Booking a new cruise while on a ship

EllieinNJ

On 7/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, andychris said:

Can you book for yourself who is on board and for family members who are not onboard?

Yes. We did it once and booked a total of 3 cabins for us, my parents, and my sister and kids. We were the only ones on board.

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Can you also apply CNC to an onboard booking for an additional savings?

Yes

For anyone considering doing this, I strongly advise that you do some research first to know what the price "should" be before any bonus discounts. Our last trip we spoke to the CN desk about whether we could add on certificates to existing reservations (they were before final payment date). He said yes, but tried to do it through a fresh booking, which meant we would lose existing perks. He kept telling me 'it didn't matter because the price is so much lower....". The price he was telling me was $300+ higher than what my remaining balance was and his price included 2 CN certificates. 

That was a long drawn out conversation that left me quite salty. If I had decent internet connection I would have pulled up my reservation confirmation to show him that I'm not an idiot and know that my original 14,700 is less than the new price of 15,100 with his 'bonus discounts' already applied.

They're sales people. Just don't get suckered.

• Thanks 1

I have used the same PCC for a couple of years and he has earned my loyalty through several things he has done or caught on bookings. We were on the Getaway in the Baltic in June and asked specifically if my PCC would get credit for the booking while on board. I was repeatedly told yes. Once home I waited a few weeks and sent an email to my PCC asking if he in fact had received the credit. He had not and graciously said not to worry about it. I insisted on cancelling and rebooking and in the course of that rebooking saved more than $800 in things the CN desk had overlooked. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, yankprintster said:

I just did this back on the 22nd, so I'll give you a rundown:

I did a mock booking on the NCL website for an inside cabin on a 16-day cruise I was interested in.  Lowest cabin category was IF and mock booking total came to $3502.32.

Then I went down to the cruise next desk and booked it.  They mentioned it would take several days for all the promos to get added properly and to not be surprised if I check and see the price is higher than I expect.

I received a confirmation email that showed a total of $3631.92, which was higher than the mock booking of IF category.  The statement mentioned it was an IA category stateroom (the two bump in-category upgrade).   It also had promo codes of DISXIN (assuming for in-category upgrade), DISC40, EASYFARE, LATITUDE, LATERW, SHX50).

About 10 hours later, I got another confirmation statement emailed, and now the price matched my mock booking of $3502.32.  The stateroom now mentioned IF-IA instead of just IA as it has before.

5 days later, I got the third confirmation statement.  A new promo code had been added, CNUD10 (cruise next 10% discount?), and the final price showed $3189.78.

The three statements were all sent automatically to me.

So it looks like you got 10% off everything including port charges, taxes and tips (assuming you got free drinks).  That is incredible.  Usually the 10% is fare only.

I have another question.    If there is a price reduction after booking and you call for updated pricing, will the 10% still apply?  Would we be able to receive the 10% off with an updated price?   Or is the 10% off only good on the original booking?   I hope I am explaining my question correctly.

Ok, to verify, if I price out an oceanview with round window, I would get upgraded to the next level which is Balcony?  I am leaving this Sunday on a cruise and may wait until I get on board. Plus I get 10% off the price I see. 

1 hour ago, oracer said:

Ok, to verify, if I price out an oceanview with round window, I would get upgraded to the next level which is Balcony?  I am leaving this Sunday on a cruise and may wait until I get on board. Plus I get 10% off the price I see. 

No, it's a room upgrade not a category upgrade. You would still have an oceanview room, but perhaps on a different (better) deck or location on the ship. 

3 hours ago, oracer said:

Nope, as the person above explained it's within the same category. In the old website you could easily see the difference between rooms within a category. Now, not so much.

For a balcony, you would pay the rate for the BF, which is on a lower deck, more forward/aft, maybe next to a public deck, etc. But you would be moved for free into a BA room, which is on a higher deck, more mid-ship, and "better". Ballpark about $100-200 or so in savings. It's not a lot, but we'll take what we can get.

11 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Wonder if you would move to a spa balcony if booked into the category just below it. There’s usually quite a jump to spa category. 

