PBP changes?!

gabbygal99

The attached screenshot was taken today from NCLs website. It shows that Crown is included in the Premium Beverage Package. We boarded the Escape this afternoon and my husband tried to order an old fashion made with crown in two different bars and he was told by both bartenders that Crown wasn’t included in the PBP???

Has anyone heard this? Is this worth waiting at guest services about? Or should he just suffer in silence with Dewar’s 🤣?

3D9C8D64-7ECD-415A-A064-C3743A3DFA72.png

I can see a "technical" out for NCL here.  That list implies all those brands are included but it does say the package includes all drinks up to $15.  That means you'd pay the difference.

It is misleading however.

56 minutes ago, davencl said:

I can see a "technical" out for NCL here.  That list implies all those brands are included but it does say the package includes all drinks up to $15.  That means you'd pay the difference.

It is misleading however.

I'm not so sure.  The only newcomers I spotted were Crown and Bulleit (YES!).  Bulleit used to be $14, but it was $16 on my last cruise.

19 minutes ago, kkoenig89 said:

It looks like you might have found an older PDF on the website. The date at the bottom appears to be from 2019. I found a 2021 version here: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-beverage-package-2021v2.pdf

Wow! Now I’m even MORE confused! We went into Vibe Beach Club after I posted, and the bar tender happily made my husband his requested drink and said Crown WAS covered by our package, but was just a $1 up charge?

Sooooo….I guess my husband will only be drinking well when that specific bartender (Charlie) is working a shift at Vibe 🤣

3 minutes ago, gabbygal99 said:

Sooooo….I guess my husband will only be drinking well when that specific bartender (Charlie) is working a shift at Vibe 🤣

The PBP essentially provides a credit of $15 for any and all drinks. You should only ever have to pay the difference - not pay for the full drink price. 

So if you order a $20 drink, you would pay the $5 difference (20-15) plus tip. They should not say the drink isn't included and then proceed to charge you the full cost.

• Like 1

What we all need to keep in mind (in this case especially) the bottom line states:

Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

(I copied that sentence right off the flier.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kkoenig89 said:

It looks like you might have found an older PDF on the website. The date at the bottom appears to be from 2019. I found a 2021 version here: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-beverage-package-2021v2.pdf

I wonder if there is an even newer list, Bailey’s is listed as included, but heard recently its an upcharge

14 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

His first mistake was making an old fashioned with Canadian Whisky instead of Bourbon 😜...his second was paying the extra $ 😂

I was wondering how long it would take for that to come up!  But surely you meant to say rye instead of Bourbon?  😉

• Like 2