Need advice on disembark from Rome port.

Branfsu

7 hours ago, little britain said:

The shopping 🛍️ at FCO is incredible! Lots of designer shops at true tax free prices.  You need to allow time for that! 

Ha! Just going to ignore this post and not tell my wife.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Nolefan95 said:

Thank you very much for the tip! I am already stressed about it but we are going for it. Figure if I can walk off ship at 6:30, worst case at airport at 8:30 for a 10:40 departure. Will definitely purchase fast track. Thank you!

When you get back please come back to this post to let us know how it worked out and time saved. 

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

When you get back please come back to this post to let us know how it worked out and time saved. 

Definitely will. Already purchased the Fast Track passes. When we arrive in Rome at FCO on June 23rd, we plan to scope out the airport so we know exactly where to check in and where to go after that in preparation. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SE fla said:

Has any one used the fast track services at the Rome airport?

Seems to be just what someone heard about from others. But when I googled it, it seems to work well for most. There seem to be dedicated lines for those with Fast Track passes similar to TSA lines in the states. At EUR 7, well worth the risk imo. If I see the Fast Track line is extremely long, I can just skip it and lost ~$7 per person. The benefit far outweighs the risk imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolefan95 said:

Seems to be just what someone heard about from others. But when I googled it, it seems to work well for most. There seem to be dedicated lines for those with Fast Track passes similar to TSA lines in the states. At EUR 7, well worth the risk imo. If I see the Fast Track line is extremely long, I can just skip it and lost ~$7 per person. The benefit far outweighs the risk imo. 

If you have not already booked transportation check out Bob's Limo Rome. Very good prices, excellent service. happy cruising

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you have not already booked transportation check out Bob's Limo Rome. Very good prices, excellent service. happy cruising

Thanks for the info!  I plan on checking on this when we are able to book our flights for next year.

Hoping someone who's done this in the past can chime in.  We're getting off in Civitavecchia and making our way to Rome for a few days.  So we're not in a hurry to rush off the ship and go.  I plan on taking the train from the port to the city.  Has anyone done this and can recommend what a good time to shoot for is?  I'm assuming most people will be scrambling to get off and get moving early.  I'd rather avoid the chaos if at all possible.  

34 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Thanks for the info!  I plan on checking on this when we are able to book our flights for next year.

Another consideration might be Shared Shuttle. We are using them for all our transfers- airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port to airport. Also good reviews and prices. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gail-s said:

Hoping someone who's done this in the past can chime in.  We're getting off in Civitavecchia and making our way to Rome for a few days.  So we're not in a hurry to rush off the ship and go.  I plan on taking the train from the port to the city.  Has anyone done this and can recommend what a good time to shoot for is?  I'm assuming most people will be scrambling to get off and get moving early.  I'd rather avoid the chaos if at all possible.  

Definitely later is better. One way to avoid the crowded regionale trains is to book the fast train - there is one mid-morning option that should work well for departing cruise passengers at 9:16 am. The two big advantages are 1) a guaranteed seat and 2) you are much closer to the head of the station on arrival into Rome Termini. So, less walking if you need to get to a taxi, bus, or metro to your hotel.

On the other hand, it may not work for you if you’re planning to get off at a different station in Rome. The Frecce only stops in Termini.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Definitely later is better. One way to avoid the crowded regionale trains is to book the fast train - there is one mid-morning option that should work well for departing cruise passengers at 9:16 am. The two big advantages are 1) a guaranteed seat and 2) you are much closer to the head of the station on arrival into Rome Termini. So, less walking if you need to get to a taxi, bus, or metro to your hotel.

On the other hand, it may not work for you if you’re planning to get off at a different station in Rome. The Frecce only stops in Termini.

Thank you!  We are just going to Rome.  I wasn't sure how long you could stay on the ship on the last day.  Our last cruises were all out of Boston and we walked off super early.  I don't really care either way this time.  

