Anyone get Reimbursed for Quarantined outside of US when testing positive in accordance to Cruise with Confidence Policy?

I've gone through the process and received the automatic email re: refunds (note it didn't specify the reimbursement policy).  Just curious if anyone has been successful in their request for reimbursement when testing positive on the cruise.

I have submitted my receipts and also received the automated email but have not received any reimbursement yet.  The letter said it is taking around 30 days and I will be 30 days tomorrow.  My cruise was out of Seattle and I quarantined on the ship and in Seattle.

They are supposed to reimburse $250/day for hotel and $100/day for food.  Some letters also say up to $400 for flight change fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have submitted my receipts and also received the automated email but have not received any reimbursement yet.  The letter said it is taking around 30 days and I will be 30 days tomorrow.  My cruise was out of Seattle and I quarantined on the ship and in Seattle.

They are supposed to reimburse $250/day for hotel and $100/day for food.  Some letters also say up to $400 for flight change fees.

Funny how easy it is giving Royal Money but how difficult it is for them to give  money back. Why is that?

I thought you had received some back earlier and was just awaiting the rest of it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Funny how easy it is giving Royal Money but how difficult it is for them to give  money back. Why is that?

I thought you had received some back earlier and was just awaiting the rest of it?

I received my prorated cruise fare back.  I am waiting on my hotel and food costs.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I received my prorated cruise fare back.  I am waiting on my hotel and food costs.  

Yeah, they are going to make you wait, wait and wait for that. You are going to need to call a few more dozen times to see that I believe.

That is probably much more then your prorated cruise fare you received.

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah, they are going to make you wait, wait and wait for that. You are going to need to call a few more dozen times to see that I believe.

I haven't called at all.  I received a letter on the ship and sent my receipts to the email address provided.  

• Like 1

Followup- Called the cust service number after getting some cryptic emails about not being able to open attachments in the email I sent . This was after waiting 30 days after sending initial email, and then, emailing again for a status after the 30 days.

When I responded with receipts attached again yesterday, I received the same automated email response, minus the reps name.  First automated email said “hi, this is Jane Doe, your representative for this inquiry”; 2nd automated email said, “ Hi, this is , your representative for this inquiry”. ::eyeroll::

Decided to call and after a few transfers, hours on hold, and disconnections…spanning into this morning, I finally got to speak to someone who took my credit card # for reimbursement.  I’ll document the relevant details. 

1.  Physical receipts required, SOL for the hotels and restaurants where i forgot to get it or lost it. (wonder why people ABHOR big business & Corporate America)

2.  Call support #: select 6 for Post Cruise questions (Then when a human quickly answers within 30 sec to 1 minute, ask to be transferred to Post Cruise department ::eyeroll::). Now wait online for at least 40 minutes; Yesterday I waited for an hour.

3 Provide number to get call back incase of disconnection

4. Have booking number, sail date available 

5.  Have email address used to send receipts to rccl.

6. Have cc# used for booking cruise - said it was preferred but apparently not required???

7.  Rep said card should reflect credit back in 5 to 7 days

8.  No email sent with confirmation of what was done but the rep seemed very knowledgeable, experienced, and quickly handled the request. If I had to guess, I would say this credit will happen as she mentioned. but you never know.

9. Lastly, The rep found the emails I sent and opened the images of the receipt while I was on the phone with her. She also itemized them and gave me the amount she could credit. She also put me on hold to get the credit approved.  Didn’t appear to check the $250/day hotel ; $150/day food allowance but I don’t think I went over that amount.

Will reply back when (if) I get the credit.

So yeah, hoops they make you jump through the hoops!  Corporate America (Global big business) is just so sad….why do we have to treat human beings this way!

Alas, I may be getting a subset of what I am owed based on their “promise” to cruise with confidence during a global pandemic! Shame on Big business! Shame!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I haven't called at all.  I received a letter on the ship and sent my receipts to the email address provided.  

I think you should consider calling. The list of people they owe money to is getting longer and longer, longer you wait the more people that get in front of you.

I called on June 14 and followed the same procedure as you mentioned above.  I received my refund in two credits.  The first was on June 29 for the food and the second on July 7 for the hotel.  Obviously it took longer than the  5-7 days promised, but I'm just happy I got it.

Update:  I received a call today about the receipts that I submitted.  The rep handling my claim noticed the different credit cards that were used and wanted to verify how I wanted my reimbursement processed as they typically charge to the credit card on file.  I verified that would be perfect and she told me I will receive reimbursement for all receipts submitted within 5 to 7 days. She said to expect multiple credits as each will be handled separately.  

• Like 3

Three out of four of us tested positive on our Alaska cruise in the first week of May. It's been 64 days and still no sign of a refund and no-one is replying to emails. How long are you typically waiting for pro-rated refunds? We are getting refunded for the days we missed, not for hotel expenses since we isolated at home.

18 minutes ago, Ciren219 said:

Three out of four of us tested positive on our Alaska cruise in the first week of May. It's been 64 days and still no sign of a refund and no-one is replying to emails. How long are you typically waiting for pro-rated refunds? We are getting refunded for the days we missed, not for hotel expenses since we isolated at home.

I strongly recommend you call for status as most people that received refunds for the pro-rated portion of their cruise fare have received that credit within a couple of weeks, at most.     

21 minutes ago, Ciren219 said:

We disembarked Quantum on May 23rd and my prorated refund was posted to my credit card on June 24th.  I received an email stating my refund was being processed three weeks after we disembarked.  I did not call or email about the pro rated cruise fare, they initiated the process.