New York City pier

jsiegel

Where does Seabourn dock when embarking or disembarking in New York City?  I'm trying to figure out the most convenient airport for flying out from there.  JFK,  LaGuardia, and Newark N.J. are all options for direct flights out.

Thanks,  Jackie

14 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Where does Seabourn dock when embarking or disembarking in New York City?  I'm trying to figure out the most convenient airport for flying out from there.  JFK,  LaGuardia, and Newark N.J. are all options for direct flights out.

Thanks,  Jackie

I believe we are on the same cruise in October.  We will be docking at the Manhattan terminal.  We are flying our of JFK.  We came in through Newark from Europe in May.  An absolute nightmare!!!  Would avoid that airport at all cost!

34 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

You can't beat Teterboro 

Teterboro airport is great --  However, it is only good if you are flying private- no scheduled flights 

Newark is convenient because ship usually docks around 55th Street fairly close to the tunnel to Newark

I usually fly out of Laguardia because it is the closest to where I live.

20 minutes ago, Lois10028 said:

Teterboro airport is great --  However, it is only good if you are flying private- no scheduled flights 

Newark is convenient because ship usually docks around 55th Street fairly close to the tunnel to Newark

I usually fly out of Laguardia because it is the closest to where I live.

We are on this trip as well. According to Cruisemapper we will be joined at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal by Disney Magic and Norwegian Breakaway

Unfortunately, except for Mr. Luxury, the commercial choices are all not good.  Newark is the closest to the Manhattan cruise terminal, so the cab ride would be the most affordable.  Unfortunately much of the Newark airport is in terrible condition.  LaGuardia is the next closest, but it is constantly under construction and also not in good condition.  JFK is far away and the cab ride is expensive, and when you get there, not at all pleasant.  Maybe you should charter a jet like Mr. Luxury???

Current prices are approximate (I called local taxi service I use) The prices I was given depends on the time of day-   Newark  $69.00   JFK $71  LGA $59.00 PLUS tolls and tip. I also use UBER-- the price is more variable ,  There is a flat rate on NYC taxis from Manhattan to JFK-- not sure about other airports.

The renovations at LGA have greatly improved the airport.  Newark is always a mess- but I have been lucky there-- JFK has forced me to use Luggage Forward because there has been a lack of sky caps and curbside check in.

• Like 1

When we lived in Manhattan, and when we visit now,  we prefer Newark as it’s the closest of those three - if SB is using the Manhattan pier.  If it’s the Brooklyn pier, then LGA and Kennedy are closer.  Most airports these days are nightmares, so for the poster who said Newark was a nightmare, don’t expect anything better at Kennedy or LGA.

Edited by Hobar
Addition