trip. I am leaning towards the MG because I feel like they would like it more. 

Totally agree, there is more to do, such sa Bolt, a ropes course with a zip line, full basketball court, many more music venues, lots of different food choices teens would enjoy and lots more places to hang out.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Next up for is October on the Pride for a Greece cruise.

Will you be writing a review of this cruise?  DH and I are on the Oct 18, 2023 out of Rome and I'm looking forward to the ports!  Thanks for writing this review.  MG is awesome!

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Will you be writing a review of this cruise?  DH and I are on the Oct 18, 2023 out of Rome and I'm looking forward to the ports!  Thanks for writing this review.  MG is awesome!

Most def will be doing a live review (as long as wifi permits)

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mdin said:

Great review, thanks for posting! I'll be sailing in the MG early March 2023 with the same itinerary. Looking forward to it. 

Thanks for the kind words, you will have a great cruise.