Fosters is now my favorite beer!!! (On RCL anyway)

So, with the Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinnacle drink vouchers, my go to beer is now Fosters (Oil Can 25oz).

It used to be about number 3 or 4 on my "faves" list but now that I have 5 vouchers per day (Diamond +) for drinks up to $13, it's now #1 on my list!

I even purchased a nice Fosters koozie on Ebay to bring with me on my next cruise to keep it cold while hanging out in the hot tub....

It's like getting 10 drinks instead of 5 (if you like beer like I do).

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Lol! Love this! My husband and I are also D+ and our first drink of the cruise is always a Fosters that we split and have with lunch. It’s like a twofer 😁 and of course we only use one of our vouchers. We also will get one late at night if we happen to have any vouchers left...ask the bartender to not open it and stash it in the fridge for later enjoyment.

Fosters is advertised as an Australian beer. But strangely it is not popular in Australia.  It is not even in the top 10 selling beers in Australia. It is not even brewed in Australia.  Victoria Bitter is the top beer in Australia. Having said this, Fosters is pretty tasty beer, mate. 

Edited by joeyancho
Add content
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

So, with the Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinnacle drink vouchers, my go to beer is now Fosters (Oil Can 25oz).

It used to be about number 3 or 4 on my "faves" list but now that I have 5 vouchers per day (Diamond +) for drinks up to $13, it's now #1 on my list!

I even purchased a nice Fosters koozie on Ebay to bring with me on my next cruise to keep it cold while hanging out in the hot tub....

It's like getting 10 drinks instead of 5 (if you like beer like I do).

Friends don't let friends drink Foster's 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Fosters is advertised as an Australian beer. But strangely it is not popular in Australia.  It is not even in the top 10 selling beers in Australia. Victoria Bitter is the top beer in Australia. Having said this, Fosters is pretty tasty beer, mate. 

Screenshot_20220723-180603_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ac42135f823864b9007f865b15654b6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

That's just twice as much gross to have to drink.

You can still get Red Stripe in 16oz cans.

Or you can get proper pints on Newcastle at Playmaker's with a voucher

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Used to get that for $5 a case back in the day. Instant party 🥳 🍺

Those were the days when the party was more important than your taste buds....

Obviously you are younger than me. When I was in Vietnam, premium beer (like Budweiser) was $3.60 a case (15 cents a can). And the "crap" beer like Carlings was $2.40 a case. (Of course, there were no taxes and the shipping was free....  LOL)

6 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Those were the days when the party was more important than your taste buds....

Obviously you are younger than me. When I was in Vietnam, premium beer (like Budweiser) was $3.60 a case (15 cents a can). And the "crap" beer like Carlings was $2.40 a case. (Of course, there were no taxes and the shipping was free....  LOL)

Probably around 1983

Columbia, MO

What you really need to try is use your $13 voucher to buy a pitcher at Playmaker's 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably around 1983

Columbia, MO

What you really need to try is use your $13 voucher to buy a pitcher at Playmaker's 

Never thought of that!!  Good idea. I'm in for next time!!

(I just wish Sallie drank beer to help)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I used to say this about Carling's Black Label!!!

I was part of my University's Frosh week committee when we welcomed the new first year students and threw lots of parties for them. I'm in Canada so 99% of the Frosh were of legal drinking age back then. Well, the only reason they asked me to join the committee was because I shared a large townhouse with four other guys, I was working in town that summer, and they needed to store hundreds of cases of Black Label that Carling had donated a month before the start of school. Our payment for the storage was about 50 cases for our townhouse. Needless to say we had some GREAT parties that Fall ...

... and I've never touched another Carling Black Label ever since! 🤮

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I was part of my University's Frosh week committee when we welcomed the new first year students and threw lots of parties for them. I'm in Canada so 99% of the Frosh were of legal drinking age back then. Well, the only reason they asked me to join the committee because I shared a large townhouse with four other guys, I was working in town that summer, and they need to store hundreds of cases of Black Label Carling had donated a month before the start of school. Our payment for the storage was about 50 cases for our townhouse. Needless to say we had some GREAT parties that Fall ...

... and I've never touched another Carling Black Label ever since! 🤮

Yeah. Over-indulgence will do that (I heard about it from a friend)

• Haha 1

we all have different tastes, tried Foster, once, and I did not like it.  Not to say, it is not a good beer for some.  Like I said, we all have different tastes,   On Royal Caribbean prefer Blue Moon or Dos Equis.