On board coral Princess now

My first medallion was only useful as a fridge magnet. It was a dud, but took guest services 5 minutes to replace. All good now, although the gps is out by around 7 metres, and could explain why some orders have trouble finding their mark.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

My first medallion was only useful as a fridge magnet. It was a dud, but took guest services 5 minutes to replace. All good now, although the gps is out by around 7 metres, and could explain why some orders have trouble finding their mark.

As long as you remain onboard and it doesn't show you overboard it shouldn't be too much of an issue

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B'Elanna said:

Just a quick question to anyone who is on board or has been on board.

Do you still get the credit card sized card or does the Medallion thingy replace it totally? Just wondering, as I collect them!

it’s the small one,,,thought there are a few with watch wrist types.

Impressions : it’s a nice ship, clean, a lot of bars, which is great if you have a drinks package, otherwise you probably would be bored.

balcony room on Baja 11 near lift…small no lounge unlike Ovation…. Beds are comfortable but I’d hate to image how many of the larger quests would be sleeping on them in twin or double configuration 

we’ve only done the piggery for food…not overly impressed… quite bland… miss the larger ship choices.  Forget decent bacon on here…….A simple bread roll at breakfast couldn’t be found.  Granted my last cruise was one of those Chinese ships that was doing local cruises in 2019…that was horrid…food was terrible.

watching kids play table tennis..that’s the lone entertainment for them..there are very few kids on this one.

gym 1 rower, cardio equipment is half on, with that Covid separation still going on. 

3 nights is probably reaching my tolerance on this ship.. I would find that any longer that I would be getting close to the 15 drinks per day…..thought it would be nice to know what those tall drinks are called .????

Traveling with my 82 mother …whom will probably not have another holiday…. mind is going.

Edited by shireboi
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As long as you remain onboard and it doesn't show you overboard it shouldn't be too much of an issue

In the busy areas on deck, you have to keep an eye out for the waiter. For mine, she walked straight past me and was heading to an adjacent area. I also spotted than when a waiter starts calling out a name, that there are people willing to put their hand up to claim it.

Masks are a mix. Most wearing them as required. Some wear when asked. Listed to a bloke at breakfast who said he refused to wear one, and complained about the "Karens" who were asking him to mask-up. I guess it takes all types.

• Like 3

We have been pretty happy with everything so far. For my key markers though, the creme brule was egg custard last night, and no eggs Benny for breakfast in dining room. I will manage somehow 😁

Spotted Pacific Encounter as we passed in the night. Her first cruise day today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have been pretty happy with everything so far. For my key markers though, the creme brule was egg custard last night, and no eggs Benny for breakfast in dining room. I will manage somehow 😁

Spotted Pacific Encounter as we passed in the night. Her first cruise day today.

Even when eggs benedict isn't on the breakfast menu in the MDR, I smile nicely and ask if I can have it.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, shireboi said:

it’s the small one,,,thought there are a few with watch wrist types.

Impressions : it’s a nice ship, clean, a lot of bars, which is great if you have a drinks package, otherwise you probably would be bored.

balcony room on Baja 11 near lift…small no lounge unlike Ovation…. Beds are comfortable but I’d hate to image how many of the larger quests would be sleeping on them in twin or double configuration 

we’ve only done the piggery for food…not overly impressed… quite bland… miss the larger ship choices.  Forget decent bacon on here…….A simple bread roll at breakfast couldn’t be found.  Granted my last cruise was one of those Chinese ships that was doing local cruises in 2019…that was horrid…food was terrible.

watching kids play table tennis..that’s the lone entertainment for them..there are very few kids on this one.

gym 1 rower, cardio equipment is half on, with that Covid separation still going on. 

3 nights is probably reaching my tolerance on this ship.. I would find that any longer that I would be getting close to the 15 drinks per day…..thought it would be nice to know what those tall drinks are called .????

Traveling with my 82 mother …whom will probably not have another holiday…. mind is going.

Bread rolls and pastries are opposite  the tea and coffee area.

I went to the buffet for breakfast this morning  as I was hungry  early.

The 'biscuits' were nice. I just treat them as scones and  put butter and jam on them.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Even when eggs benedict isn't on the breakfast menu in the MDR, I smile nicely and ask if I can have it.

I had the brulee last night. Mine was crunchy on the top. Mind you I like egg custard too

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, arxcards said:

In the busy areas on deck, you have to keep an eye out for the waiter. For mine, she walked straight past me and was heading to an adjacent area. I also spotted than when a waiter starts calling out a name, that there are people willing to put their hand up to claim it.

Masks are a mix. Most wearing them as required. Some wear when asked. Listed to a bloke at breakfast who said he refused to wear one, and complained about the "Karens" who were asking him to mask-up. I guess it takes all types.

Lol, Nigel's are likely to complain about that.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:11 PM, Aussieflyer said:

The cruise director mentioned there were only 2 current cases on board.

He did make quips about making the news…..again for different things. 

noticed there is an entry for coral princess on the nsw cruise covid website today... 'green' which is good news...

Vessel: Coral Princess - GREEN* (risk level 1 of 4)

Arriving Newcastle 21 August

Arriving Sydney 22 August

Arriving Eden 24 August

Arriving Newcastle 25 August

Arriving Sydney 29 August

Arriving Eden 31 August

1.GREEN No / Low Impact to Vessel
There are very few cases on board (less than 3 positive cases per 1,000 people), and there is no impact to services.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

noticed there is an entry for coral princess on the nsw cruise covid website today... 'green' which is good news...

Vessel: Coral Princess - GREEN* (risk level 1 of 4)

Arriving Newcastle 21 August

Arriving Sydney 22 August

Arriving Eden 24 August

Arriving Newcastle 25 August

Arriving Sydney 29 August

Arriving Eden 31 August

1.GREEN No / Low Impact to Vessel
There are very few cases on board (less than 3 positive cases per 1,000 people), and there is no impact to services.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

Excellent news for them. 

• Like 1