Medallion App to locate/communicate with family?

swdke

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Either the most recent App update or the one prior mentioned providing a signal or icon change - or something - to a guest when they have a msg from a shipmate.  I have no proof nor verification this is working, however.

On my Android phone I got a banner notification along the top of my display, just like I get with text messages and new e-mails.  Did not notice it on previous cruises, but did notice it on the Crown (just got off today).

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

On my Android phone I got a banner notification along the top of my display, just like I get with text messages and new e-mails.  Did not notice it on previous cruises, but did notice it on the Crown (just got off today).

Did the phone vibrate or anything if you were not on the app?

14 hours ago, mcbridm said:

WHY DO SOME OF MY TRAVEL COMPANIONS HAVE A CHECKMARK BY THEIR PHOTOS AND OTHERS DO NOT HAVE A CHECKMARK?

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *believe* the checkmark indicates that the person has accepted/approved the "connection" and can now be sent a message. 

I think that the acceptance/approval of the connection is only once on board.  This poster has asked the question on the forum for an upcoming cruise, so this is a pre-cruise question.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I think that the acceptance/approval of the connection is only once on board.  This poster has asked the question on the forum for an upcoming cruise, so this is a pre-cruise question.

Ah!  I missed that...you're probably right.  Then, I have no idea what the checkmarks are for...

On 7/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

On the Sky Princess last week, it never showed where our companions were, even though they were added by booking number, and it constantly showed my husband was in our cabin, even if he was standing next to me by an elevator several floors away! Useless.

When you added your companions booking numbers, did they accept it? In order for you to be able to see their location they need to allow you to do so, otherwise you are just traveling companions whom you are sharing tables with and such.

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Did the phone vibrate or anything if you were not on the app?

banner notification on top.  I keep my phone sound and buzz off on cruise ship so cannot say if it did or not.  

Though when I do have them turned on my phone does do so normally when a banner is generated

I will definitely try it again but we just shared a dinner table (same table / same time / same staff every night) so were able to share msgs there. But my phone normally vibrates when I get a text (even crew call ... just not Shipmates Chat)

Adding travel companions in Dine My Way allows you to make reservations together but it doesn’t allow you to find each other.   To be able to find each other - Once onboard log on to the app and go to shipmates/ manage shipmates and enter in the name of person you want to be able to find. You will add them and indicate you will share your location with them - then you send a request to them. Once they accept the request and indicate they will share their location with you - then you can find them in the app or on displays. 

• Like 1