Pre-cruise documentation

Mocamps

Sorry - yet another last-minute query for our cruise next week.

I know that SS no longer send out the silver boxes and I believe that we will get our luggage labels at the pre-cruise hotel or at the pier. But I'm now panicking about what other documentation we need. I have our passports and vaccination certificates and we do our Covid tests at the hotel. I also have details of the charter flight.  But should we have any documentation from Silversea? I seem to remember just turning up and as long as our names were on the list they only wanted passports. Is that correct? I'm trying to assemble our paperwork today and there doesn't seem to be much!!

2 hours ago, Mocamps said:

Sorry - yet another last-minute query for our cruise next week.

I know that SS no longer send out the silver boxes and I believe that we will get our luggage labels at the pre-cruise hotel or at the pier. But I'm now panicking about what other documentation we need. I have our passports and vaccination certificates and we do our Covid tests at the hotel. I also have details of the charter flight.  But should we have any documentation from Silversea? I seem to remember just turning up and as long as our names were on the list they only wanted passports. Is that correct? I'm trying to assemble our paperwork today and there doesn't seem to be much!!

How many days till you sail? They have been emailing final cruise documents 14 days before the sailing.

• Like 1

What do the final documents actually consist of?

I've now printed out our original confirmation from our TA but I've had that since we made the final payment. I've had details of getting our Covid test at the pre-cruise hotel (sent by the hotel) and I've had the timings of the charter flight.

What am I missing?

13 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

What do the final documents actually consist of?

I've now printed out our original confirmation from our TA but I've had that since we made the final payment. I've had details of getting our Covid test at the pre-cruise hotel (sent by the hotel) and I've had the timings of the charter flight.

What am I missing?

The documents I have always received say "Cruise Ticket" at the top of page 1.

18 minutes ago, sloopjohnb said:

Will this material not be on mysilversea?

Nope, The cruise ticket has never shown up on Mysilversea. I should say I have never seen it there. 

• Like 1

I’ve checked and double-checked My Silversea and can’t find anything with Cruise Ticket on. I’ve emailed my TA so will chase her up today. It does sound like I’m missing something- but I’m thinking that as long as the booking appears in My Silversea (which it does) and I have proof of final payment (which I have), if the actual cruise ticket hasn’t been sent, it’s not our fault if we don’t have it so they’ll need to sort it out when we get there. They’re obviously expecting us at the hotel and we have details of the charter flights so the ‘ticket’ must just be a formality surely?

Trying to be positive!!

Yes, the cruise ticket is more of a formality. Though it does include some info such as exact embarkation pier, which is useful if you are traveling independently.

You’ve already printed out your voyage confirmation so take that with you. 

They have a list of incoming passengers at the pier that they check when you arrive and drop your luggage and tag it, and most times they don’t even look at the cruise ticket.

Panic over! My TA has just managed to get the Cruise ticket from SS and has forwarded it to me.  I'm pleased to have it because it does have some useful information on it. So can hopefully now relax and concentrate on the packing and not the documentation!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

Panic over! My TA has just managed to get the Cruise ticket from SS and has forwarded it to me.  I'm pleased to have it because it does have some useful information on it. So can hopefully now relax and concentrate on the packing and not the documentation!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Glad you got everything you need🙂