Cruise re-pricing?

I need some help from the experts. We've cruised 5x all with RC and in the past (even before covid) I was able to call and re-price a Cruise. Is there a certain cutoff where I'm not allowed to do that? We sail Dec 18 and I saw that the fare has dropped quite a bit since booking so I called C&A to re price. She said that my sailing is not eligible for re price because it was booked after Cruise with confidence ended. Is she right or should I call back to speak with someone else? 

1 minute ago, Kelli0927 said:

I need some help from the experts. We've cruised 5x all with RC and in the past (even before covid) I was able to call and re-price a Cruise. Is there a certain cutoff where I'm not allowed to do that? We sail Dec 18 and I saw that the fare has dropped quite a bit since booking so I called C&A to re price. She said that my sailing is not eligible for re price because it was booked after Cruise with confidence ended. Is she right or should I call back to speak with someone else? 

Call back. This seems to be happening a lot. Re-pricing is alive and well and is different than the Cruise With Confidence deal that expired.

23 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Did you call the Crown and Anchor number? I called about something else and the rep checked to see if the fare had dropped without me even asking.

I did. I called back today and had no problem with repricing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kelli0927 said:

I did. I called back today and had no problem with repricing.

Good to hear. It's sad you have to keep calling until you find a competent phone rep but at least it got settled.

I did the exact same thing with a far less important issue not too long ago. Completely wrong info one day... taken care of properly with no hassle the next day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good to hear. It's sad you have to keep calling until you find a competent phone rep but at least it got settled.

I did the exact same thing with a far less important issue not too long ago. Completely wrong info one day... taken care of properly with no hassle the next day.

The issue is that Royal lost a lot of their reps during the early stages of the Pandemic. It has only been in the last 3-6 months that they have hired huge numbers  of new reps who really are still learning.  They came in and started during Covid and CWC and don't know the pre covid policies.  So much of their training is on the job and learn by experience as opposed to learning and being trained fully prior to starting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shellunderwater said:

So are we back to the old rules of no repricing after final payment?

Those that booked prior to March 31 that sail by Sept 30 can still get price drops after final payment.

Those that booked after March 31 are not covered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1