Spa Question

I previously never had any spa services onboard. However, on my recent Celebrity cruise, I had a significant amount of OBC, so I splurged on a facial. 

Anyone who has had spa services on both lines - can I expect a similar experience on Royal as with Celebrity? Also, do you know if they use the same skincare products? Specifically curious about the Enchantment, as I will be cruising in September.

Thanks for any info you can share

I believe the Spa services on both lines and actually most cruiselines are provided by the UK based company Steiner and they should be using/selling the same products on board. I believe they carry the Elemis brand of skin care but may have others

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe the Spa services on both lines and actually most cruiselines are provided by the UK based company Steiner and they should be using/selling the same products on board. I believe they carry the Elemis brand of skin care but may have others

Thank You!

Yes, they sell Elemis skincare products.     I do not recommend buying them at onboard price.     I ask for them to write down the name of the product then when I am home I will order online for much less than what I would have paid onboard.     I really enjoy the elemis papaya enzyme peel, smells so good and does a great job.      I, also, love their Lavender toner I use almost everyday.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, they sell Elemis skincare products.     I do not recommend buying them at onboard price.     I ask for them to write down the name of the product then when I am home I will order online for much less than what I would have paid onboard.     I really enjoy the elemis papaya enzyme peel, smells so good and does a great job.      I, also, love their Lavender toner I use almost everyday.   

Great! I didn't buy anything, and haven't yet compared prices, so this is good to know. 

Just know that the spa personnel are incentivized to upsell you on their products, so you may get a bit of a sales pitch.  I have personally not done any spa treatments (although I have two booked for our next cruise) but my wife always does several and she has mentioned this every time - some are simple pitches, but a few have been "hard sells".  I have heard rumors ranging from "the staff is required to meet a quota to keep their jobs" to "they earn a 75% commission on all sales" as to why they upsell so vehemently. 

• Thanks 1

It is almost always an issue, but I still enjoy the spa services.  When they write down and have the "you need/will buy this" spiel, I usually just thank them, take the paper that they've written everything out on and tell them I love the product and will be back before the end of the cruise to purchase.  If I'm on a long cruise and it's a massage that they are offering products for, I tell them I love their service and am planning to book another massage before the end of the cruise.  Sometimes I simply say I need to discuss it with my spouse...  OR, if I'm not in the mood, I say I've had a bazillion of *whatever* service previously and have all of these products at home...and I don't need any more of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

"hard sells".  I have heard rumors ranging from "the staff is required to meet a quota to keep their jobs" to "they earn a 75% commission on all sales" as to why they upsell so vehemently. 

I'd be furious if I heard any technician saying this to me.  I say no thanks and that's it.  I just don't like that my 50 minute massage is actually only 30 minutes with a 10 discussion beforehand and 20 minutes after to try and sell me stuff.

• Like 1