virtual balcony

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

What if you want to leave it on and watch the ocean?

We had 1 on symphony and u could have left it on to potentially see the ocean, but camera resolution and brightness, you can't see anything.  Also leaving the screen on made it warmer in the room. We would turn it on only when wanting an active view.  Better then no view. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

What if you want to leave it on and watch the ocean?

The cameras are outside and when it’s dark, you can’t see a thing. They may just turn the cameras off at night. You can still see the rail across.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Is the balcony door hard to open?

<yes, it's a joke>

Mine slid really easily -- of course, it didn't do anything!  Truthfully, though, I spent a couple of hours exploring the ship to determine where the camera was, using the VB display as my reference point!

• Haha 1

We did a VB on Navigator back in 2014.  We had a remote to the VB screen so steward didn't have to set it up any specific way.  It was funny one day when they were making an announcement - we heard it through the speakers in the hallway and then 3 seconds later heard it through the VB.  We didn't realize there was a delay in the feed until that moment, and we were at least halfway through the cruise at that point.

One thing we did notice that was nice - the VB reflects into the mirror over the desk, which then reflects into the mirror on the angled wall on the outside of the bathroom, which then reflects to the mirror over the bed.  It didn't matter where in the room you were, you could see the screen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Mine slid really easily -- of course, it didn't do anything!  Truthfully, though, I spent a couple of hours exploring the ship to determine where the camera was, using the VB display as my reference point

Well, the camera is right there on your balcony next to the door.  Oh, wait a minute, errr ahhh ummm ohhh sh.. Never mind.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

We're in a VB for our June Alaska sailing... hoping it makes the interior a little less claustrophobic. 

if it's too cheesy, we'll turn it off.

No, they don't show cheese on the VR!  

<humor intended>

When you see the ocean going by on the screen does it match the ship's direction? i.e. if the screen is mounted on the port side of the room does it show the water moving from right to left?

Screen on the right is towards the forward of the ship and is the direction that the camera was pointed.  Not sure how things look if the screen is towards the aft.   (Navigator 9305)

DSC00026.thumb.JPG.d88fecaf3fb21bdf99589b81b6780ec2.JPG

• Like 2