More Royal Questions

I almost always sail Princess but wanted to give the Navigator OTS a try.  I have so many questions and thought that you all may have the answers.  Thank you in advance.

1). I have a dairy allergy. Are the sandwiches in the Café Promenade premade or can I order one without cheese?

2). Can you take food from other areas into the Tiki Bar?  I see that the bar does serve food but I don’t see anything that I would like to order.

3). Have you dined at the Windjammer and have food allergies?  Does a chef walk around with you to let you know what is safe for you to eat?

4). What is the name of the daily activity sheet?

5). What is open for lunch on embarkation day?  

6). Any suggestions for 4 newbies?

7). Do you still have to wear the Covid wrist band things and if you do, can they be removed when you use the restroom or shower?

Thanks so much!!!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I

1). I have a dairy allergy. Are the sandwiches in the Café Promenade premade or can I order one without cheese?

Yes, they will make one special for you, you can also order a whole cheese free pizza.

2). Can you take food from other areas into the Tiki Bar?  I see that the bar does serve food but I don’t see anything that I would like to order.

You can take food from anywhere to anywhere. 

3). Have you dined at the Windjammer and have food allergies?  Does a chef walk around with you to let you know what is safe for you to eat?

Yes they will walk the windjammer with you.  Also the Head Waiter will talk to you each night to go over the following nights MDR menu.

4). What is the name of the daily activity sheet?

5). What is open for lunch on embarkation day?  

Playmakers, Johny Rockets, EL loco fresh, Promenade Cafe and Windjammer. 

6). Any suggestions for 4 newbies?

If you are going to do any specialty dining a pre purchase package in the cruise planner is worthwhile. 

Don't over think, have fun, be sure to get your tickets for the Ice show as soon as you can, it is the only show that you need tickets for. Playmakers Burgers and onion rings are fantastic and tiki bar is directly across if you want to take your burgers over there.... Navigator is still awesome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@taglovestocruisethank you so much for all of the information.

I had no idea that I had to book in advance for a show. When and where do I do that?

How awesome that I can get a sandwich made without cheese.  I’ve sailed with Princess over 20 times and only one time was I able to get a sandwich made for me at the International Café without cheese.

I hope they have some type of dairy free ice cream because that would really make my day.

I’m going to order a dairy free pizza.  😊

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@taglovestocruisethank you so much for all of the information.

I had no idea that I had to book in advance for a show. When and where do I do that?

How awesome that I can get a sandwich made without cheese.  I’ve sailed with Princess over 20 times and only one time was I able to get a sandwich made for me at the International Café without cheese.  I hope they have some type of dairy free ice cream because that would really make my day.  

Only the Ice Show . We had the DL host get our tickets so I am not sure. In the past you get the tickets from Guest Services. Total brain freeze, it has only been a few months and I can not remember if it was a paper ticket or if the reservation was on the sea pass. 

• Thanks 1

Sandwiches in Cafe Promenade are pre-made.  They always have a ham & cheese croissant, and the other items vary -- some will have cheese, while others will not.  I have never asked them to make a special sandwich, and I'm not sure whether they make them "right there" or whether they're brought in from the main kitchen. 

They will definitely make you a custom pizza -- you'll just have to wait for it to cook.  

I don't know what the Tiki Bar is, but you can take food from one venue to another. 

Windjammer food is varied.  Go to You Tube, and you can see videos of the offerings.  You can stick to simple, obvious foods -- or you can ask the workers.  

Compass.  

I think the boarding day lunch options are Windjammer Buffet or Cafe Promenade ... unless you have paid for a special something.  

I'm pretty sure Covid bracelets are a thing of the past. 

As for ice cream, I've gotta say, desserts on Royal Caribbean are a bit of a disappointment.  They tend towards overly-whipped offerings, which are more air than food.  Of course, I've been baking professionally for 40+ years and have a small business of my own, so I'm a bit of a dessert snob.  

You have downloaded the Royal Caribbean app on your phone?  You can reserve shows on embarkation day.  The reservation you really need is the comedy show, as the venue is relatively small.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just read that there is a Formal Night on our 3 day Navigator OTS cruise.  I’m not wanting to start a huge debate but do the passengers really dress up on the 3 day cruises.  Trying to figure out what to pack.  

Dress as you like, it is the new norm. We were on the 4 night and it was pretty casual, I would think the three night booze cruise would be even more casual. 

• Thanks 1

MsSoCalCruiser...good information provided, especially by taglovestocruise.

We are currently onboard the Navigator. The 3-night sailing had Saturday designated as formal/Dress Your Best night...but it was mostly casual. * Yes, the 3-night cruise was/is a wild booze cruise...and 1200+ children. Do not miss the outstanding ice show. Production show is "Showgirls".

I'll ask about non-dairy ice cream and report back. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just read that there is a Formal Night on our 3 day Navigator OTS cruise.  I’m not wanting to start a huge debate but do the passengers really dress up on the 3 day cruises.  Trying to figure out what to pack.  

No. Smart casual/resort casual/etc. will suffice. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Dress as you like, it is the new norm. We were on the 4 night and it was pretty casual, I would think the three night booze cruise would be even more casual. 

3 minutes ago, cynt said:

No. Smart casual/resort casual/etc. will suffice. 

Thank you both.  I will bring a dress but nothing too fancy.

25 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

MsSoCalCruiser...good information provided, especially by taglovestocruise.

We are currently onboard the Navigator. The 3-night sailing had Saturday designated as formal/Dress Your Best night...but it was mostly casual. * Yes, the 3-night cruise was/is a wild booze cruise...and 1200+ children. Do not miss the outstanding ice show. Production show is "Showgirls".

