flights

grest

As I understand it, flights  purchased through FlightEase are included in the “won’t leave you behind” promise from HAL. HAL will see to it that you catch up with your ship if it sails  before you can get aboard by flying you to the next available port.

You may also get cancellation protection for your flight  if you’ve purchased the cancellation package from HAL.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grest said:

Is there a difference between FlightEase and making arrangements through a TA at HAL?   God a pretty good price from Amsterdam.    Thanks

The easiest way to check is to go through the motions of picking your flights on Flightease to compare the fares.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

In these days of airlines constantly changing flight times, Flight Ease will help resolve any issues that you encounter - and if the airline causes the problem, no charge to you.

Example: our last change resulted in us arriving back home at midnight with at least a 90 minute ride home after that. Flight ease is working with us to find a better option. 

Someone else on CC mentioned that her last flight change bumped her out of First Class and the folk at flight ease helped her correct the issue. 

If the HAL TA uses Flight Ease to book your travel, there may not be any difference. 

47 minutes ago, grest said:

Is there a difference between FlightEase and making arrangements through a TA at HAL?   God a pretty good price from Amsterdam.    Thanks

If you’re referring to a HAL PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) then there is no difference as they are using FlightEase.

45 minutes ago, grest said:

another related question.   Our flight arrangements are with a partner of Delta, where we are frequent flyers.   Can we get points, and can we try to upgrade?   Thanks

I recently purchased flights through Delta but none of them are on Delta metal.  I did not use FlightEase as it’s restrictive for what I want to do.  The first leg is with KLM and I could pick my seats as well as upgrade.  The last leg (I have a non-Delta flight in between) is with Air France but I had to create an account with Flying Blue in order to log in and pick my seats.  I was unable to upgrade so I’ve got to give them a call (which I dread).

Basically, log into your Delta account and add the confirmation # to load your flights.  You will be able to choose seats and upgrade from there.  (Providing you didn’t purchase basic economy.)

Hope this helps.

The answer to the OP's question is not simple.  If your Travel/Cruise agency books your air through HAL they are also using Flightease although they do have somewhat different computer access than we consumers.  But a travel agency could book your air through other means.  So, if you are relying on your travel/cruise agency to handle your air it is up to you to inquire how they are booking that air.

When we want to use Flightease (or similar booking schemes with other cruise lines) we prefer to do our own air.  In the case of HAL, once you have a cruise booking number you can access your reservation and go to the Flightease screens where you can input lots of different options to find the best and most convenient air deals.  My cruise agencies (we use 3) do not like to handle air arrangements since it can take some time and they do not like to make deciscions on flights, airlines, airports, etc.   When i look at Flightease options for International flights i am generally looking at Business Class and will check all the options from 6 different airports in our part of the country.  So, for example, I might find a much better deal (and non-stop) flight from Dulles than from either Philadelphia or Newark.  When I see a good deal I immediately book it since the pricing can change within minutes.  

I will give you a great example why you should do your own air.  When we were looking for Business Class to Tokyo (for a future HAL cruise) we assumed the best deals would be out of Newark or possibly JFK (a 4 hour drive).  But while looking at the options on Flightease I stumbled on a great option (British Air connecting to JAL) out of Dulles that was more convenient and saved us nearly $1000 (Bus Class) over the best deals out of Newark.  If I had depended on a cruise agent to handle our air they would not have even looked for that option (unless we specifically told them to look at Dulles flights).   When booking those flights I also checked the type aircraft, seating layout (important in Business Class), etc.  We booked 2 abreast lay flat seats.  But some aircraft have 3 abreast (not a good thing) and these are the kind of things best done on your own.

Hank

I booked flight with Flight East last week.  On the docs I received was the file locator number for Air Canada.  When I went into the Air Canada site to look up my reservation their system could not find my file.  Is that because the payment is still outstanding and will be paid this December along with my balance owing on the cruise?

1 hour ago, Sue from Canada said:

I booked flight with Flight East last week.  On the docs I received was the file locator number for Air Canada.  When I went into the Air Canada site to look up my reservation their system could not find my file.  Is that because the payment is still outstanding and will be paid this December along with my balance owing on the cruise?

It is most likely because the reservation is held but not paid for.  Flight ease usually pays about 30 days in advance but sometimes earlier. I use American almost exclusively through flight ease and on my page it finds the booking but says to pay for my ticket for access.  I can’t change seats or manage other incidentals until it is paid.  You can request Flight Ease to do early ticketing but then you would have to pay upfront and you would now be restricted fare instead of flexible fare

you can manage some incidentals through the flight ease page on HAL

• Thanks 1