“Unlimited Starbucks Package”

raitch

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know if anyone has purchase the SBUX package and used it?  We do not sail till April 2023 on the Epic with our two daughters (13 &9) and they love the Frappachinos and Freshers.  So I would really want to know is if I can purchase this package for each of them and not obligated to purchase it for my husband and myself?  This would be a way better deal for my girls since they do not drink soda and would easily drink 2 or more SBUX drinks a day

1 hour ago, MrsK2008 said:

I'd like to know if anyone has purchase the SBUX package and used it?  We do not sail till April 2023 on the Epic with our two daughters (13 &9) and they love the Frappachinos and Freshers.  So I would really want to know is if I can purchase this package for each of them and not obligated to purchase it for my husband and myself?  This would be a way better deal for my girls since they do not drink soda and would easily drink 2 or more SBUX drinks a day

The package is 12.95 per day plus 20% gratuity, so it's 108 per 7 day cruise pp.  If your girls are in their own cabin, then you can get it for them.  If the four of you are in the same cabin, all four of you have to get it.  On the NCL website, under the terms and conditions this is where the rule is listed.  At almost 15.50 per day, you would need to drink about 20 over the course of the week to break even.

Here's what I don't get.

Most of the other cruise lines have a gourmet coffee package too.  But they're from the gourmet coffee counter down in the piazza.  Starbucks is NOT gourmet coffee.  In fact in my opinion it's like drinking a cup of DW40.   Why on earth would they use a franchise coffee as their add-on package company?  When the coffee you'll be able to get in the Atrium Cafe will be top notch grounds!  And they could charge more for it, and I'd pay it because that's what I'm drinking come heck or high water.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrsK2008 said:

It appears from the T&C that the package is only available for guests age 18 or over at the time of sailing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got off Breakaway yesterday and my daughter had the Starbucks package.  They are strict about only one drink per order.  At one point she was with her brother in the atrium and asked him to use her card to get her a drink and the Starbucks staff refused to let her get another drink soon after, saying she had to pay for it because her brother had used her card.

Lines were very long and it got to the point that she just didn’t want to wait for 15 minutes for a drink so unfortunately (for me and my wallet) even though she loves Starbucks, I don’t think she ended up using it enough to justify the cost.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not a great deal for other people who are big Starbucks fans!  

On 7/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, phillygwm said:

I thought that as well but I upgraded last time (to the Premium Plus package) and didn't regret it.  I came close to offsetting the cost on non-alcoholic stuff (I drink a lot of Pellegrino and a Starbucks or two each day.)  Then I do enjoy a Champagne splurge once in a while.  Maybe more than once in a while when it's included in the package 🙂   

Since I have to have the Internet package and I upgrade my meals anyway, FAS+ makes even more sense than Premium Plus alone.  I can see myself booking that every time.  But if someone is going to unplug, they don't care about the dinners much, and they're just looking for a latte once in a while, I suppose it wouldn't really be justified.

I originally opted out of a beverage package because I don't plan on drinking much alcohol.  However, the other perks of FAS+ sold me.  Unlimited Starbucks coffee and tea, pellegrino, bottled water, wifi, and more specialty dining will definitely make it worthwhile.  Plus a few glasses of Veuve Clicquot sounds delightful.

Yeah I noticed it appear during my check-in for the Star (Aug. 24th), but you can't add it to cart or anything, so I guess it's maybe not available on the Star? Maybe the Star doesn't have a Starbucks yet? I dunno, but then again at least one excursion, the coders forgot to convert Unix time to normal time, so the excursion lasts a for billions of hours.

image.thumb.jpeg.7fd8e244da21ff56258e5a1603613328.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 8/15/2022 at 8:51 AM, KimInTime said:

Yeah I noticed it appear during my check-in for the Star (Aug. 24th), but you can't add it to cart or anything, so I guess it's maybe not available on the Star? Maybe the Star doesn't have a Starbucks yet?

I was on the Star last month, no Starbucks.  They have the atrium cafe, where your get a limited Starbucks menu.  They will auto include a gratuity automatically to your total.  In addition, if you are paying per drink, they are more expensive.  You can not use your Starbucks card on board, only room charges.  I had the standard FAS.  Did not upgrade to the plus, as we didn’t feel it was worth the added expense to buy for both of us, when I would be the only one using it. And that would be the ONLY reason for us to add it.

12 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

I was on the Star last month, no Starbucks.  They have the atrium cafe, where your get a limited Starbucks menu.  They will auto include a gratuity automatically to your total.  In addition, if you are paying per drink, they are more expensive.  You can not use your Starbucks card on board, only room charges.  I had the standard FAS.  Did not upgrade to the plus, as we didn’t feel it was worth the added expense to buy for both of us, when I would be the only one using it. And that would be the ONLY reason for us to add it.

I don't really understand the thing about ordering at the Atrium, that if you're paying per drink, it's more expensive. More expensive than what? It's not possible to order as a package, so I'm not sure what the price per drink is being compared to?

For reference, I'm new to this kind of cruising. I take hops between Helsinki and Stockholm or Tallinn all the time, but I don't know the ins and outs of how it's wrong to order at the atrium.

5 hours ago, KimInTime said:

I don't really understand the thing about ordering at the Atrium, that if you're paying per drink, it's more expensive. More expensive than what? It's not possible to order as a package, so I'm not sure what the price per drink is being compared to?

For reference, I'm new to this kind of cruising. I take hops between Helsinki and Stockholm or Tallinn all the time, but I don't know the ins and outs of how it's wrong to order at the atrium.

