Bermuda required negative test and cruising

My fingers have been crossed for months to get rid of the pre cruise testing requirement.

I just don't think that Royal will be able to do so until Bermuda gets rid of the testing requirement.

Of course I'm all or Royal getting rid of Bermuda as a stop until they get rid of the testing requirement.!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

My fingers have been crossed for months to get rid of the pre cruise testing requirement.

I just don't think that Royal will be able to do so until Bermuda gets rid of the testing requirement.

Of course I'm all or Royal getting rid of Bermuda as a stop until they get rid of the testing requirement.!

They don't have to wait on Bermuda. They can limit the pre cruise testing requirement to sailings that include Bermuda and same with other ports that require testing.

Royal won't get rid of Bermuda....

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

You don't need a separate negative test on a Bermuda cruise. The pre-cruise test is baked into the requirements (at least for any RC cruise since they take less than 4 days to get to Bermuda)

I think the point was that Bermuda requires negative test, not a separate negative test. Consequently, RCI would be unable to eliminate the testing requirement across the board, unless they wanted to temporarily suspend sailings to Bermuda (which I agree is unlikely).

Of course, as Charles4515 pointed out, they could always require testing only for the sailings with itineraries that require them. But that sounds like a supreme headache to me. 😕  I guess time will tell!

20 minutes ago, Steppy08 said:

I bet Bermuda will drop the negative test requirement but they won’t drop the $40 “travel authorisation” form. 💰 

yea that is what I am thinking.  they like the income and I think it is tacky.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yea that is what I am thinking.  they like the income and I think it is tacky.

There’s a reason it’s one of the most expensive places in the world to live. That and their government is 1) pretty corrupt and 2) trying to recoup 2 years of pandemic loses especially w their new airport 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steppy08 said:

There’s a reason it’s one of the most expensive places in the world to live. That and their government is 1) pretty corrupt and 2) trying to recoup 2 years of pandemic loses especially w their new airport 

well I switched my cruise to something else as I do not wish to give them $40 went all the poorer islands in the Caribbean are not asking for money.   Besides, the last time I was in Bermuda in 2016 the roads were so very crowded with cars and the downtown area looked a bit dumpy from what I remembered in 90's

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I think the point was that Bermuda requires negative test, not a separate negative test. Consequently, RCI would be unable to eliminate the testing requirement across the board, unless they wanted to temporarily suspend sailings to Bermuda (which I agree is unlikely).

Duh, yeah I see the point.

Its up to the individual country to state what testing if any they want visiting people to take. I am sure lots of people will still test and go.

I understand testing is a pain but if you want to go to place then abide by their rules. If they all agree to drop testing then fab if not then it is what it is. 

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I switched my cruise to something else as I do not wish to give them $40 went all the poorer islands in the Caribbean are not asking for money.   Besides, the last time I was in Bermuda in 2016 the roads were so very crowded with cars and the downtown area looked a bit dumpy from what I remembered in 90's

To each their own. 
it’s still a gorgeous island, even if they have a money grubbing government. my 70 year old mother wanted to see it so we still went. 

I’ll not portend the future of Bermuda’s cruise passenger count as I am not an expert on its “corrupt, money-grubbing government” and its relationship to the “Caribbean’s poorest islands.” Thank goodness we have those experts on this thread to provide guidance and knowledgeable information.

Personally, I think it is quite simple. Bermuda’s affluence may be offensive to some especially considering the $40.00 Travel Authorization Application fee. Add to that the continued requirement for a negative Covid test and the financial/mental strain can become unbearable. Simply put, don’t go. You will be better off for it.

I, on the other hand, will continue to trust my own capabilities and comfort level. I am not deterred from visiting Bermuda in October on a RCCL ship. My understanding of the circumstances pertinent to this thread, are obviously different from the experts. I am good with that.  

• Like 1