Booking large group question

We are planning on booking a large group of eight or more cabins for a birthday celebration next year on Allure. We understand from both what is on the RCCL site and information we heard from a friend that if we booked more than eight cabins there were some extra benifits and rebates from Royal. Yesterday I began the process and in talking to a TA she informed we that if a stateroom had more than two people in it that Royal did not count that cabin toward the group number, that they only counted cabins with two passengers. This sounds strange to me, but lots of things that sound strange to me are in fact true but wanted to see if anyone here had done these booking and if this was in fact the policy. We have eight confirmed cabings but one has a mom and two childrend and the TA said it would not count towad their discound/rebate policy. 

8 cabins double occ  booked into your group will give you 1 guest cruise fare (not the port or tax’s) rebated to the group leader .

3rd, 4th do not count , 

The mom and 1 kid will count as dbl occ .

You should also receive amenities of your choice depending on how many Group Points are allotted for your ship/sailing date .

Eight double occupancy cabins are the minimum for certain types of groups.  Free cabin excluded, maybe try talking to TA before trying to navigate groups on your own.  It's a free call with a reputable TA to talk options.  No commitment. 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read 8 cabins gives one free berth..ie one pax cruisefare,

It is the cruise fare only which excludes the taxes and fees as well as another cost that most guests never see called the NCCF (non commissionable cruise fare) which can range from $25 to $40 per person per day that Royal does not pay commission on.  On a 7 day cruise on an Oasis class ship deduct another $250 from the total cruise fare to account for the NCCF

There are 2 aspects of the group.

#1 is the pricing.  Group pricing will be based off dbl occupancy, that is correct.

#2 for the 8 cabins to get the 1 free berth, that can be a triple or quad cabin.  You wont get the group pricing for that cabin but it will count as one of the 8 for the free berth and it will receive the group amenities.  (OBC etc)

TBH a lot times the current royal pricing is cheaper than the group pricing anyway.  So they will book at the current  price and just move that cabin in the group. 

16 hours ago, MCC retired said:

8 cabins double occ  booked into your group will give you 1 guest cruise fare (not the port or tax’s) rebated to the group leader .

3rd, 4th do not count , 

The mom and 1 kid will count as dbl occ .

You should also receive amenities of your choice depending on how many Group Points are allotted for your ship/sailing date .

The issue that the TA, who does a lot of these, said is that since its a triple occ. that they don't count that cabin. I will call Royal directly to check it out but just wondered if anyone else has run into this issue. Tanks for taking the time to answer. Happy sailing. 

14 hours ago, whitshel said:

There are 2 aspects of the group.

#1 is the pricing.  Group pricing will be based off dbl occupancy, that is correct.

#2 for the 8 cabins to get the 1 free berth, that can be a triple or quad cabin.  You wont get the group pricing for that cabin but it will count as one of the 8 for the free berth and it will receive the group amenities.  (OBC etc)

TBH a lot times the current royal pricing is cheaper than the group pricing anyway.  So they will book at the current  price and just move that cabin in the group. 

Thanks, we are not trying to get a free berth for the thiple occ. or any cabin. We understood we could also get a on board credit equal to the average size cabin booked by the eight  or more. We would rather have the on board credit to do things like host Chief't Tale or shore excurisions for the group. Thank you for the response. going to call Royle but wanted to see if anyonoe had had the issue of a triple occ. not counting toward the eight. 

16 hours ago, twangster said:

Eight double occupancy cabins are the minimum for certain types of groups.  Free cabin excluded, maybe try talking to TA before trying to navigate groups on your own.  It's a free call with a reputable TA to talk options.  No commitment. 

It was the TA I talked to that does these cruises that gave me this information. Maybe she misunderstood that we wanted a free cabin for the tripel occ., we actuall only want a on board credit t use for group activities. While I ususally book my own single cruses through Royal they have a policy that you have to use a TA if you are trying to book a group larger than four cabins. 

5 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

It was the TA I talked to that does these cruises that gave me this information. Maybe she misunderstood that we wanted a free cabin for the tripel occ., we actuall only want a on board credit t use for group activities. While I ususally book my own single cruses through Royal they have a policy that you have to use a TA if you are trying to book a group larger than four cabins. 

Every eight cabins generates a tour conductor credit.  The single TC amount is derived from the rates of the cabins involved.  If your group has one balcony and sevin interior cabins the resulting TC probably wouldn't cover a balcony.  If your group has seven balconies and one interior then the resulting TC will go farther towards covering a balcony.  It all depends.

Tour conductor credits can be used for many things but not always OBC.  You can split the TC credit amount across the eight cabins as a fare discount and everyone pays a slightly lower cruise fare or you can allocate the TC towards one cabin to fund all or some of that cabin.