Proctored self test

Just now, bavrail18 said:

Just wondering if anybody has used any proctored testing besides emed for a Royal Cruise ?

Anybody have any luck with the free tests and a proctored service ?

Yes, many have. Search through the forum.

2 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

I searched but could not find the answer.

Thank you for your snarky useless reply. 

Sorry you found it useless. I answered your question.

Again, yes, tons of people have had no problem with non-emed proctored tests.

4 hours ago, bavrail18 said:

Just wondering if anybody has used any proctored testing besides emed for a Royal Cruise ?

Anybody have any luck with the free tests and a proctored service ?

I read about other proctors, but I have nothing but good experiences with the emed proctors, and I'm not going to mess around with something that works well. Family of 5 here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bavrail18 said:

Just wondering if anybody has used any proctored testing besides emed for a Royal Cruise? Anybody have any luck with the free tests and a proctored service ?

We have only used eMed for multiple cruises on multiple cruise lines without any problems. Fast. Easy. Efficient. Test while sipping coffee at the kitchen table. 

For us, we ordered the eMed tests and submitted the receipt to our health insurance company. Our insurance covered 100% of the costs of the proctored test kits. The federal government only requires them to cover the first $13/kit, but even that would help. Getting a straight answer from an insurance company is just about as easy as getting a straight answer on Cruise Critic (and yes, I realize that I did not answer your question directly,,, just offering an alternative). 

1 hour ago, Wanderlost said:

It must be difficult to answer when people are busy with almost 2,000 postings. 
https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

thank you for posting the link. Sometimes the search function doesn't work well on CC. I couldn't remember the name. I have book marked it for use in December!

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I have not used one yet, but here are three that I have heard of with no reports of being denied by RCCL:

https://onpoint-testing.com/

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

https://www.azova.com/

Thanks for the links - as more and more pharmacies and urgent care centers are now charging for travel tests, this is very good info.

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

thank you for posting the link. Sometimes the search function doesn't work well on CC. I couldn't remember the name. I have book marked it for use in December!

We used the free IHEALTH home test, package of two tests, used both for two people to test with rapidtestandtrace.com You can use other home test kits as long as they are FDA approved.

we made an appointment a few days before we needed it, the proctor company charged $20 per person and on the day we used the link they provided and there proctor walked us thru the process. They immediately sent us the results and stayed until we confirmed it was received.  Easy and fully accepted by Royal Caribbean.