Tuscan Grill

Realblonde474

Yes, the antipasti board is terrific. So was the broccolini.

The rib eye I had was rather good, but the porterhouse that came so highly recommended was very tough. 

We also had no luck with the pasts. It was stale and hard as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp for an extended period. 

39 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Wow. Can you recall any differences?

First night the restaurant was not crowded at all and menu was extremely small, next visit was full and there was a larger menu with more options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Oh, don't forget the limoncello!

On our last cruise it was an additional charge in Tuscan. Was that the case for you?  Not automatically brought to your table afterwards. We had to inquire about it.  This was in February on silhouette. 

11 hours ago, REEtired said:

On our last cruise it was an additional charge in Tuscan. Was that the case for you?  Not automatically brought to your table afterwards. We had to inquire about it.  This was in February on silhouette. 

We were on Reflection in February but didn't go to Tuscan, so I didn't think about it.  I know we had some in August on Summit.  I don't recall if they just brought it, if they asked us if we wanted it, or if we asked, but there was no charge.  Perhaps things have changed since then.

Last year on the Equinox my wife and I had the Veal Marsala and I have to say it was one of the best we have ever tried in any restaurant. I think they used several different kinds of mushrooms, and the veal was so tender.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

Filet.  Haven't had much luck with the pasta or the rib eye.

Funny you should say that. I've dined in Tuscan on four separate cruises now. Three times they've got the cooking point completely wrong! :) 

Needles to say I've never been back on any ship fora few years now. It has a great location on S class ships, but I much prefer Murano.