Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I asked him and his current contract ends Aug 29 and he’ll be back on the Regal 2 months later on Oct 29. 

Drat.  Miss him.  I am guessing he back on OCT 26 unless joining in some odd port.  I suppose anything is possible.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:18 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

When we went by Guest Services earlier today, after a tasty lunch at the International Cafe, we found out there are 2,508 passengers on this leg and 3,358 booked on the next one with around 1,300 crew members.

If possible, could you please check the expected passenger count for the 7 night leg from Athens on July 16th to Barcelona on July 23rd ? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Drat.  Miss him.  I am guessing he back on OCT 26 unless joining in some odd port.  I suppose anything is possible.

Also asked him why the MDR wasn’t open at 5 pm anymore. He said they changed to 5:30 because very few people came at 5 and it just made sense to make the adjustment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, phe8800 said:

If possible, could you please check the expected passenger count for the 7 night leg from Athens on July 16th to Barcelona on July 23rd ? Thanks.

I believe the GS person said the Athens leg is going to be about the same as the next leg, around 3300. But I’ll try to remember to ask them for a better count once we’re on our second leg after Rome. 

48 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Also asked him why the MDR wasn’t open at 5 pm anymore. He said they changed to 5:30 because very few people came at 5 and it just made sense to make the adjustment. 

I think you will fins this is the case on most European cruise As Europeans tend to eat later than North Americans. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, kml246 said:

We love him! Please tell him Nan & Kevin send their best wishes to him and that we will be on board Regal Sept 24. How is his baby doing? You can show him this photo, please. Enjoy your cruise!

Kevin

image.png.3c0b43418a1b7765082ffeda62bd7a12.png

Just showed Luis your picture and he got a big smile on his face 😁 and the baby is doing great! Unfortunately, his contract ends Aug 6 and begins again Oct 8. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

I think you will fins this is the case on most European cruise As Europeans tend to eat later than North Americans. 

You’re probably right. That would also explain why the evening shows in the main theater on our current start are at 8 and 10 and earlier around 7-7:30 on our Panama Canal cruise in May.

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon after we left Gibraltar until around 11 pm, the internet was pretty slow to non-existent at times. But this morning on our sea day heading towards Marseille, it’s pretty good, at least for our needs anyway.

24164BE7-BBB7-4777-8BE5-873E1DE48E62.thumb.jpeg.cbe044625c7522f16b596efde62b85b9.jpeg

Also, if anyone is interested where the Regal is at any particular time, here’s the link to locate it.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Regal-Princess-798

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, phe8800 said:

Update: Just called GS and their estimate right now is between 3400-3500 passengers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

He is both smart and sensible.  I bet he would have an earful to say about DMW!  LOL.

• Like 2

Ken,  what a great review.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures.  When you were in Gibralter; did your tour guide tell you that Elton John performed inside the cavern?

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 10:10 PM, Manderius said:

Also looking at the cabanas in the sanctuary and pricing if you get there.. and where to sign up for one.. again TY Ken been waiting for you to go to follow lol

Sanctuary update: we made it up there again and there are in deed cabanas inside the Sanctuary, but at a higher cost. A full day is $220 for two people or $140 for 1/2 day. With that you get a mini-bar with your choice of beer or wine and a high tea service. You also get the tea service at the cabanas by the Retreat pool, but no mini-bar. 

5C5C3CCB-3EFA-40C1-9774-FA4B2D5BD31C.thumb.jpeg.83a4677cd186f21965dce9558c3bf76a.jpeg

4361C733-7630-4D59-9D53-A25490201925.thumb.jpeg.335f396788ea4f6a98578d8605c8989e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sanctuary update: we made it up there again and there are in deed cabanas inside the Sanctuary, but at a higher cost. A full day is $220 for two people or $140 for 1/2 day. With that you get a mini-bar with your choice of beer or wine and a high tea service. You also get the tea service at the cabanas by the Retreat pool, but no mini-bar. 

5C5C3CCB-3EFA-40C1-9774-FA4B2D5BD31C.thumb.jpeg.83a4677cd186f21965dce9558c3bf76a.jpeg

4361C733-7630-4D59-9D53-A25490201925.thumb.jpeg.335f396788ea4f6a98578d8605c8989e.jpeg

Seems unbelievably expensive, especially if you have the PP package,  as you would get  the drinks for free anyway.

32 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Ken,  what a great review.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures.  When you were in Gibralter; did your tour guide tell you that Elton John performed inside the cavern?

Not that we can recall. He did mention they have shows in the cavern, but nothing specific to Elton John. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Seems unbelievably expensive, especially if you have the PP package,  as you would get  the drinks for free anyway.

Believe it or not the 2 in the picture both had signs of occupants. I have to admit since there are only 2 sea days on this leg and if we were in an inside or OV cabin and booked it with the cruise only fare option, we might consider splurging one day for one of them. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Believe it or not the 2 in the picture both had signs of occupants. I have to admit since there are only 2 sea days on this leg and if we were in an inside or OV cabin and booked it with the cruise only fare option, we might consider splurging one day for one of them. 

That seems sensible,  although I would want to check the weather forecast first !

We had some really strong winds on Regal in June, which made being on deck "interesting!".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That seems sensible,  although I would want to check the weather forecast first !

We had some really strong winds on Regal in June, which made being on deck "interesting!".

The wind and waves, except when we first left Gibraltar yesterday, have been pretty calm so far this cruise.

image.thumb.jpg.39650d70a12c10aea1df207550023569.jpg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The wind and waves, except when we first left Gibraltar yesterday, have been pretty calm so far this cruise.

We had beds being blown over, towels flying everywhere, and, worst of all, drinks being upset !

• Haha 1

Hello Ken. Thank you for the wonderful posts and pics. Will be following for sure. We are doing the exact same 21 night itinerary leaving BCN on Aug 13th.

Not sure if you can answer yet, but have you been advised whether or not you will be required to have a Covid test administered onboard prior to arriving in Athens (i.e. before the last 7 day leg of your cruise)?

Thank you

• Like 2

Just got back from another lecture by Angela Kelly where we learned all about the Vikings and how they spread their influence throughout Russia and the Med besides Northern Europe and the UK.

898727AC-A231-4DEB-9C4B-9ED0EE05C24A.thumb.jpeg.f36fb93aa204053f9dfb0ebdd6853543.jpeg

Now it’s time to find my tie and collared shirt for Dress to Impress evening. 😁

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We had beds being blown over, towels flying everywhere, and, worst of all, drinks being upset !

Sounds like fun! Peaceful sea days can be so “relaxing”. Where’s the fun in that. Throw in some 3-5 meter swells. Now we’re talking! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello Ken. Thank you for the wonderful posts and pics. Will be following for sure. We are doing the exact same 21 night itinerary leaving BCN on Aug 13th.

Not sure if you can answer yet, but have you been advised whether or not you will be required to have a Covid test administered onboard prior to arriving in Athens (i.e. before the last 7 day leg of your cruise)?

Thank you

The word I read from recent CC posts is that testing for B2B cruisers has not been required in the Med for the past few cruises. We’re hoping that continues to be the case. 🤞🤞

But I’m sure we’ll know more once Friday is upon us. Either way I’ll let you know when we hear something definitive. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1