Drink prices please

whtdog

I have been searching the boards and sadly I cannot find a list of the drink prices.  We are booked on the trade routes of the Middle Ages in 2023. 
silver spirits package is $279.00 ( each person in the cabin must make the purchase.)

can anyone share the latest list 🙏

thank you very much!!!

I think I have some menu pics that I can find.

We always buy Silver Spirits because we want access to the full wine list all day, not just the wines that they choose as house which is usually one red and one white.  

Yes, both or all in the cabin must subscribe to the SS package.

On the full wine list, the typical price for a glass of wine is $6.00 (USD on the menu I am quoting).

Remember that you do get beer and wine included with lunch and dinner and you can ask for a fresh beer or top the wine up as you are leaving the dining room.  We often see people carrying a full glass of wine when they leave the dining room.

To us, the cost has always been worth it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I think I have some menu pics that I can find.

We always buy Silver Spirits because we want access to the full wine list all day, not just the wines that they choose as house which is usually one red and one white.  

Yes, both or all in the cabin must subscribe to the SS package.

On the full wine list, the typical price for a glass of wine is $6.00 (USD on the menu I am quoting).

Remember that you do get beer and wine included with lunch and dinner and you can ask for a fresh beer or top the wine up as you are leaving the dining room.  We often see people carrying a full glass of wine when they leave the dining room.

To us, the cost has always been worth it.

You can always get whatever you want regardless of how it's paid for.

• Like 2

On MVJ:  Onboard experience -- Dining and Beverage -- Silver Spirits Package -- Learn More -- Sample Menu.  This will bring up the Living Room Bar Menu.  Does not have Wine List.

You should be able to print it.  

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info
  • Like 2

THANK YOU!

I’m traveling with a bourbon collector 😏 so, we must take his obsession in consideration!

I just like a good glass of wine.  Yes, we’re going to go with the silver spirits package ☺️

6 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

FYI—You don’t have to have the SS Package to get access to the full wine list. It’s open to all regardless of package.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whtdog said:

THANK YOU!

I’m traveling with a bourbon collector 😏 so, we must take his obsession in consideration!

I just like a good glass of wine.  Yes, we’re going to go with the silver spirits package ☺️

Viking allows you to bring wine and spirits onboard and will serve it with no corking charge. If you see a bottle you like when on an excursion be sure to buy it. This was a big plus when river cruising in wine country.

• Like 1

Drink prices are reasonable but the pours are more like half pours compared to what I am used to.  We find that both of us don't consume enough alcohol for the Silver Spirits package to pencil out.  We are fine with beer and wine provided and we also buy a bottle of gin off ship for a pre-dinner gin and tonic in our cabin as we get ready for dinner or wind down in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

Drink prices are reasonable but the pours are more like half pours compared to what I am used to.  We find that both of us don't consume enough alcohol for the Silver Spirits package to pencil out.  We are fine with beer and wine provided and we also buy a bottle of gin off ship for a pre-dinner gin and tonic in our cabin as we get ready for dinner or wind down in the afternoon.

You can probably persuade your cabin guy to bring some lime wedges with the ice.

8 hours ago, whtdog said:

THANK YOU!

I am a bourbon drinker as well and will be bringing a bottle with me on our October cruise. Glasses and ice in the cabin so easy to have a cocktail on the balcony before dinner 🙂

Very generous of Viking to allow you to bring on whatever you want. 

Edited by WNcruiser

And the ice is necessary to drink the small bottle of Ouzo you purchase in the Greek port so that you can say that you drank the Greek drink in Greece!  Sharing the experience of a “friend”

Yes, that friend could have been my wife and I.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:27 PM, whtdog said:

I have been searching the boards and sadly I cannot find a list of the drink prices.  We are booked on the trade routes of the Middle Ages in 2023. 
silver spirits package is $279.00 ( each person in the cabin must make the purchase.)

can anyone share the latest list 🙏

thank you very much!!!

I was able to access the “sample menu” listed with the explanation for the Silver Spirits package under the Onboard Experience tab of MVJ.