Best time for NorthStar on Alaskan Cruise

3 hours ago, CruiseWendy said:

I’m fine with paying ☀️

The pay sessions ($19) are on sea days, the free ones are on port days. The same with Ripcord. No need to pay for either venue - the free version is plenty good enough.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The pay sessions ($19) are on sea days, the free ones are on port days. The same with Ripcord. No need to pay for either venue - the free version is plenty good enough.

Last week on Ovation the pay viewings were all $69.99 per person

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Last week on Ovation the pay viewings were all $69.99 per person

I think that is usually limited to the times around the glacier and sailing in/out but I guess if folks are willing to pay it, they keep that price all the time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think that is usually limited to the times around the glacier and sailing in/out but I guess if folks are willing to pay it, they keep that price all the time.

Thsts what I thought as well prior to this but we didn't have a glacier stop.  To be dair, I gid not check any of tjevtomes on the last sea day do they may have been less. 

We were on the Quantum last month. Weather really affects the ability to operate the North Star. We booked a paid ride on the morning we were sailing into Icy Strait Point. Our logic was that it was in the fjord, not exposed to the open seas. But it was still too windy to operate. We were cancelled twice and finally gave up. (On prior cruises, we just went stand-by, we didn't bother trying after two cancelled rides). 

• Like 1