I am stressing out over finding a hotel in Seattle

DonnaK

We are staying in Seattle for one night pre-cruise.  I was considering staying near the Space Needle.  Homewood Suites is sold out, and Mediterranean Inn only has rooms with one full or one queen bed, and we need at least a king or two double beds, so those are out.   Hyatt House reviews run from wonderful to horrible, so it's hard to commit to it.    Any other ideas?  Is Hyatt Place good?

We are also considering hotels near the Westlake monorail station in downtown.  Any suggestions???

Please help relieve my stress and help me sort through all the options and information. I would like to book something soon. The longer I wait, the fewer options are available.  We want something clean, safe, and not too much walking.

Edited by DonnaK

@runner2013, looks like the OP will be sailing from Pier 91 on the Ovation in August.

@DonnaK, hotels around Westlake Center would include, the Mayflower, The Westin, and the Sheridan.  All these hotels are in a great location for walking.   These hotels would be on the pricier side, but you didn't mention if cost was an issue.

40 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@runner2013, looks like the OP will be sailing from Pier 91 on the Ovation in August.

@DonnaK, hotels around Westlake Center would include, the Mayflower, The Westin, and the Sheridan.  All these hotels are in a great location for walking.   These hotels would be on the pricier side, but you didn't mention if cost was an issue.

For one night, cost isn't the main consideration - we just want a nice hotel in a good location for seeing the city in a short amount of time.

I am not as concerned about being near the pier, as we will take a shuttle there.

2 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

For one night, cost isn't the main consideration - we just want a nice hotel in a good location for seeing the city in a short amount of time.

Then you might look into the Mayflower, The Westin and the Sheraton in that order.  

All are in walking distance of Westlake Center (light rail), shopping (Nordstrom's), and  Pike Place Market. 

The Mayflower is celebrating it's 94th year.  Their restaurant Andaluca's has excellent service and has a great breakfast.  The bar is a classic, with beautiful corner windows.  Not sure about air conditioning though.  Even if you don't stay at the Mayflower, I recommend it for breakfast and drinks.

https://mayflowerpark.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Ferry_Watcher that the Mayflower is a good hotel in a good area. Another option that will be a bit more $$ is the Inn at the Market. It's across the street from Pike Place Market and about 3 blocks from Westlake with a wonderful rooftop deck.

Edited by Glaciers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Their restaurant Andaluca's has excellent service and has a great breakfast.  The bar is a classic, with beautiful corner windows.  Not sure about air conditioning though.  Even if you don't stay at the Mayflower, I recommend it for breakfast and drinks.

I appreciate learning about this hotel.  Their menus are interesting to read with many of the dishes sounding yummy.  

• Like 1

We have stayed at the Mayflower a number of times.  While we love the hotel be aware that the “standard” rooms are rather small.  After the first time we stayed there up have always upgraded to the larger rooms.  And the restaurant Anduluca is lovey as is the cocktail bar Oliver’s.

Another option for a quick overnight is the Marriott Waterfront.  It is located across the street from Anthony’s at Pier 66 with close proximity to the Seattle Aquarium and Pike Place Market.  They work with a shuttle to provide service to Pier 91.  The cost is $11 per person.

• Thanks 1

I'm not a Seattle expert by any means and others have offered wonderful advice. Just wanted to add we stayed at the Fairmont Olympic last summer and had a wonderful experience. Not sure about location in regard to touring (we'd been to Seattle before so didn't need a tourist location) but easy to get a transfer to the pier the following day.

Whatever you decide, safe travels and enjoy your cruise!

My family is staying at Motif by Hyatt for 2 nights before our cruise next month. It looks to be very conveniently located in the middle of downtown only a block or two from Westlake station.

We leave July 4 and booked the Holliday Inn Lake Union. Two blocks from the space needle. They also have a $10 shuttle to the pier for the cruise. I booked because I had a free night on points but looks to be a good option. We are taking the Ballard Locks tour and it ends near the hotel. 

• 2 weeks later...