2023/2024 Swap of itineraries between Brilliance of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas.

I’m wondering if Royal Caribbean is pulling a fast one. What I mean by that is that one agent told me that those with nonrefundable deposits could only get their money back before August 18. But another agent told me not to call back until after August 18 because the revenue department was still working on the bookings and they would be available for changes after that point.

The obvious issue is that after August 18, those bookings are no longer refundable for many people. So it sounds like they’re basically asking people to leave them alone until that free cancellation window expires, and at that point, there might not be any options.

This doesn’t really matter for me because my reservation is refundable, but for some of those with nonrefundable reservations that are looking to cancel within that brief window, you might want to make sure that you are aware of the dates, and again I do wonder if what they’re doing might not be a little bit slimy.

Edited by Stockjock

FWIW, I did cancel this.  Like some, I was not happy with Enchantment, a much smaller cabin, much less glass, and no extra OBC.  I did have some OBC that is now history, but it wasn't due to the switch.

I was able to switch to Celebrity for Greek Isles for about $500 more.  Got a better ship imo, likely much better food, likely much better service, arguably a better itinerary, a much larger room, and a lot more window/glass.  So to me, totally worth the $500 price difference.

For those not thrilled with some of these changes, maybe check out the current promotions on Celebrity.  If you book a veranda and up as a non-refundable rate (I didn't), promo code ALLABOARD100 should at a minimum get you $100 OBC, but for some, it's changed the pricing favorably too.

• Like 1

We had booked 5/22 for the stops and had a suite guarantee so while we would rather be on Brilliance we are ok with Enchantment since it is only 1 sea day.  This will be our first Greek Adriatic cruise.  We will be exhausted in the evening.  Plan on enjoying the local cuisine so MDR not so important. We have about 40 friends go on the cruise so it will almost be a charter.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, Stockjock said:

Enchantment seems like one of those ships pretty well ready for the scrapyard, or pawned off to some 3rd world cruise line

Great.  I'm cruising on Enchantment soon.  😄

We had been traveling on another cruise line in Europe, when I received the email about the ship swap, and didn't want to take away vacation time to deal with it.  We got home yesterday, and I called the redeployment desk, as some have suggested.  It was very frustrating.  I booked Enchantment on a B3B to Australia and New Zealand, the first day that the itinerary was released, so that I could stay in the same balcony cabin the entire 2 months.  When I called yesterday, I found out that I had been assigned 4 different cabins, requiring moves with each segment.  So I asked how to fix this.  I was on the phone for 2 hours and 17 minutes, and still haven't resolved it.  I spoke with 3 different agents, was disconnected twice, asked to personally speak to a person on the Resolutions Desk, instead of being on the phone, as I listened to an agent type, while live chatting with her Support Team.  This shouldn't be this difficult!  If cabin assignments are not even being made until after August !8th, why can't I just request the same thing that I wanted when originally booked?  And I haven't even looked at the pricing, because I was assuming that it would be the same, because of the "price protection".  If anyone has any ideas of how to get this resolved, please advise

On 7/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, Stockjock said:

Hi Mary Anne, we're on a different one in October.  This musical ships thing is disappointing.  And the offer of $50 is pretty ridiculous.  We'll see if anything changes.  Maybe I'm being too harsh, but Enchantment seems like one of those ships pretty well ready for the scrapyard, or pawned off to some 3rd world cruise line.

I'll take Enchantment any day over Oasis class

On 8/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, Stockjock said:

FWIW, I did cancel this.  Like some, I was not happy with Enchantment, a much smaller cabin, much less glass, and no extra OBC.  I did have some OBC that is now history, but it wasn't due to the switch.

I was able to switch to Celebrity for Greek Isles for about $500 more.  Got a better ship imo, likely much better food, likely much better service, arguably a better itinerary, a much larger room, and a lot more window/glass.  So to me, totally worth the $500 price difference.

For those not thrilled with some of these changes, maybe check out the current promotions on Celebrity.  If you book a veranda and up as a non-refundable rate (I didn't), promo code ALLABOARD100 should at a minimum get you $100 OBC, but for some, it's changed the pricing favorably too.

Really don't blame you.  We were booked on Enchantment for Australia March 2024 in a Jr Suite and our letter said they would "try" to keep us in the same class.  I looking on-line yesterday and they had moved us to a regular balcony on Brilliance.  At first they said call back after the 18th to which we said no, we have to make a decision BY the 18th.  After 90 minutes on the phone with 4 different people, we were finally told that they would put us back in a Jr Suite. I think they were trying to get new bookings at higher rates for the suites. I really will not be surprised to see another change of vessels between now & then.   

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, meg1021 said:

We had been traveling on another cruise line in Europe, when I received the email about the ship swap, and didn't want to take away vacation time to deal with it.  We got home yesterday, and I called the redeployment desk, as some have suggested.  It was very frustrating.  I booked Enchantment on a B3B to Australia and New Zealand, the first day that the itinerary was released, so that I could stay in the same balcony cabin the entire 2 months.  When I called yesterday, I found out that I had been assigned 4 different cabins, requiring moves with each segment.  So I asked how to fix this.  I was on the phone for 2 hours and 17 minutes, and still haven't resolved it.  I spoke with 3 different agents, was disconnected twice, asked to personally speak to a person on the Resolutions Desk, instead of being on the phone, as I listened to an agent type, while live chatting with her Support Team.  This shouldn't be this difficult!  If cabin assignments are not even being made until after August !8th, why can't I just request the same thing that I wanted when originally booked?  And I haven't even looked at the pricing, because I was assuming that it would be the same, because of the "price protection".  If anyone has any ideas of how to get this resolved, please advise

I’m watching my cruise planner to see where I am for now.  There are no more open cabins, at least not presently to choose from.  I’m trying to be patient. I’m kind of afraid we are simply going to have to take what we get.  There are more balconies on Brilliance but less ocean views.  The computer has no idea we are on multiple cruises so by the time everyone gets reassigned it’s probably going to be too late to make changes unless people cancel.  I’m not happy but not it sure it can be made right.  I certainly don’t want to move each cruise but it may be what happens. 

I can't believe how much the price has gone up for the Brilliance Alaskan sailing. No wonder they are not too keen on accommodating people. I actually think i am paying about the same as a solo as if i went as part of a double and that says something.

What a pain in the butt this was for me. 

First, Royal moves us from Enchantment to Brilliance and puts us in a Guarantee. I called Friday evening 8/12. Rep has no clue why they did it because we paid extra to book a cabin. Rep fixes and chooses a cabin. She sends confirmation. Confirmation shows a price higher. I decide to wait until 8/18 because they said by 8/18 the price would be matched. 

Yesterday, I log in and see they’ve moved the cabins again. What?!?! One on Deck 3 and another on Deck 2 Accessible cabin. No one chose an accessible cabin? And being an April Alaska sailing will have people who do need it, why is someone who is a senior but not unable to handle a regular cabin in it?! I then noticed the price is still wrong on that cabin. I then check my cabin. The price is showing I owe $1800 more than I do. 

Needless to say there is absolutely zero rhyme or reason how they do this. And there’s zero rhyme or reason to how they were to “price protect.” 

I told the Rep, listen, I have never cruised RCI but I’ve cruised other cruise lines. And Have traveled all over the world and this legitimately might be one of the most frustrating things I’ve experienced. Two hours on the phone yesterday between two calls!!