Carnival Splendor and rodents

Goldshep

14 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

ALKID, Do you understand who chengkp is, and why he is pursuing the answer to your situation? FYI, he is chief engineer with a lifetime career on ships.  He knows a few things.  

I dont care, nobody walks on water.  Don’t believe everything you read…..

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We live in the stix and deal with mice and rats. Snakes and cats are a great solution.

Agree.  Except when one of your cats attacks one of your snakes.  Happened to me.  Loved them both.  Snake eventually died from his wounds.  Very sad.😢 

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Agree.  Except when one of your cats attacks one of your snakes.  Happened to me.  Loved them both.  Snake eventually died from his wounds.  Very sad.😢 

We try to keep them in different areas. Most of the snakes are harmless except for the occasional copperhead or rattlesnake that shows up.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We try to keep them in different areas. Most of the snakes are harmless except for the occasional copperhead or rattlesnake that shows up.

Mine was an Eastern Black Rat Snake.  Completely harmless and beneficial.  He got out of his habitat and one of my cats found him before I could.☹️

8 hours ago, ALKID said:

Yes.

Ports that require protection from rats coming from a ship? That sounds absurd. There must be rats everywhere in every port. The maybe one ore two rats that find a rope to get to land won't solve that problem. I'm amazed (but that's my middle name) that it would the port that requires rat guards. I'd think it would be the ship protecting itself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

🙄 I've never seen a cruise/travel insurance policy with "Acts of Rodents" coverage for personal possessions.

You don't want anything so specific. Particularly when there is no proof it was rodents. Someone could have overstuffed a washing machine. One could argue that there was theft. Theft of material by something (rodent, washing machine, whatever).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

Mine was an Eastern Black Rat Snake.  Completely harmless and beneficial.  He got out of his habitat and one of my cats found him before I could.☹️

We get rat snakes. I almost stepped on a watersnake a few weeks ago. He must have thought there were fish in our pool.

9 minutes ago, AmazedByCruising said:

Ports that require protection from rats coming from a ship?

No, ports require protection from the diseases that the rats from the ship may introduce.  I know covid has dominated the headlines for the last couple of years, but there was a thing called plague.  Also, hanta virus, typhoid, typhus, and a few others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1