NCL just dropped pre-cruise testing where not locally required

RichYak

6 hours ago, canderson said:

If the US... insist on testing for all cruises touching their ports

Is touching US ports the threshold for CDC compliance? I assumed it was sailings originating in the US.

25 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Is touching US ports the threshold for CDC compliance? I assumed it was sailings originating in the US.

The last time a cruise touching a U.S. port didn't originate out of North America were empty (no-Pax) TAs in 2021.  Yeah, we got cancelled twice - ugh.  I believe this Fall will provide the 'test cases' for the first cruises from 'no-test' countries since the shutdown.

This is excellent news, only a short matter of time now before Royal joins them you would imagine. The first mover of the mass market lines was always going to trigger a domino effect.

Edited by Ronin23
  • Like 2

I’m not sure with BA.5 virus out there this is the best course of action. Article in Fortune two days ago noted this Covid variation as the most transmissible and vaccine evasive one yet. It just went over in the US 50% of cases rather quickly. How does eliminating the 2 day test help limiting on board infections as isolation is still in effect among other ramifications?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I’m not sure with BA.5 virus out there this is the best course of action. Article in Fortune two days ago noted this Covid variation as the most transmissible and vaccine evasive one yet. It just went over in the US 50% of cases rather quickly. How does eliminating the 2 day test help limiting on board infections as isolation is still in effect among other ramifications?

Case numbers irrelevant, clearly those that know best realise it’s simply not that dangerous otherwise they would take a different course of action.

Edited by Ronin23
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ronin23 said:

Case numbers irrelevant, clearly those that know best realise it’s simply not that dangerous otherwise they would take a different course of action.

There will always be the alarmists among us. 
The Chicken Little syndrome. 🐥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1