Tuscan Grill

Realblonde474

We have cruised X quite a bit and use to love Tuscan but no longer, 2 bad experiences.

But, you can't go wrong with the filet.

Fish and pasta are dry.

Great side dishes.

Limoncello is excellent !

• Like 1

We have eaten at T.G. many times, beginning in 2010.

We have never been served anything that we disliked.

Among the meatless (or almost meatless) courses, we have especially enjoyed the eggplant parmesan and the strozzapreti carbonara.

May you have a wonderful T.G. dinner (or two, or seven).

While other passengers' experiences may vary I find that the meals at Tuscan Grill are more variable in quality than I find in the other Celebrity specialty restaurants.  While the antipasti board, the Tuscan bean soup and the arugula salad with goat cheese have been consistently delicious we have had some interesting experiences with some other dishes.  For example, the lasagna I had on the Solstice lat month wasn't as good as on other Celebrity ships.  I was planning to order the veal marsala, but the Tuscan Grill server did not recommend the dish as she thought the veal was very tough.  She brought out a serving, and both my husband and I agreed -- while the mushrooms were excellent the veal was indeed tough.  I don't find this inconsistency in quality when dining in Murano.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, jelayne said:

Filet.  Haven't had much luck with the pasta or the rib eye.

Also liked the Branzino.

Generally liked the restaurant if you get a decent discount and have on-board credit you need to use.

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

While other passengers' experiences may vary I find that the meals at Tuscan Grill are more variable in quality than I find in the other Celebrity specialty restaurants.  While the antipasti board, the Tuscan bean soup and the arugula salad with goat cheese have been consistently delicious we have had some interesting experiences with some other dishes.  For example, the lasagna I had on the Solstice lat month wasn't as good as on other Celebrity ships.  I was planning to order the veal marsala, but the Tuscan Grill server did not recommend the dish as she thought the veal was very tough.  She brought out a serving, and both my husband and I agreed -- while the mushrooms were excellent the veal was indeed tough.  I don't find this inconsistency in quality when dining in Murano.

We find we get a better meat quality in Tuscan when cruising in the Caribbean than when cruising from Southampton or when cruising in the Med (regardless of ship). When cruising from Southampton or in the Med the meat isn’t tough or anything, is always OK, never felt the need to send a steak back but just not as tasty. 

It was really good your server did advise you re the veal. Much as they try to maintain quality control they must occasionally get bad batches…

I guess there is the chef element too…the one who adds a bit more seasoning, a bit more/less sauce…

Agree with you that Murano quality does seem more consistent…

That Tuscan bean soup is fantastic! Each time I order it I intend to leave some so I don’t get too full for the next course but then I have just one more spoonful and then another….