The standard free at sea drink package does not cover “specialty” drinks,  which the Starbucks at the atrium cafe is considered.  So you have to pay per drink.  Which is more than you pay in a regular Starbucks store on land.  Starbucks in places like an airport, or hotel are more expensive than a regular Starbucks. On the ship you are paying closer to the airport prices.  My usual go to is a venti Carmel macchiato and I pay 5.45 for that at my neighborhood Starbucks.  I paid 6.20 on the Star last month for a grande. Yes, the 6.20 did include an automatic gratuity.

if you want the specialty coffees included in your drink package, you will need to upgrade to the premium beverage PLUS package.

Here is a photo of the atrium cafe, Starbucks menu:

6F7AF02A-2D59-4B71-88F7-01229F41AF0E.jpeg

Edited by MrsTocko
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

The standard free at sea drink package does not cover “specialty” drinks,  which the Starbucks at the atrium cafe is considered.  So you have to pay per drink.  Which is more than you pay in a regular Starbucks store on land.  Starbucks in places like an airport, or hotel are more expensive than a regular Starbucks. On the ship you are paying closer to the airport prices.  My usual go to is a venti Carmel macchiato and I pay 5.45 for that at my neighborhood Starbucks.  I paid 6.20 on the Star last month for a grande. Yes, the 6.20 did include an automatic gratuity.

if you want the specialty coffees included in your drink package, you will need to upgrade to the premium beverage PLUS package.

Here is a photo of the atrium cafe, Starbucks menu:

6F7AF02A-2D59-4B71-88F7-01229F41AF0E.jpeg

Ah right, I gotcha. It turns out it’s really not far off Helsinki prices one way or the other, in fact a little bit cheaper. Starbucks Finland 

I’d order one a day… MAYBE. Getting the package might’ve been awesome, but I won’t miss it one way or the other I don’t think.

7 hours ago, KimInTime said:

Ah right, I gotcha. It turns out it’s really not far off Helsinki prices one way or the other, in fact a little bit cheaper. Starbucks Finland 

I’d order one a day… MAYBE. Getting the package might’ve been awesome, but I won’t miss it one way or the other I don’t think.

That is where I fall on it.  I am good with the cup or 2 of the free stuff I have with breakfast each morning.  My son in law though, he may have a hard time not getting it...haha

On 8/15/2022 at 4:14 AM, raitch said:

We got off Breakaway yesterday and my daughter had the Starbucks package.  They are strict about only one drink per order.  At one point she was with her brother in the atrium and asked him to use her card to get her a drink and the Starbucks staff refused to let her get another drink soon after, saying she had to pay for it because her brother had used her card.

Lines were very long and it got to the point that she just didn’t want to wait for 15 minutes for a drink so unfortunately (for me and my wallet) even though she loves Starbucks, I don’t think she ended up using it enough to justify the cost.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not a great deal for other people who are big Starbucks fans!  

Thanks for the feedback

On 7/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Just another way of nickel and dimeing people to bring in additional monies to the NCL coffers. Just like when NCL offers to add 2 additional specialty meals at a 33% discount to those bookings that now receive one meal when they used to receive two meals for years.  It's a disgrace that an 11 day cruise gets one specialty meal when you used to get four. They bled millions during the shutdown and now they need to be creative to gain it back and of course it's at the expense of the consumer.

I do agree on this I must say

Does anybody kindly know if you booked a cruise before the changes to the number of speciality meals and now wish to change the date of your cruise and to a different cruise, do they have any flexibility? So we were booked on a 7 day cruise so are getting 2 speciality meals as we booked over a year ago. We now wish to change to an 11 day cruise and add another room as well. Now though it would be 1 speciality meal for a longer and more expensive cruise it seems.

Which is disappointing. Thank you.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, farringtonb said:

Does anybody kindly know if you booked a cruise before the changes to the number of speciality meals and now wish to change the date of your cruise and to a different cruise, do they have any flexibility? So we were booked on a 7 day cruise so are getting 2 speciality meals as we booked over a year ago. We now wish to change to an 11 day cruise and add another room as well. Now though it would be 1 speciality meal for a longer and more expensive cruise it seems.

Which is disappointing. Thank you.

You are booking what is considered a new cruise, not changing, therefore the new rules apply.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/4/2022 at 9:23 AM, MrsTocko said:

You are booking what is considered a new cruise, not changing, therefore the new rules apply.  

However, IF you booked through a travel agent, they  *might* be able to finagle it, depending on their agency's relationship with the cruise line.... I was able to get NCL to fudge a bit on their policies for clients in the past when I was a TA. It's a bit of a stretch, but they've been good about a lot of things. Recently, my own TA got them to accept a CruiseNext certificate when technically it was too late to apply it... (I love my TA... she will FIGHT for her clients like I used to do and that's awesome!)

On our recent 15 day cruise on the Joy, a separate Starbucks package was offered. With gratuities, it came to about $15.50 per day per person or $233 for the cruise. Here is the menu and costing at the Atrium venue. The math doesn't work for us but may for some. 

Starbucks.jpg

It's a little bit cheaper on our June Bliss cruise, but still a bit too high for us.

"The Unlimited Starbucks Package has the perfect blend of your favorite beverages. Start your morning with freshly brewed coffee or tea, then grab your favorite Frappuccino as an afternoon treat. Enjoy unlimited pick-me-ups including coffee, tea, Frappuccino blended favorites and other specialty beverages for only $12.95 USD per person, per day. Day or night, you’ve got the perfect brew."  

Comes to $108.78 each for 7 days