Which Princess package will be recognized aboard ship?

Buffy56

I just noticed for my upcoming October cruise that my travel summary states Princess Plus Package.  On the Medallion App is shows 2 free dinner credits and Premier Package.  Before I spend needless hrs. On phone with rep., does anyone know if the information that is entered in the system for the trip comes from travel summary or Medallion app ?

15 minutes ago, Buffy56 said:

I just noticed for my upcoming October cruise that my travel summary states Princess Plus Package.  On the Medallion App is shows 2 free dinner credits and Premier Package.  Before I spend needless hrs. On phone with rep., does anyone know if the information that is entered in the system for the trip comes from travel summary or Medallion app ?

If you booked prior to the Premier program and booked a Plus fare, you will get the Plus drink package.  We sailed just after the program started and it was the Plus fare - we got charged for drinks over the covered price.  The only thing not covered were the wines and the bartenders indicated that the wine prices had increased recently.

Are you in a suite?  Suite passengers have the first night at a specialty dining room complimentary.  A gift from your travel agent?

I would take a screenshot or printed document with me onboard.

Did you try to make dinner reservations?  If they are valid, you will see the credits applied and a balance of zero.

Edited by cr8tiv1

The medallion showed 3 dinner credits, one for suite and 2 additional.  All three reservations had a zero balance, no charge.  However they only have one internet connection available.

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

If you booked prior to the Premier program and booked a Plus fare, you will get the Plus drink package.  We sailed just after the program started and it was the Plus fare - we got charged for drinks over the covered price.  The only thing not covered were the wines and the bartenders indicated that the wine prices had increased recently.

did  you  get  charged the  difference in  the  drinks  over $12 or  did  you  get charged  for the whole  drink?

please  explain  about  the  wines....did  you  get  charged  for  the glass of  wine, full  price  if  over  $12 or  just  the  difference.   Did  you buy  full bottles of  wine  or glasses. 

Just  trying  to  clarify.

1 minute ago, cruiser113 said:

did  you  get  charged the  difference in  the  drinks  over $12 or  did  you  get charged  for the whole  drink?

please  explain  about  the  wines....did  you  get  charged  for  the glass of  wine, full  price  if  over  $12 or  just  the  difference.   Did  you buy  full bottles of  wine  or glasses. 

Just  trying  to  clarify.

We got charged the difference only plus 18% gratuity.  On our January cruise the difference was a little over $3 - on the cruise this month it was 5.90 a glass

1 minute ago, Dar & Bob said:

We got charged the difference only plus 18% gratuity.  On our January cruise the difference was a little over $3 - on the cruise this month it was 5.90 a glass

thanks  for  the  clarification.

we  sailed  in  Jan and that  is  how  we  were  charged.  Mostly  wine  was  only  about  a $1 upcharge plus   18% grat.   Must  be  more  wines over  $12 limit  now,  but  still worth the charge.

29 minutes ago, cruiser113 said:

we  sailed  in  Jan and that  is  how  we  were  charged.  Mostly  wine  was  only  about  a $1 upcharge plus   18% grat.   Must  be  more  wines over  $12 limit  now,  but  still worth the charge.

Same wine was a couple bucks more a glass.  Sounded like the entire wine menu had increased.  With inflation on everything else we buy I guess it's to be expected.  We still enjoyed the wine we always do and it didn't break us 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruiser113 said:

Is it 18% Grat on just the additional cost or the entire cost?  Seems like Grats on the first $12 should be included.

19 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Is it 18% Grat on just the additional cost or the entire cost?  Seems like Grats on the first $12 should be included.

They are you only pay the grat percentage on the amount over $12

• Like 2