The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 1st, 2022

richwmn

8 hours ago, kplady said:

Hello everyone!

What a kerfuffle yesterday - so glad Father David's sermons are back. They are a bright spot on my Sunday mornings...thanks @grapau27Graham and @Paw13Pauline for posting them faithfully!

Good news here....DH and I just passed our Covid tests, so we're ready to cruise on Wednesday!!

I'll definitely miss you all - I try to disconnect as much as possible on the cruise.  I'll try to catch up once we're home, but 24 days is a LOT to read quickly!!

@kazuShadow is a beauty, and I know she'll thrive under your care

@smitty34877so sorry you're all suffering with Covid.  You're all in my prayers for a speedy recovery

@marshhawkglad you're giving up the dog walking, sounds too tough and will give you more time...and thanks for sharing your story the other day, it was very moving

I'd quote more, but it's dinner time....blessings to everyone...

Laura

Fantastic news Laura.

Wishing you both the most amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa I see nothing there that was so terrible.  Not a single thing!  🤷‍♀️

Ren's leg hurts because someone stomped on him while down.  It may take a while for a deep bruise to heal but he's young so will be fine.  Thanks for your concern!  I'm excited I get to visit the family soon.  Next Monday we will be at DS's house so can check on him then.  Also get to visit DD and family.  She has a weight loss to show off and I can't wait to cheer her on personally.

Wonderful news about Father David's sermon!  Our emails helped spur them on to taking a second look.  So far I haven't received an answer to my email, but that's fine.  It worked!

Thanks for letting us know Ann!  Great work emailing them.🙏

Excuse my lack of spacing between Terry's and Pauline's posts.  That's what happens when I try to do too many things at the same time!   Terry, it's great your neighbors are showing up with food for your family in your time of need.  I understand what you mean about sleeping so much - for days while in quarantine we slept 10 hours at night, then took a morning AND an afternoon nap!  Your body needs all that sleep to recover so don't worry about overdoing all those zzzz's!😴

Pauline we are thrilled to have you join us.  You're a great fit for the Daily.  I'm so happy to hear the sermons are back!🥂

Now I have big news.  At lunchtime we were interrupted with a phone call from my doctor's office.  It was the nurse of the PA whom I had been trying to see last week.  She said she herself, and the PA were both on vacation last week, so were sorry I couldn't get in.  But she said I could come in after lunch at 1:30 if that was okay with me.  Sure it was!  I was there with 5 minutes to spare!  This PA is very thorough and very knowledgeable on anatomy.  She asked a lot of questions, and spent a lot of time working on figuring out what hurt me where.   It's definitely not a Baker's cyst, or a knee joint problem.  She thinks it's a ligament/muscle inflammation and it just won't heal.  So she is sending me to a rehab/physical therapist for certain exercises and something called Tens therapy which is an electrical stimulation to help heal me.  Also I should wear a knee brace instead of my compression socks.  I can still wear compression socks in the car for our long trip Friday, but the knee brace will help the knee more, and the compression socks are good for sitting for long periods.  The PA said I'm already on an anti-inflammatory medication for hip pain so she doesn't need to prescribe one.  (works like a charm on the hip pain).  If this helps me we won't have to go further and order expensive tests like MRI's.  So I guess I'll be going to the therapist after our trip to see the kids  Fingers crossed his helps me!

Thank you Sandi.

Hopefully your PA will find a cure for your leg pain.

Ligament pain can be painful so hopefully the Tens and exercise will help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruzn single said:

It is so late for me to post, but that seems to be my "MO" for the current times.  I just can't imagine the day without the "Fleet/Daily" for the day.  There is so much friendship and camaraderie shared here.  What a great group!

@marshhawkthanks for your persistence as well as others in getting Father David restored.  Being here we all understand and look forward to his inspiration each week.

@Paw13, welcome!  You and your DH are so inspiring to all of us.  How can you both eat the wonderful meals and stay so stylish?

@smitty34877, my prayers for all of your family.  I am so happy that you have such good neighbors to help you this difficult time.  Sleep is the word of the day when it comes to Covid. I know I still have some days of extreme fatigue after my virus encounter in February!

@kazuyour patience with Shadow will result in a lovely dog when she gets over her fear.  You were put into her life for a loving reason..

To all others that have issues, please know that all are in my prayers.  This is such a caring, loving community and we all look to each other for support.  Thanks!

Just an update on my Dsis after her fall.  She has seen her local doc and he has given her the protocol that he wants her to follow.  Guess we did everything right for the first week, but now things will change for the next period of her healing of such horrible abrasions.  She is managing quite well by herself.

Today was a sad day for me, but I finally had to realize that I can't handle the AMS airport alone, and I cancelled my October TA on the Rotterdam.  Didn't take too long on the HAL call, except for the question about the charge for the air!  When I quoted from my documents, suddenly there was no charge.  DUH!

Thanks to all who make this such a wonderful and safe place to be!  My prayers for all on the Cares list!  Have a great evening, everyone!

Mary Kay

Thank you for your very nice sentiments Mary Kay.

Pauline is at work but rings me at lunchtime when she is free of appointments so I will pass on your lovely words.

Sending your sister our very best wishes for her recovery.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your cruise but hopefully there will be many more for you to enjoy.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 7