On board coral Princess now

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The wine stopper is useful at least

We have several of those but with screw top wine bottles common in Australia, we haven't found a use for one yet. Although, when I had noro a few months ago, my husband had a suggestion. I will leave that one to your imagination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wow! What a ratio of crew to passengers. Maybe the Coral Princess rates at a luxury cruise ship now!😁

The service has been excellent  all of the cruises. Staff are recovering  from the busy 3 night drink package cruise I think

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That would have been a more difficult cruise for the crew.

It was. For some elements, it was worse than for Carnival and P&O. After all, those "party like" 3 night cruises don't come with a Plus fare drink package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

The ship is very quiet. Good atmosphere  at all the shows.

Only using one dining room for the whole cruise and only one feature show per night.

I remember Kevin the cruise director saying that the Universal Lounge was going to be closed for this cruise and it would be used for crew fun activities such as a wine and cheese night and some production/game shows that would be put on for the crew.

I hope the crew enjoy the seven days of lower passenger numbers after all their hard work.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I remember Kevin the cruise director saying that the Universal Lounge was going to be closed for this cruise and it would be used for crew fun activities such as a wine and cheese night and some production/game shows that would be put on for the crew.

I hope the crew enjoy the seven days of lower passenger numbers after all their hard work.

Really good. 👍

20 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Absolutely.

20 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Oh that's great! Nice to give the crew a bit of fun. I remember one time when were doing a repositioning cruise up to Asia - I think it it was the Golden one to HK - and one night they had a crew party in the Sanctuary.

I wonder if the production staff will put on the Hollywood Hiccups Show for the crew in the Universe Lounge.

We watched it from the top level and there were about ten white uniformed staff (guys and gals) viewing it from up there and having a great laugh at the antics of the cruise directors staff,

especially when Kevin had his shirt off and when the cows and chickens were bowing down.

I'm trying not to give anything away for those who haven't watched it.

But it is so bad it's good. ( $22 budget was the budget, so Kevin told the audience)

The home made/ make do costumes are charming and make you laugh.

So it will be good for all the crew to be able to see it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Only using one dining room for the whole cruise and only one feature show per night.

The cruise director said there were only going to be about 500 or so on board for the leg but sounded rather low. And yes, they were to close the Universe Lounge and have crew activities there.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

The cruise director said there were only going to be about 500 or so on board for the leg but sounded rather low. And yes, they were to close the Universe Lounge and have crew activities there.

Friends aboard have mentioned this afternoon, the following cruise currently has around 500 booked.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

how many nights are u having on this ship ??

traveling with many others ?

• Like 2