32 minutes ago, gail-s said:

Thank you!  We are just going to Rome.  I wasn't sure how long you could stay on the ship on the last day.  Our last cruises were all out of Boston and we walked off super early.  I don't really care either way this time.  

How long you can stay on a ship on disembarkation day is a cruise line policy issue...but generally, 9:30 is about the latest.

36 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

How long you can stay on a ship on disembarkation day is a cruise line policy issue...but generally, 9:30 is about the latest.

Thank you!  Like I said, it's been a long time 🙃  The 9:15 train will probably be the one I'll book then. 

Interested in this Fast Track method at FCO. We have an early Monday morning direct flight from Rome to Atlanta in June after our cruise. If my flight is already booked, do I just go ahead and pay the Fast Track and will it generate some kind of document to show with my airline ticket? I have it in the cart now, and ready to push the button. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, crewsgirl said:

Interested in this Fast Track method at FCO. We have an early Monday morning direct flight from Rome to Atlanta in June after our cruise. If my flight is already booked, do I just go ahead and pay the Fast Track and will it generate some kind of document to show with my airline ticket? I have it in the cart now, and ready to push the button. Thanks in advance. 

Interested in this as well. Did you have to put in all your flight info or just the date you would like to depart? Flight info is bound to change between now and Oct, so am just curious 

No, I did not put our exact flight number in, just the date I want to be Fast Tracked. 14e for 2 of us, I'm sure they like to make extra $ from tourists, but we sure don't want to hang out and miss our 9:45 direct flight home after 2 weeks of traveling. 

• Thanks 1

I just received email confirmation of the fast track service (in Italian, of course) and the follow up email gives you the QR codes that will be scanned at the airport with our boarding passes. So, it was easy-peasy and should be worth our time & $. Thank you to the first person that mentioned this service in this thread, it's why I read CC and I appreciate the heads up to make our travels enjoyable. 

• Like 2

I'm curious about how this works.  How much time does fast track buy you?  It's still going to be tight, if your flight is the same day your cruise arrives.   In a normal situation you'd want three hours prior to a direct flight to the States, if the fast track cuts that down to two hours, you'd still need to be at the airport by 7:45, which means leaving the cruise port by 6:45.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

I'm curious about how this works.  How much time does fast track buy you?  It's still going to be tight, if your flight is the same day your cruise arrives.   In a normal situation you'd want three hours prior to a direct flight to the States, if the fast track cuts that down to two hours, you'd still need to be at the airport by 7:45, which means leaving the cruise port by 6:45.

Our flight is not until the following Monday, so not concerned about making it from the port. BUT, long lines at 9:45 which means we need to be there at 6:45 is not something I want to deal with, it will probably be fine, but not chancing it. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 11:00 PM, rg123 said:

Thanks! Have a wonderful cruise and safe travels.

Well, I am back now. Unfortunately! 🙂 Turns out I didn't need Fast Track Passes at all but I think if we needed them it looked like a great option. We made a 10:40AM Miami flight yesterday and had plenty of time. Even ate and shopped at the airport. We self-disembarked at 6:30am and arranged a private transfer (Rome Cabs) for 6:45 AM who was waiting for us about 6:40 am when we got out of the terminal. The car traffic at the airport was pretty bad so our taxi driver dropped us off by the parking garages and told us where to walk (about a 3-minute walk). Probably saved 30 minutes that way. We also checked in ahead of time on the airline app (ITA) which also saved us time as there was a separate check-in line for people who already checked in and just had to do the bag drop. The regular check-in line was pretty long. The airport had a separate security line for direct flights to the USA which also saved us a ton of time as there was maybe 3 families in that line. Got right through. The regular security line looked very long and if we didn't have a direct flight I imagine the fast track pass would have come in extremely useful as the line was MUCH shorter in that line. 

On 4/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, taglovestocruise said:

See post 48 (2 posts above). 

Edited by Nolefan95