Adding a Signature?

23 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I can’t work out how to do this. Can someone help me with this?

Go to your account and click on settings.  There you will see the signature box or a link to settings area (depending on whether your on a desktop or phone/laptop) where the signature box will be.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

If you really want new information to show, it is better to put it at the top of the list, rather than the bottom. Most people won't expand your signature; my desktop only shows 4 lines. It makes more sense to have your upcoming trips at the top; that is what people are more likely to be interested in here on CC. Your history is really more for you.

9 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

If you really want new information to show, it is better to put it at the top of the list, rather than the bottom. Most people won't expand your signature; my desktop only shows 4 lines. It makes more sense to have your upcoming trips at the top; that is what people are more likely to be interested in here on CC. Your history is really more for you.

Now I’ll have to figure THAT out - lol!

Thank you @Host Jazzbeau for moving this thread to the correct forum! Folks often forget about this forum for finding the help they need in using the message board software.

Now a FYI to all reading this thread,

This forum is located at the top of the Cruise Critic Community list of forums right under Forum AssistanceWhenever you wonder if you need help with using the message board software, always check this forum first. Most often CC Help Jenn has already addressed the matter. Note the numerous "How to..." pinned threads toward the top of this forum's first page.

And speaking of the pinned threads here...  and to stay on topic, please note the following from How To: Edit Signature especially the quick link to your signature section:

"You can edit your signature.  Here is a quick link to that section of your settings:   Edit Signature

If you want to find this section in the future, click your user name at the top right side of the forums .

• Select Account Settings from the Menu
  • On the left side select SIGNATURE
  • Type your signature into the box
  • You can add a photo if you would like
  • Click SAVE to save your new signature"

And if you want to see what your new or edited signature looks like under a post, please do so on the TEST FORUM.

Hope this information will be helpful to all,

Host Kat

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I remembered in the past I could choose with each post whether or not I wanted to add my signature. I don't really want to delete all the info, but for most posts I would not use the signature if I could decide on a case-by-case basis.