Shower head

pops72106

I doubt you'd be kicked off the ship if you mess with the shower head, but I don't think Carnival wants guests to make these kinds of alterations to their cabins.

I've always had plenty of water pressure on a Carnival cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I doubt you'd be kicked off the ship if you mess with the shower head, but I don't think Carnival wants guests to make these kinds of alterations to their cabins.

I've always had plenty of water pressure on a Carnival cruise.

If you have always had plenty of water pressure, then u havn't been on enuff cruises...lol

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:24 AM, pops72106 said:

If you have always had plenty of water pressure, then u havn't been on enuff cruises...lol

I've had green water come out of the spigot and had ice cold water come out of the spigot, but it's always had plenty of pressure.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:24 AM, pops72106 said:

So, I have been on 46 cruises on Carnival (I assume that constitutes "enuff"), and never had issues with the water pressure. The only issues I have ever had in the shower is sometimes the brace that holds the shower head/handle up in position is worn out a bit and it likes to flop over and not stay in the position you want.

The other thing I do really like about Carnival showers is the ability to slide the shower head up and down as an adjustment.  My husband is tall, and I am short and since there isn't a lot of room to back up or move closer in the tight shower space to get it to hit you right, having that ability to move it up and down for height is handy.  Also the fact that it isn't a fixed shower head, but an actual hand held shower head that can be taken down.  I take it down and use it to hose off our water shoes and snorkel gear (I can lay them down in the bottom of the shower and have the sprayer closer so I am not getting water everywhere).

• Like 4

Here's another thread where discoloured water is discussed:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2691955-brown-water/

But I guess it's just b.s., even though Chengkp75 explains how it can sometimes happen on ships.  Didn't happen to you, so it couldn't have happened to anyone.🙄  Ridiculous.  And insulting.

Edited by ShakyBeef
spelling

Your shower head will not be as clean as the ship's one,  which is taken off and sanitized in chlorine every 6 months. 

Typically,  pressure problems in a shower are not due to the head,  so your head won't make any difference.  There is a filter in the mixing valve that can plug up with scale, most Typically in the cold side, and then the pressure balance in the mixing valve will close off the hot water as well,  to prevent scalding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4