Public transport to Crystal Caves

jmcross

19 minutes ago, jmcross said:

Anyone know the easiest way from the Dockyard?

Thanks!

It's on their website:

https://caves.bm/your-visit/

Tips for Planning Your Visit to the Crystal & Fantasy Caves

The Crystal & Fantasy Caves are in Hamilton Parish in the eastern end of Bermuda. They are ten minutes journey by bus from the Town of St. George and 30 minutes by bus from the City of Hamilton.

The Royal Naval Dockyard cruise ship port is located at the west end of the island. To reach the caves from the Royal Naval Dockyard the options are:

• Ferry from Dockyard to the City of Hamilton, then take bus route 1, 3, 10 or 11 to St. George’s and disembark at the Crystal Caves bus stop. Estimate one hour of travel.
  • Ferry from Dockyard to St. George’s (summer months only, when ships are in port), then take bus route 1, 3, 10 or 11 to the City of Hamilton and disembark at the Crystal Caves bus stop. Estimate one hour of travel.
  • Like 2

A couple of additional options when you are out at the Caves: lunch at the Swizzle Inn, also a visit to the Aquarium.  (The latter is small but very well done.  And a particularly good stop if you have a rainy day.) 

On 7/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, Turtles06 said:

A couple of additional options when you are out at the Caves: lunch at the Swizzle Inn, also a visit to the Aquarium.  (The latter is small but very well done.  And a particularly good stop if you have a rainy day.) 

The aquarium is close to the caves? 

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

The aquarium is close to the caves? 

Laura

Close enough that you can take the same bus route and not be that far away.  Just get back on the bus.  (And you can also have lunch at the Swizzle Inn.) The article at the first link below tells you how to do it. The second link is a tourist map; you’ll see the Aquarium at 26 and the Caves at 29. 

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000080.htm

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000001.htm

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you have ever been to any caves in the US, you will be very disappointed in Chrystal Caves. The “tour” only lasts about 20 min. It takes longer to walk in than the tour itself. 
We did the “tour “ in June and wished we had spent the time and money elsewhere. 
note….the buses are cheap, but they stop constantly to pick up riders, so it takes twice as long to get anywhere. If you only have a full day or two, think about how you really want to spend your time. We have another cruise to Bermuda booked and will know better what we want to see and do. 

39 minutes ago, Twinsplus1 said:

Does anyone know if you can walk from the caves and swizzle inn to the blue hole park? How far is it?

You can. Blue Hole is nearby. It was years ago that I did it but it didn't seem far. I don't know about now as things do change but there were small directional signs back then. 

On 7/24/2022 at 3:46 PM, Graciesmom2 said:

If you have ever been to any caves in the US, you will be very disappointed in Chrystal Caves. The “tour” only lasts about 20 min. It takes longer to walk in than the tour itself. 
We did the “tour “ in June and wished we had spent the time and money elsewhere. 
note….the buses are cheap, but they stop constantly to pick up riders, so it takes twice as long to get anywhere. If you only have a full day or two, think about how you really want to spend your time. We have another cruise to Bermuda booked and will know better what we want to see and do. 

I have done a few caves in US in NY and Pa and I still enjoyed Crystal Caves. Didn't really think I would but after 7 cruises to Bermuda and 2 cancelled cruises to Bermuda I did them in May and was glad I did.

Laura

On 7/25/2022 at 7:30 PM, Laurab23 said:

I have done a few caves in US in NY and Pa and I still enjoyed Crystal Caves. Didn't really think I would but after 7 cruises to Bermuda and 2 cancelled cruises to Bermuda I did them in May and was glad I did.

Laura

I agree. It's not as big as the caves in the U.S. , but still enjoyable. And on a hot and humid day, the caves are a very cool and comfortable place to be.