I don't think so, spa balcony is usually a separate category unto itself. The jump is usually from the lowest letter (ignoring X - those are sail away) to the highest letter A. The number ones are 'special' and don't usually count AFAI.

This is on the Epic... M9 is the spa so ignoring that you would pay the MC price and move up to the MA room for club balcony.

image.png.759550ede54201aa1df8045dd107e8ef.png

Same thing with balcony... we paid for a BF but were moved into a BA.

image.png.ec5910dcdde3dd10ec7afd68e9be2ae1.png

Inside, you pay for an IF but get moved to the IA:

image.png.ec520606023e588df3a3ff344c1d3070.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually curious if anyone had asked or had this.  I currently have a 10% coupon already in my account.  If booking on ship, would that stack with whatever the ship is offering?  Wondering, as my coupon expires about a week after we come back from the cruise.

Thanks

1 hour ago, KermitClin said:

Anyone book while on board this month? I'm curious if NCL is still running the 10% off deal.

Just off the Star.  No more 10%, ended with the previous cruise

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Also would like to know if the 10% will still apply if the price goes down and you get a price reduction before final payment.

They did adjust pricing on a couple of existing bookings so I would get the category upgrade but I never asked if the discounts remain if you reprice.

1 hour ago, StarAFire said:

I was actually curious if anyone had asked or had this.  I currently have a 10% coupon already in my account.  If booking on ship, would that stack with whatever the ship is offering?  Wondering, as my coupon expires about a week after we come back from the cruise.

Thanks

I had a similar question since I had a 10% coupon already applied to a cruise but it was a moot point because the onboard 10% discount is no longer offered, so never asked. But I did reprice that cruise and was able to use my existing discount along with the category upgrade.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:48 PM, wil e coyote said:

If that is true, then I agree it is likely a good deal. But I've never seen anything in writing that says it is 10% off of the current offers. So my naturally suspicious nature wonders whether, if I were cruising today, the discount would be 10% off of the current offer of "40% off all cruises" (from the NCL website), or whether it is 10% off of the base price before the 40% off, or 10% off some other price. All of those are legitimately a 10% discount, but some are much better deals than others.

I also react poorly to "Act now for the best deal!" marketing. In my experience, sometimes you're getting the best deal in those situations, and sometime you're not.

Happy cruising!

10% off current offers.

I just was able to reprice my already booked cruise.  Saved a ridiculous amount of money.

I thought it was going to be for only new bookings but figured it didn't hurt to ask.  Not only had the price gone down $400 which they gave me but they then also did the full 10% off.  On a 2 bedroom Haven.

Plus half off deposits.  I have $500 in deposits waiting that I spent $250 on.  I could have done more but you only have 4 years to use them and you can only use up to 2 at a time.  1 on standard, 2 on suites.  I think they were selling up to 8?  I bought 4.  Used 2, kept 2.

So for my currently booked cruise I got:

1. $400 reduction from a lower published fare

2. Paid $250 deposit and had $500 credited  (yes, I already put down a full deposit on this cruise, still let me do this)

3. Full 10% off my purchased price

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 12:31 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I know they give you a slight upgrade if you book a new cruise while on a ship but someone on that other social media site said you also get 10% off.  Is this true?

well we have done it twice, and the only perk we get and are interested in is more onboard credit from our Travel Agent.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, horseboarder said:

I have used the same PCC for a couple of years and he has earned my loyalty through several things he has done or caught on bookings. We were on the Getaway in the Baltic in June and asked specifically if my PCC would get credit for the booking while on board. I was repeatedly told yes. Once home I waited a few weeks and sent an email to my PCC asking if he in fact had received the credit. He had not and graciously said not to worry about it. I insisted on cancelling and rebooking and in the course of that rebooking saved more than $800 in things the CN desk had overlooked. 

I just spoke to my pcc.  He told me he would get the credit IF he had booked the cruise I was on when I did an on-board booking. No credit if he hadn't originally booked it.

• Like 1