How do you delete an Account please

Hello, I am unable to delete my account, please can someone do it for me. I have only posted one question and all I got was harsh comments. I am not interested in being part of this website if people are this way inclined. I am a 69 year old pensioner and struggling with the Internet. I am not a seasoned cruiser and I don't need people telling me off at my age, so please remove me from this website because I have no idea what I am doing and people just seem to be quite nasty and not hepful at all. Thankyou

You've only been here for less than a week.   Ignore some of the people that you didn't find helpful.   I looked up the post you were talking about and I would just say familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines, easy to do.     There are way more helpful people here than there are snarky posters.  Lots more.

Give it a chance and I believe you will enjoy the site.  There are so many different forums on here with tons of great information that is kept updated.

Otherwise, contact the admins at help@cruisecritic.com

You cannot remove your CC account. You may send an email to help@cruisecritic.com making a request for removal. Include your username and use your account email.

Generally the advice to those that wish account removal is to simply stop using the account.

• 10 months later...

Here's the sequence:  CC says that it now wants users to use their email.  After a while I found that CC has my email as aol.com which I have not used in 20 years.  Then I decided to change to my present email and CC then tells me I have already used that email so I ask CC to send me a password reset but the reset instruction email never came.  I then changed the email to my husband's email and all was fine except that all my past posts are not there.  I suppose if CC does not want to make this easy, I am done.  What kind of a company does not have a person to talk to?

2 hours ago, WBsail said:

Here's the sequence:  CC says that it now wants users to use their email.  After a while I found that CC has my email as aol.com which I have not used in 20 years.  Then I decided to change to my present email and CC then tells me I have already used that email so I ask CC to send me a password reset but the reset instruction email never came.  I then changed the email to my husband's email and all was fine except that all my past posts are not there.  I suppose if CC does not want to make this easy, I am done.  What kind of a company does not have a person to talk to?

Just a thought but you only have a handful of posts in the last couple of decades.  If it was me I would just register for a new account using your present email.

I'm having trouble changing my old email also in my account.  I just sent a request to CC Help and got a reply immediately saying "Please be patient, we're having heavy volume".   I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, WBsail said:

Howdy from a fellow Texan!

It appears part of the problem may be that you have registered more than one user name account. That may be the reason why you were told you had already used the email. It is still on record for another account.

There have been a lot of changes around here since your last post in 2017. The Cruise Critic message board software switched from vBulletin to Invision Community in October 2018 and has been tweaked often since then. Also, we moved to new servers in May 2019. Changes mean some things had to be "left behind" so a lot of older posts are no longer available.

Please contact CC Help Michell, Community Support Assistant, at help@cruisecritic.com. Include all of your user name accounts as well as all the email accounts. Hopefully, all can be sorted out.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

18 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Just a thought but you only have a handful of posts in the last couple of decades.  If it was me I would just register for a new account using your present email.

I'm having trouble changing my old email also in my account.  I just sent a request to CC Help and got a reply immediately saying "Please be patient, we're having heavy volume".   I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Cheers.

To update my own post:  Message received from CC Help, issue resolved within a day. 

Much thanks to the I.T. folks.

• Like 1