I'll ask about non-dairy ice cream and report back. :classic_smile:

Yes, very good information is being provided.

I hope you are enjoying your cruise! How wild is it?

Our three night cruise starts on a Monday so I am hoping it’s not a wild booze cruise. I have the soda package if that tells you anything, lol. I think that the kids will be back in school too.  I asked an RCCL employee If they can check to see approximately how crowded it looks at this time but they said they can’t check.

Thank you so much for checking out the non-dairy ice cream for me. I usually cruise with Princess and they make special desserts for me every night. They also have a different flavor of sorbet each evening. I have no idea what to expect on the Navigator.  We are going on a girls cruise and it’s really hard when I have to sit there and watch the other three eat all the yummy stuff. A great deal of the time when we all go out I sit there with nothing because everything has dairy in it.  

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Sandwiches in Cafe Promenade are pre-made.  They always have a ham & cheese croissant, and the other items vary -- some will have cheese, while others will not.  I have never asked them to make a special sandwich, and I'm not sure whether they make them "right there" or whether they're brought in from the main kitchen. 

They will definitely make you a custom pizza -- you'll just have to wait for it to cook.  

I don't know what the Tiki Bar is, but you can take food from one venue to another. 

Windjammer food is varied.  Go to You Tube, and you can see videos of the offerings.  You can stick to simple, obvious foods -- or you can ask the workers.  

Compass.  

I think the boarding day lunch options are Windjammer Buffet or Cafe Promenade ... unless you have paid for a special something.  

I'm pretty sure Covid bracelets are a thing of the past. 

As for ice cream, I've gotta say, desserts on Royal Caribbean are a bit of a disappointment.  They tend towards overly-whipped offerings, which are more air than food.  Of course, I've been baking professionally for 40+ years and have a small business of my own, so I'm a bit of a dessert snob.  

You have downloaded the Royal Caribbean app on your phone?  You can reserve shows on embarkation day.  The reservation you really need is the comedy show, as the venue is relatively small.  

I was afraid that the sandwiches would be pre-made. When I cruise with Princess the International Café will have six different sandwiches, all with cheese.

The problem with allergies is that there are no simple, obvious foods. Once I went to order a burger on a Princess cruise and an employee stopped me because they had put butter on the grill.  A lot of restaurants put butter on top of steaks or chicken, in barbecue sauce, or vegetables… You never know.  

I did download the app and I will make sure that I make reservations for the Ice  show and also the comedy show. Thank you for sharing.

Do you make dairy free desserts? 😊😊😊

They also have a whole vegan menu in the MDR, including vegan desserts, which by definition should be dairy free. You can see the menus for the current sailing in the app. Just scroll past the normal menu and the kids' menu and you'll find the vegan stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

They also have a whole vegan menu in the MDR, including vegan desserts, which by definition should be dairy free. You can see the menus for the current sailing in the app. Just scroll past the normal menu and the kids' menu and you'll find the vegan stuff.

Thank you!  This is perfect.  

3 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I just looked at the vegan menus and found 3 desserts that sound really good.  Also, some of the vegan appetizers sound really good too.  Thanks again!  

• Like 1

Here's what we were told...

Re: Dairy...good news and bad news.

First the bad news...

* Spoke to the manager in the Windjammer and he said there are no non-dairy ice cream available in the Windjammer.

* Spoke to the manager in the main dining roon and he said there are no non-dairy ice cream in the Main Dininig Room. He said even the sorbet has dairy.

The good news...

* If you email Royal Caribbean, 7 to 10 days before your sailing, at rcldining@rccl.com and let them know about your dietary needs and/or allergies, they "will do the best they can to accommodate you".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

First the bad news...

* Spoke to the manager in the Windjammer and he said there are no non-dairy ice cream available in the Windjammer.

* Spoke to the manager in the main dining roon and he said there are no non-dairy ice cream in the Main Dininig Room. He said even the sorbet has dairy.

The good news...

* If you email Royal Caribbean, 7 to 10 days before your sailing, at rcldining@rccl.com and let them know about your dietary needs and/or allergies, they "will do the best they can to accommodate you".

You are so kind for doing this for me. I hope it didn’t take too much time away from your cruise. I will send the email tomorrow. How long is your cruise?  Enjoy whatever time is left. I wish I was on the ship with you.  Thank you so much.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You are so kind for doing this for me. I hope it didn’t take too much time away from your cruise. I will send the email tomorrow. How long is your cruise?  Enjoy whatever time is left. I wish I was on the ship with you.  Thank you so much.

My pleasure...we are onboard another week (3-night and 4-night sailings.)

* The July 8th, 3-night sailing, had approximately 3800 passengers. The July 11th, 4-night sailing ending tomorrow, has approximately 3600 passengers.

10 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

My pleasure...we are onboard another week (3-night and 4-night sailings.)

* The July 8th, 3-night sailing, had approximately 3800 passengers. The July 11th, 4-night sailing ending tomorrow, has approximately 3600 passengers.

That sounds pretty full.  I wonder how many passengers to expect in September during the week?  

Enjoy your cruises! I wish I was there.  😊

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That sounds pretty full.  I wonder how many passengers to expect in September during the week?  

Enjoy your cruises! I wish I was there.  😊

Guessing that when the kids are back in school, the passenger count should decrease.

* Passenger count for this current 3-night cruise is approximately 3400.

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Guessing that when the kids are back in school, the passenger count should decrease.

* Passenger count for this current 3-night cruise is approximately 3400.

I hope it decreases because that sounds crazy full right now. Does it feel crowded?

On 7/14/2022 at 11:22 PM, bonsai3s said:

First the bad news...

The good news...

The soft serve ice cream is non-dairy since it's just sugar, oil and stabilizer