unlimited premium wifi

valandemmy

looking to be able to do whatsapp video call with the inlaws.   only need one person in the cabin to be able to do it.  can I select just one person for the upgrade or does it need to be the other person in the room as well?

3 minutes ago, valandemmy said:

looking to be able to do whatsapp video call with the inlaws.   only need one person in the cabin to be able to do it.  can I select just one person for the upgrade or does it need to be the other person in the room as well?

You can just do one person.

Keep in mind the geography of your surroundings.  If your at really high latitudes or in fjords surrounded by tall mountains on all sides, the satellite signal can be compromised for large portions of the voyage.  Had the unlimited streaming Internet package on an Iceland/Norway cruise and the hours that it worked was probably less than the hours it did not work.  No discount for intermittent or zero connectivity either.  When it did it work, it was great though (Hulu, Zoom, YouTube).  AMC+ did not work well though--not sure if that was bad connectivity or if they NCL doesn't prioritize traffic for that specific service.

2 hours ago, lfreda said:

You can just do one person.

Are you sure? Just checked our November TA and Unlimited Premium WIFI is $414.84 per person. When selecting, it automatically charges $829.68 for two people, with no way to order just for one person. Which makes sense, otherwise both people could be using it and paying half the price.

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Are you sure? Just checked our November TA and Unlimited Premium WIFI is $414.84 per person. When selecting, it automatically charges $829.68 for two people, with no way to order just for one person. Which makes sense, otherwise both people could be using it and paying half the price.

When you are looking at the upgrade or internet tab the offer defaults to upgrading both guests, but if you use a web browser and click on the summary tab you will see the upgrade offers displayed differently and there you have the ability to only click one guest. I ran into the same issue, and someone showed this to me.

screen.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 603NHCruiser said:

When you are looking at the upgrade or internet tab the offer defaults to upgrading both guests, but if you use a web browser and click on the summary tab you will see the upgrade offers displayed differently and there you have the ability to only click one guest. I ran into the same issue, and someone showed this to me.

screen.JPG

WOW...who knew? (I guess you did). Awesome tip!

On 7/27/2022 at 8:45 AM, schmoopie17 said:

That's funny, we're on the same cruise and we don't even have an option for the Unlimited Premium WiFi.  Just the social media and standard "unlimited" 1, 2 3 or 4 "Device" plans, none of which allow streaming.   Guess I'll be calling and trying to figure it out.

I had the Free at Sea with 250 free minutes, and upgraded just myself to Unlimited Premium Wifi with Streaming.  Did not have to purchase wifi for hubby (but probably will later as he doesn't like to share). 

My sister always gets the upgraded WiFi, and shares her password with our whole family, across a couple of cabins.  The app lets you kick off other devices, and we all accept that we'll get kicked off at some point.  She wins any 'ties', and that's FINE with use freeloaders!

We are sailing on the Dawn next month. I want to only upgrade one of us. I'm using the web browser but no option is given to only choose one person. It only gives the option if I choose a non upgrade internet with premium not being offered On our past cruise in April I was able to choose just one of us. Has this changed recently?

Wait until embarkation day and you are onboard ... then do the single person upgrade, basic/standard or "premium" streaming WiFi ... easily and directly using the NCL App, you don't even have to stand in line, wait or speak with the iCafe manager.  Besides, if you have any non-refundable OBC, you can only use and offset the WiFi up"grade" charge then & there, not possible in advance.  

What's the hurry to spent hundreds on WiFi before you get onboard ... while waiting for your turn to embark and at the cruise terminal, you can do this if and when within range of ship's WiFi signal (turn off cellular services on your device to avoid issues).  

On 7/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, yankprintster said:

Keep in mind the geography of your surroundings.  If your at really high latitudes or in fjords surrounded by tall mountains on all sides, the satellite signal can be compromised for large portions of the voyage.  Had the unlimited streaming Internet package on an Iceland/Norway cruise and the hours that it worked was probably less than the hours it did not work.  No discount for intermittent or zero connectivity either.  When it did it work, it was great though (Hulu, Zoom, YouTube).  AMC+ did not work well though--not sure if that was bad connectivity or if they NCL doesn't prioritize traffic for that specific service.

Just off the Iceland/Greenland cruise.  We received a partial refund due to several days / hours without internet.  I think I received maybe 35-40% back.

7 hours ago, Purple_Pig said:

Just off the Iceland/Greenland cruise.  We received a partial refund due to several days / hours without internet.  I think I received maybe 35-40% back.

Who did you talk with to get the refund?  I was on the Iceland/Norway cruise (was supposed to be Iceland/Greenland too) and had similar issues, but no refund.  Probably spend more than $700 for Internet in total for that cruise (two streaming packages).

18 hours ago, yankprintster said:

Who did you talk with to get the refund?  I was on the Iceland/Norway cruise (was supposed to be Iceland/Greenland too) and had similar issues, but no refund.  Probably spend more than $700 for Internet in total for that cruise (two streaming packages).

The person at the internet cafe.  Internet "something" manager.

First I went to the purser's desk to ask and they directed me there.  Told me that would be who would be the person to make any decision.  I didn't even have to do more than ask and she got out her calculator and figured out the discount and applied it.  Took maybe 2 minutes?

She was very nice - we had a question our first day as we couldn't connect.  At that time she had warned us that they expected the internet to be very spotty and possibly unavailable for portions of the trip.

The entire ship lost internet.  I couldn't book my next cruise initially and in Cagney's I was given one of the electronic wine menus and it had to update and couldn't.   It wasn't just the passenger internet.

She was tall and had very long brown hair and wore very high heels!  On a ship!  Sorry, don't remember her name.