The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 8th, 2022

richwmn

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@dfishit was your bravery that got me motivated. She said that it was perfect as my hair didn't need to be bleached to white, it was already there...I think she should have given me a discount though.  I may do it again before the trip to Europe next year, but it may be old hat there by then, and I really would stick out like a tourist.  Plus anything that costs more than 200 dollars really must be thought out, I had no idea it was going to be that much.  Luckily DH was sitting in the car, with his debit card, of course I will pay him back for the balance, but I like it, he likes it, so all is well.

$200!!  Mine only cost me $100.  I need to appreciate my hair stylist a bit more I think.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hello Dailyites! Here it is Tuesday and I just finished reading Monday. And such a day!

I do read The Fleet Report and the postings - frequently on quite a time lag. This is such a supportive group and, like so many of you, I do enjoy all the photos, memes, F&B suggestions, etc.

Our Forever Home is taking shape now has a shingled roof, the siding has started, interior doors hung. And lots of documents to review and/or sign (electronically). After we receive a notional closing date, I can start lining up appointments for window coverings, garage epoxy coating, moving estimates. For those of you who have used window covering companies (we've always DIY in the past) and/or epoxy coating, please share any flags we should look out for, questions to ask. Despite assistance from my bestie, Google, I feel as clueless as a teenager going to her first dance. Our reward after the move, is to plan for our 3 weeks on the Nieuw Statendam. Navigator informs us we have but 108 days until we board.

A few comments on the Monday report:

@atexsix  Bruno, you & DD are in such a tough situation. Thinking of you as you plan the future. <<hugs galore>>

@marshhawk  Your new 'do' is spectacular!

@ger_77  I do wish Virginia were closer to Saskatchewan so I could lessen your zucchini burden! But since that isn't likely to happen, I will continue to patronize our weekly farmers' market.

RIP David McCulloch (most of his books are in DH's collection) and Olivia Newton-John.

And for those of you I have not mentioned by name, I read each and every one of your posts. Thank you all for contributing so regularly.

-Cat (and David too!!)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1