Can’t use more than two credits?

qdog123

Hello folks,

I remember last year when I booked a cruise I was able to apply my FCC and two Cruise Next Certs. Now when I go to book it’s telling me I can only use two items (two cruise next, one FCC and one Cruise next . I was hoping I could use the two CN’s the FCC and the $100 discount but I can’t find a way at this point.

1 hour ago, qdog123 said:

Hello folks,

I remember last year when I booked a cruise I was able to apply my FCC and two Cruise Next Certs. Now when I go to book it’s telling me I can only use two items (two cruise next, one FCC and one Cruise next . I was hoping I could use the two CN’s the FCC and the $100 discount but I can’t find a way at this point.

We were going to purchase $500 worth of Cruise Next for each of us in April and the Cruise Next guy insinuated that we could use them all on our next cruise. Thankfully, I read the terms and conditions before purchase and realized we could only use two certificates. 

Instead of spending $1,000 total for $2,000 worth of Cruise Next which would be four cruises, we wound up buying only $250 and getting $250. 

The tl:dr is you can only use two discounts total at a time. At least that's what our PCC has told us after we applied a $100 coupon and 10% off coupon to our March cruise. We had to apply the other $100 coupon we had to our August cruise. Ok...that wasn't tl:dr was it? Oh well, I'm wordy, what can I say! 

We were able to apply both our FCC and two CN Certificates to our cruise next month.   

As a side note, when we purchased our CN Certificates aboard the Joy this last February, I asked them if I would be able to apply them to a cruise already booked.  They told me no.  Actually, they told me no twice as I went back and spoke to someone else.    When we got home, I called NCL directly and had two Certificates applied.     

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We were able to apply both our FCC and two CN Certificates to our cruise next month.   

As a side note, when we purchased our CN Certificates aboard the Joy this last February, I asked them if I would be able to apply them to a cruise already booked.  They told me no.  Actually, they told me no twice as I went back and spoke to someone else.    When we got home, I called NCL directly and had two Certificates applied.     

I'm glad it worked out well for you! This just continues my rant about not trusting the Cruise Next people whatsoever...if the ship were sinking, I'd ask a pet monkey before asking the Cruise Next folk where the best escape route is. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm glad it worked out well for you! This just continues my rant about not trusting the Cruise Next people whatsoever...if the ship were sinking, I'd ask a pet monkey before asking the Cruise Next folk where the best escape route is. 

Thank you.    If it was not for Cruise Critic, I would have taken them at their word and not purchased any Certificates.   But, I knew they were wrong so proceeded to buy them anyway.   They were trying to talk me into rebooking the cruise I wanted them applied to but I told them I would not do that since the price had gone up.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

interesting. Did you do this online or through a live person? When I try to book it literally tells me I can only apply two even though it shows all of the available ones I have. One I select two, the others get greyed out…

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

We had one a few years back on the Escape who was abrasive, aggressive, and incredibly obnoxious.  After putting up with her for a minute I interrupted her and asked "Is there another person I can talk to?  Because I'm done with you."  She's the only person I've ever called out by name negatively on a post-cruise survey.

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

The official line is they are only for new bookings, it's right there in the T&Cs but if you get the right person it can be done on existing bookings, they are not supposed to though.
My PCC can always do it.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, qdog123 said:

interesting. Did you do this online or through a live person? When I try to book it literally tells me I can only apply two even though it shows all of the available ones I have. One I select two, the others get greyed out…

I called NCL directly and had every thing applied.   

7 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Curious:    what if we booked an Oceanview (which you can only apply one CruiseNext to), but then got our bid accepted on a balcony?   Can we then apply our second CruiseNext on that one?

Since the bids are usually not accepted until a few days before the cruise (and upgrades aren't even offered until after final payment) you would have nothing to apply the 2nd CruiseNext to.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:53 PM, vacation44 said:

I called NCL directly and had every thing applied.   

Here is my update. I booked a cruise for October through a travel agent. I told him all the items I had available and he called up NCL to do the booking. He told me I could apply everything including my wife’s 10% off coupon. He came back with a price that looks like it included all of those things but when I look at my NCL account I still had two of my NCC’s and both of my $100 discounts in there so all they applied was my FCC, one NCC and the 10% off coupon. When I looked at the invoice he sent it showed the cruise fare had been dumped down from $1700 to $583 plus all the taxes and gratuities. It showed my FCC and one NCC applied and it also showed a $250 payment from the travel agent. It looks like he actually had the travel agency make up the difference since he couldn’t apply more than two items. It was pretty crazy but I am happy with the result. 

57 minutes ago, qdog123 said:

Here is my update. I booked a cruise for October through a travel agent. I told him all the items I had available and he called up NCL to do the booking. He told me I could apply everything including my wife’s 10% off coupon. He came back with a price that looks like it included all of those things but when I look at my NCL account I still had two of my NCC’s and both of my $100 discounts in there so all they applied was my FCC, one NCC and the 10% off coupon. When I looked at the invoice he sent it showed the cruise fare had been dumped down from $1700 to $583 plus all the taxes and gratuities. It showed my FCC and one NCC applied and it also showed a $250 payment from the travel agent. It looks like he actually had the travel agency make up the difference since he couldn’t apply more than two items. It was pretty crazy but I am happy with the result. 

Thank you for the update and glad the end result is what you are happy with.